Global Engines & gearboxes Barking - Issue

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by CBRParr, Feb 4, 2014.

1. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

The local trading standards people have got back to me with instructions on what I should do. Very useful! They also said that Global had popped up a few times and is under investigation. But Ideal engines are separate from them and much much worse apparently. I'll keep this thread updated in case anyone has any issues in the future and wants to refer to it.

2. driftchump

driftchump New Member

3. AlanM

AlanM New Member

I have recently purchased my discovery 2.7 diesel engine from Global Engines and Gear Boxes with complete service. I received a prompt response and great service . In contrary to what I am seeing above, I really had a good experience with them. Highly recommend them to my friends and family. I just cannot believe how you had a bad experience with them. I have a personal contact number of Sid, if it might will help you...

4. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Not a suspicious post at all. Nope, not even slightly. :rolleyes:

5. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Ha ha, spamtastic, you filthy scamming fuckers.

Nothing to do with the fact it's one of the first things that pops up in Google, and is obviously bad for business showing people how bad the company is.

6. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

Thanks Alan, your single post count and genuine sounding reply has really set my mind at ease about the horrible experience I had and thousands of pounds out of pocket that I am.

Hmmmm

7. stevoc

stevoc Member

cunt much..

8. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

Nice first post. Good way to enter the world of DW. Tosser :smash:

9. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

did you ever get your car working or back?

10. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

Sideslide

Its back. Working yes. Working as it should do....not convinced. I'll do a propper update when everything as gone through its process and I'm out the other end. I can say though that picking up the car wasn't an experience that I want to go through again and the whole thing has left me very untrusting of getting work done at a garage again. He was rude and threatening to both my dad and I, even spoke about people coming at him with knives.
    I know not everywhere is like this but its put me off anyone going near my car.

11. Lukem

Lukem Member

I feel sorry for you OP, hope you get it all sorted with out too much financial pain!

12. AlanM

AlanM New Member

LOL, yes I admire Global engines for their work and I cannot bullshit them just because everyone else is here, to make you feel genuine, cunt.... I had a great experience, I saw this on Google and i thought I would share my experience or may be try to help OP because I know these guys very well now but whatever.... By the way, I am sure companies dont give a fuck about what people say especially when they come here and talk BS rather than taking appropriate action just in case if they were genuinely misguided or were scammed.

13. AlanM

AlanM New Member

Yes, me too. Please contact me if you need any help. Thanks!

14. r3k1355

So you were just 'browsing Google' and thought you'd drop by and tell everyone how good the company is.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

15. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

I'll keep everyone updated when I can. I don't belive its neccesary to put anything else on here until the issue is resolved.

16. Emsieb

Emsieb New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site and can't work out if I can PM you or not. How did it work out with Global Engines and the work they did as we are having issues with them and not sure what to do?

17. r3k1355

You've been ripped off, they rip everyone off.

Get onto Trading standards and look into the small claims court, if you move fast you might be able to get money out of them before the company shuts down and leaves you with nothing.

I see that cunt AlanM never returned, no doubt he's working there.

18. Emsieb

Emsieb New Member

Thanks for your response. Is it possible to PM people on here?

19. r3k1355

Not sure if it's linked to your post count buddy.

Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards are the organisations you wanna be talking with.
    The Fightback Forums might be a good place to start if you need help with going to the small claims court.

20. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

And then join websites to post fake reviews and call people that call them out a cunt - they sound like real professionals!