Help me beat the police!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by status unknown, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

I don't like it either. Unfortunately, I'm not a policeman so can't give you a ticket for it. LOL

2. MackRotten

MackRotten New Member

Genuinely just made me chuckle.

3. Nutter

Nutter Member

The name I couldn't remember was The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986.

A part I picked out on there definition of wide tyres

"Wide tyre a pneumatic tyre of which the area of contact with the road surface is not less than 300mm in width when measured at right angles to the longitudinal axis of the vehicle.."

#23 Nutter, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  4. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

what has been modified to get the camber ?
    Does it have any certifications ?

If its something you made yourself then I don't think they are going to believe its safe for road use.

BTW it just looks daft

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

If your looking for a legit answer I wouldnt be coming on to this forum anymore, 50% of the people responding haven't got a fucking clue what there on about and the other half.. well.. I wont go there.

ANYWAY For the guys replying back with "I dont like it, it looks shit." Guess fucking what? No one asked for god dam opinions.. also I doubt very much the OP gives a shit. Go back to facebook and tell your 100+ followers.. maybe one of them will care enough to 'like' it.. or 'poke' you or whatever gay shit goes on there now adays.

EDIT i'll PM you..

#25 mint, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  6. benjiRX7

benjiRX7 Member

i dont think it is legal, as long as the tops of the tyre are not exposed im sure it should be fine, ive never heard anything that its illegal think uve just come accross a copper on a bad day

i dont mind a bit of camber but too much is just shit, waste of tyres

7. J4CK

J4CK Member

People saying 'omg it looks shit etc' if this was on a 86 or a ps you lot would be crying

8. astraboy

astraboy Yer, fookin' Volvoooo!

only advice I'd give is we tried to fight something similar (but with driving without due care and attention) with witnesses to the contrary of what the policeman said and everything.

we may as well have done nothing. the guy got 9 points and a 350 quid fine. Bottom line is you're in a magistrates court on a motoring offence. you're guilty before you walk through the door.

save yourself hassle and expense. turn your car back to standard, take photos, take them to court. be utterly repentant, say it was stupid of you to do that and your car has been returned normal. You are going to be tried by social climbing housewives and ex army colonels who still think it's the 1970's. They arnt going to be interested in anything other than contrition and compliance. Mad scene points are so far off their radar you may as well put forward a case for life on mars and it's your wallet that will feel it the most.

for your day in court go in armed with photos of your car as standard. eat humble pie for a few hours and if you really feel the need to rebel, do it afterward in the rest of the day modifying your car the way you want.
    astraboy.

9. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

I don't like the ae86, think its an overrated POS

10. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Think he meant GT86 more. Plenty of those with excessive camber atm

11. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

I thought the rule was that the wheel doesn't stick out further than the wheel arch, so if any part passes the arch its not right.

Also, has it been declared on the insurance? If it has then why has the insurance passed an illegal road car. If it hasn't, well suck ass cause you've just voided your insurance..

As said, best to put back to standard, take pics, suck some balls in court and put your halo up, and hope your get a minimal fine.

Same with parking fines etc, its easier to pay up even if you feel not in the wrong, because if you do contest it and are proven wrong, the retaliation will be much worse.

12. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

the tread of the tyre cannot stick past the arch, hence why people stretched tyres and caber, it lets them put on silly wide wheels to get past that rule

13. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

I stand corrected

14. Day

Day Member

If you really want to fight it id suggest going to the VOSA and seeing if they can inspect the vehicle for you and see what they say. Failing that get the car MOT'd again or ask a qualified engineer to put their word against it to say its okay. Your after structural safety to prove the wheel isn't about to fall off and you need them to say its legit because the treads are hidden under the arches.

You can argue that the car is structurely sound (as long as you haven't bodged it to do that, in which case theyre right to have you in court) and that it is perfectly safe. They could argue that it reduces the surface area of the tyre which would be dangerous in certain conditions.

Whatever you do, don't mention racing, they will immediately presume you are a boy racer (if they haven't already), and don't take magazines to show them that its okay because other people have done it, shit doesn't work that way, they wont be interested.

15. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

I don't mean to take the mick, but the front wheels look normal camber wise, so what IS the point in what you've done to the rear?

16. status unknown

Because I could only afford to build the rear wheels at the time. Bbs ain't cheap:/

17. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

Hahahahahahah, hilarious

SU - I wish you good luck in your quest to beat the police. As said, a qualified engineer who knows what he's talking about should give you a decent enough answer to use in court.

18. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

[​IMG]
    Show them this, I hope it helps

19. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

OMG!! All you can eat breakfast buffet! Definitely not a uk picture

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

only useful post on this thread.

couldnt of put it better.

take them off, take photos of it on some stock rims, wear a suit and tell them you are incredibly sorry you had no idea it was illegal, in fact your still not entirely sure it is as couldnt find any mention of it, but seeing as your such a good citizen you took them off anyway as you need your car for work, and wouldnt be able to afford insurance with anymore points so your going to do everything possible not to get in trouble, and your sorry again. etc etc etc.

job done. then stick them back on after if you want. though tbh i think they look gay as fook. sell them and get a decent car.