Southwall Smokers, Lydden Hill Drift Day, 30th Nov 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Oct 21, 2013.

1. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

If he is on his roof, then science would say, he can't link the track fine.

Yes baggsy rolled there as well. Therefore he is also a douche correct.

As before just calm the fuck down on track before someone gets it shut down. Simple

2. helmet421

helmet421 Member

So how do you propose we improve our driving ability without actually pushing ourselves on a drift PRACTICE day???? I thought the whole point of these events was too try an improve ourselves an get become better an as you said you werent even there too witness it the car dug in as soon as it hit the gravel an was a very gentle/slow roll on too my roof when the car was put back on its wheel it was back on the track thats how quickly it dug in the fact i messed up too end up in the gravel i am happy too admit was my fault we make mistakes hence not in pro group but even they spin etc!

3. Clive

Clive Active Member

Sorry Jack.

You wasn't there. The lad was just extremely unlucky. It wasn't like he even went in fast!!

End.

4. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

**edit

cant be arsed to moan/argue on here.. if you got a problem with my driving pm me.... ps ive got go pro footage of what your talking about... ;)

less bitching about lydden.. the owner gets all this feedback and we dont wanna risk losing it

#164 reeperR32, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  5. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

edit.. ignore

#165 reeperR32, Dec 1, 2013
  6. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Fair enough.

In answer to the above, fair one it's a practice day just saying from previous days there's a lot of people just getting red mist and doing stupid shit who need to calm down a bit, if this wasn't the case then fair one. Just don't want to see someone end up getting hurt

7. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

U lot are like having kids, i leave u alone to play for nice for half a day and utter carnage breaks out.

I have read all ur comments and when i have half hour ill do a proper reply to some of them.

8. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Its practice for you. Kids come after marriage!

9. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

Had such a good time at this event.

Went in on Novice class as I had only ever done 2 drift days before a my local little track. Found it very slow and people literally stopping on chessens where people were entering devils so slowly. But I can't complain - It was the lowest group after all.

Thought the marshalls did a brilliant job of keeping it running as smoothly as possible, and thank you to all who make these days possible!

Cheers

10. bear.

bear. Member

When's the next one then? I'm ready to sign up now ! haha

11. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

#171 Sam H, Dec 2, 2013
  12. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

there is aanother video on youtube from the 30th where there are a few cars drifting up the hill at the end of their session. Again why do you feel the need to do that, it was clearly mentioned in the briefing not to do it.

13. stuntgod1

stuntgod1 Member

LOL Clearly! what briefing were you at?

14. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

haha point taken but if you cant hear then make it be heard that you cant hear or move closer there was loads of room.

15. bear.

bear. Member

I think that was me, I couldn't hear the briefing and someone filled me in on what was said after. Seems they forgot to tell me that was against the rules :/ sorry.

16. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

props to you for holding your hands up and admitting blame. We love this circuit and dont want it taken away from us.

17. MattBristow

MattBristow New Member

Galleries from Saturday now available. Thanks to James for stepping in at the last minute as I was called elsewhere

As previously mentioned digital copies are all FREE

Lydden Hill Race Circuit

18. bear.

bear. Member

Next time I won't skid up there as I know that is the rules now ;) haha

I really think the issue of the briefing being so quiet needs to be addressed. More authority from Lydden staff would help with the rules being followed

19. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

Matt can i get digital copies of mine please. the angle looks insane

20. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Finally time to reply to you all,
    First glad that everyone that had an accident is ok but you cant blame the track for accidents, the gravel & barriers don't suddenly jump out in front of you they are at fixed points and were there the last time you went round the lap. We all know its a practice day and people will push themselves but everyone should ruffly know where there & car's limit of abilty is pushing beyond that point is always going to end badly.
    Theres a trend of people thinking they are way better than they are and going in the wrong groups, I'm looking into a solution to this problem.

I wasn't in the briefing first thing so cant really comment on it, but what I will say is if your confused or cant hear the briefing say something at the time. Noone stood there will think any less of you for asking questions, I'm sure they'd rather you asked at the briefing rather than after you stoved into their car. Normally I put up a list of rules on the first page for people to read before they book, but surely everyone understands what a red or yellow flag means it's not that different from traffic lights on the road.

I've got the dates for next year first one is 16th feb I believe.

Next year we are going to run a comp (LHDC) Lydden Hill Drift Challenge, Its grass roots drifting, aimed at those that don't/cant compete in the BDC. There will be 3 rounds in total over the year and prizes to be won, the aim is for it to fun, enjoyable, cheap & a stepping stone into bigger drift comps, I'll get some details up soon for this.