Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd March 2014

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Feb 20, 2014.

1. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Yep, but you can blame the people that rung lydden to complain about spectators being £10 for it.

2. bear.

bear. Member

3. 328BM

328BM New Member

Sick day, sick weather, sick skids!

Not quite sure what the "BDC" Sessions were about, just left the pro session after that pretty much empty lol

4. bear.

bear. Member

Awesome day, timetable was a mess though.

And an announcement about an extra session being available was a bit strange as couldn't find anymore info about it.

Then there were 2 sessions with 1 car out at a time?

Super confusing.

The weather did turn out ok though, the track dried out super fast after the showers !

5. helmet421

helmet421 Member

fanatastic day today timetable was confusing,kept chaging as the day went on but not end of the world cant wait for april

6. 328BM

328BM New Member

The 2 sessions where it was just one car out was pro, but all the people in pro were also in the BDC group that they added on, it was weird and i can't see the point in the extra session they got really, but yeah

7. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

If you go to a practice day it should be a practice day not a bloody bdc shake down. Must of paid more than the rest of us ah? Should of flashed my bdc licence for special privilages.

8. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

if you went in the bdc session the marshall told us we were NOT allowed in the red session after it.. hence why the red session near end of day had hardly any cars... so wasnt extra at all if you think about it ;)

9. gav_man_7

gav_man_7 Member

Yeah the groups were very confusing! How did this BDC group come about. I can remember anything in the briefing. Was it just made up after the first session? If u could hear what was being said out the speaker system it might help.

10. Guy B

Guy B Member

Really enjoyed yesterday even though I wasn't driving. Glad it's back down to a fiver to get in.

11. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

Great day as always. Anyone get any pics of the blue 14a with white front wheels in inter group?

12. m11ler

m11ler Member

Had an awesome day yesterday, the little mx5 definitely took some abuse. The standard of driving definitely seemed a lot better all round also.
    Roll on April.

13. samueljon

samueljon Member

Who was in the silver skyline with the black bonnet? [​IMG]

Kept trying to find you through the sessions + sorry for slowing down through the bottom corner

14. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

Another excellent day at lydden ,i loved the changing conditions.

15. lezbrucelee

There had been some comments about the bdc guys being in various groups and scaring the crap out of people so they were shifted to there own group.

Pretty sure thats Steve Tiley (might have spelt his name wrong)

16. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

was good to see everyone.

seems to still be the same problems as previous though with people in the wrong groups for the skill level.

serious question, what was the reason the open pit lane days were replaced by sessions? as i seem to remember they worked a lot better didnt they?

17. haza88

haza88 Active Member

yes mate that's the legend that is steve tiley

good day cheers to lez for the day ( I remember the days of no lyden at all!!! so any day is good n appreciate lez sorting the shizzle out )

skil level/ maturity of driving was much better really gud day

any one have any pics from the day not all of us spend ther lifes on facebook

as for really struggling to know when your session was little idea

put a post in at the end of the grid and when a session is ready for queuing up for, put the colour suited to that session in the post so people can no for sure! when there going out, I no of a few people that missed sessions and went out in wrong session due to not knowing when ther session were

blabla over cant wait for the next one

18. m11ler

m11ler Member

That's actually quite a good idea but i can see Marshall's forgetting to change it meaning even more confusion.

I think an upgrade to the tannoy system wouldn't go amiss to be honest. I'm sure it's in Lydden's plans though.

19. lezbrucelee

it was having so many different skill levels out in one go that caused an issue, it was all gonna end in tears at some point.

That was an awesome idea, i'll see if we can do something along these lines. What was wrong with your car at the end of the day? I found whats wrong with mine.... Melted a piston.

20. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Nice one Les - Spot on day, found the group I was in a little frustrating but worked out okay by the end.

Would a split experience open pit lane work? Novice/Inters in morning Experienced/Pro afternoon work.