Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 15th Feb 2014

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

Looks like it's gonna be wet :'(
    May not go.

2. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Im keeping a real close eye on the weather, I'm really hoping its dryish. Especially coming from Bristol would be a shame not do some fun smokey skids :(

3. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Read the first post mate.

I havent bothered checking the weather its so random atm. Just gonna take lots of tyres and hope for the best.

4. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Still a few spaces left.
    1 pro
    1 inter/pro
    6 novice

5. Adam.

Adam. Member

I'm hoping for rain lol, got naff all tyres :(

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

Just swapped out the semi slicks for wets, giving up hoping for drie just taking lots more fuel and hoping i can find some grip out there. track tends to flood really bad in some parts. but nvm lydden is still good even in the rain.

7. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

8. Tbone455ci

Tbone455ci New Member

Cheers mate, is it definitely on tomorrow? weather looking pretty grim....traveling from London

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

was a good day, shame about the rain. anyone know who was there taking photos ?

10. gouwy

gouwy Member

Is it because i'm from belgium, or did anyone else got completely frustrated by the fact that we spent more time standing there doing nothing while they were pulling some &#%$ out the litter box for the 7th time in one lap?
    I mean there's some shitty driving to be found on this side of the north sea, but what i've seen yesterday just blew my mind.
    And i was in the pro class. Cant imagine how horrible it must of been in the other classes...

11. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

tbh I could see your group was being red flagged quite often.. I was in inter/pro and personally found it flowed very well considering the conditions ;)

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

Was in inter/pro and was very happy with the way it was going. some people need to move over and let faster car go past more often and give slower car there space to do there thing but all in all was really good. massive high 5 to the guy in the supra loved chasing you around for a couple of laps. sorry for the 2 fail spins that got me stuck.

13. Faniel321

Faniel321 Member

I was only there to spectate but I thought every driver did well and had a good day myself

14. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

I was in inter/pro too. rat looking s14a, just some drivers was little bit slow. i can understand what try to do the driver with silver supra, Hi do the manji between chessnut and devil elbow and was very very slow there. to other drivers, please if you see somebody who ii faster that you, just pass him.

Best regards to all drivers.

15. Badham

Badham Member

I was in the intermediate group and that flowed amazingly I think, yeah a few spins but everyone kept it on the track and got going quickly after (or drifted around). I think our group only got red flagged once and that was the last sesh. I did personally end up in the gravel on the last lap too, tried to be a hero but wiped out the 2nd white barrier after entering the devils elbow (sorry Lydden). Pros try to push and push so you have to expect a few bails. Did see the same car ditch it same place 3 times running though, must have been frustrating.

16. gouwy

gouwy Member

Anyone got some decent pics/footage of dan chapman and me (shitty grey/black LHD s13)?

17. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

I was in the same group as Badham, and think it flowed nicely and most of the drivers were pretty cool. Few odds spins (Sorry to those in the 2nd session where I kept spinning, the handbrake button decided to engage the rachet mechanism! Doh! Meant I had to do controlled spins lol).

Apart from that, was an awesome day chilling with mates, doing some skids and watching Chapman and Gouwy manji'ing their way toward chesson's was a good watch!

Will be back this year for sure!

18. Adam.

Adam. Member

200sx_ your car looked awesome :) I was in the silver lexus in the same group.

19. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Ah awesome! Cheers for that wood, needed to jack the front of a mates 15 up :thumbs: good to see a Lexus slammed haha

20. bear.

bear. Member

Awesome day, achieved a lot more than my first time there in November. Think the inter/novice flowed pretty well... MUCH better than novice which I was in at the November day.

Looking forward to the next one!