Help me beat the police!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by status unknown, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Freddie, got any pics of your car with the mental camber?

2. Gazelle

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Right.

This thread is exactly what is wrong with the country.

The way i see it, I feel that Britain, Once has this thing known as "'common sense" The Laws that govern our country used to have, a lot of grey areas.

Alas people could get away with doing a lot of awesome stuff that probably aint so Legit. The thing that people in Britain throughout the last 20 years have lost the ability to push the boundaries "without taking the piss", In every walk of life, From Bankers, to MD's, To single mums with 200 kids, and then... you come to car "enthusiasts".

So In the UK or road laws are SO relaxed, you look at the rest of the world. Especially Europe, where everything to go on the road has to be TUV stamped and checked and shit, in some states of Australia you have to get engineers reports. Over here there is almost no rules on modifications. you can go as low and as wide as you want, you can make kit cars in your shed. All sorts of crazy shit. But people like you don't know when to fucking stop. Its the same with some of the guys in the drift scene who run road cars with more then like 4 Degrees Negative. There is no fucking need. It looks like Shit, Drives like shit. and just attracts the wrong kind of attention.

By people like you trying to go to court and fight your corner about how your modified car is 100% safe, What do you think is more likely to happen, You win - Running unguarded wheels and dick head camber is going to become legal? no there going to throw the fucking book at you, and at the same time, they will probably just add a line into the MOT saying "No after-market suspension modifications" That's a whole lot better for them. and easier and safer and in return - you will fuck the rest of us. (and a word of warning if that happens, you and your family are probably going to get trolled by the Car world so bad, self harm is probably going to be with a rope)

So. why dont you, Get back in the Grey area we call the Law, do us all a favour and shut up.

#43 Joe-sef, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. toyotarally

toyotarally New Member

Can't believe the shit youre getting away with in the uk :p
    Looks ugly as hell and is very unsafe.
    Im jealous of the tuning you can do on youre cars but happy this shit is forbidden over here

5. Gazelle

Where is over here?

6. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

We can't just build a kit car in our sheds and put it on the road you know.. I've heard of someone that spent over 20k doing one and it failed its sva test and couldn't be used until changed. Think he sold it in the end

7. oldroydsr4

oldroydsr4 Member

Well said.

Excess neg camber looks shit and has no benefit to performance, especially on the rear wheels of a honda civic.

The wheels you built are too big for your car; now bend over and take the pineapple from the judge.

8. toyotarally

toyotarally New Member

Belgium :p
    Maybe tone was bit too much sorry for that but in belgium the only tuning that is allowed is an after market filter thats it(and you have to pay extra at inspection for it :)
    No other exhaust unless with expensive papers
    No other manifold
    No other engines
    No other wheels sizes
    No other brakes or brake pads
    No tuning of the engine what so ever eg no other cams,no other ecu,
    No other springs unless expensive testing
    etc etc

Thats why you have so much rally over here :D (10 different rally in a span of 20 km +-)

#48 toyotarally, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  9. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Then that guy must have been a retard, as we have built a kit car and it was a piece of piss

10. brennon

brennon Active Member

Toby carvery ;)

11. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

I like Astraboy's comment the most. And besides that, what does your solicitor advise?

12. wantthatone

wantthatone Member

lol like this

13. zainey

zainey Member

best get some bum gel your going down bitch!

14. aaronlediwdge

aaronlediwdge Member

If i were the police i would be taking into account the manufacturers limits for camber which i would imagine would be between maybe .5 and 1 degree. then saying your 4+ degrees is four times that and as such not within design tolerances. if you want any type of leg to stand on you could try and show that the tyre contact patch still meets the same dimension as the manufacturers stock tyre size with stock camber but i doubt it does.

I also doubt any camber arms or coilovers you have are approved for road use.

To be honest as said above i think you should just put it back to stock and apologize before you ruin things for the rest of us.

15. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Approved by whom?
    VOSA don't do any of that, and TUV means nothing in this country (legally speaking)

The only hope the OP has is to be able to demonstrate his car still performs/brakes the same as a std model.
    or apologise for his silly car and take it on the chin.

16. aaronlediwdge

aaronlediwdge Member

I guess meets manufacturers guidelines. Fia approval could be deemed good enough

17. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Retarded camber..............................nuff said!
    [​IMG]

18. 340mike

340mike Member

How can the wicked gay camber be legal if there isnt an approving body. ;)

19. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

If your serious about it , make inquiries as to how you could submit your vehicle for testing . I have heard about it being done on cars that have been clocked speeding at speeds they are not capable of reaching . Fuck everyone saying " just bend over " don't ruin it for everyone " . THAT is what's wrong with this country . If you believe you may be right fight them . I do think it looks over the top but I have seen similar on cars on here whom the owners of are regularly noshed off

20. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

Mmmm.. Wish I'd get noshed off. Wasn't even allowed at Xmas. Time to upgrade to a newer Model i think..