London weak skids in a carpark Night

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by S14Kami, Apr 19, 2014.

1. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Put together a little video from one if the nights out! Probably not to somes liking as it's not track but everyone's got to start somewhere! Check it out see what you think :)

#1 S14Kami, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Awww man thats some next level Tokyo Drift stuff there!

Yeah everyone has to start somewhere, but doing donuts in a car park… really? The name "Essex Drifting Club" generally makes me laugh haha

Also, listen to the guy below pleaseeeee

#2 200sx_, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. milez

milez Active Member

what a complete utter load of shite. Please log out and never log back in!!!

4. StanceChild7

StanceChild7 Member

If you think thats drifting you'll fucking faint if you go to a DWYB

5. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Fuck me, this is gonna go down well.

6. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

LOOOL as I said not to some peoples liking, but yeah I stick by that having to start somewhere. Everyone starts off doing it differently init, some people go to the streets, some go straight to a track or a dwyb day and some just find it easier to hit an open car park and learn the basics of it like that. Yeah it's only donuts but I reckon if they feel they're learning about it as they go along then why not...
    Not personally associated with edc btw, they're meets are just generally local to me so easy to get more experience behind a camera :)

7. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Feel I've kicked off something I may regret

8. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

I'd call it car park play time! And a few of the guys in the video I've seen at dwyb...they know what they're doing on the track too! They'd probably also just see this as some time to mess around init, and why not? Who says you should keep it solely to the track

9. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Mainly the police.

10. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

And you've never spun your wheels up on the road? Flicked the back end out at a T-junction? Or done anything the police say you shouldn't? Still I'm not tryna get into legalities or anything, just that everyone has their own preferred place to learn.

11. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Your video is not a "drift night". It's 4-5 cars doing donuts in a car park at Lakeside.

I don't think people are hating on the "illegal driving" as everyone loves to watch a decent streeto video, it's just nobody is impressed by donuts at a car cruise.

12. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Haha lakeside? I stay as far away from there as possible! Went there once for a "static meet" and ain't been back since lol and yeah fair enough not exactly a drift night, maybe car park fun would've been a better suited title for it lol but hey you live and learn! You do get quite a few numbers who like coming down to them but I guess drift works is not the best place to admit to that lool either way I go there for some decent footage (which has helped kick off my photography btw :D) and to meet new people who share an interest!

13. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

This thread lol

14. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Lol this kind of debate must've popped up plenty of times on here

15. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

is this even people trying to learn? looks like attempted dick waving to me.

16. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

As I said some of them already know what they're doing with hours of track time behind them but I know for sure there was some who were trying it out for the first or second time! For the more experienced it's done to liven up the night, the event was put on mainly for car park skids, they probably didn't want to see first timers trying it out the whole night

17. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

but its not just a few mates having a mess around in an empty car park is it?
    its people in cars who can only do right handed doughnuts at a chav cruise.

when I were a lad you would get the saph cosies doing random burnouts/doughnuts and it was just that. now it seems any RWD car doing a wheel spin manoeuvre is drifting.

the trouble is that a lot of actual drifters put a good deal of effort into promoting drifting as a legitimate motorsport.

#17 gaz_moose, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  18. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Lol I never implied it was just a few mates playing around in a car park, the night was put on for this reason lol but to say they can only do right hand turns I can assure you most of them are a lot more component than that when it comes to drifting! Surely someone on here must've seen them at a dwyb? The purple toyota chaser with a 2jz engine is known pretty well afaik within the drifting community and also the E30 pickup

19. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Such homo. Much disappoint. Big wow.

If they were better than doing more than right handed doughnuts then why not find somewhere more secluded and fun rather than some bullshit chavy meet...

20. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Haha you make it sound like this is the only spot they go to...I'm out with them doing streeto then inside a car park, just getting footage while driving is impossible for me...if I had a driver while I film then yeah but unfortunately I don't lol one video showing one night with these guys doesn't define their abilities...