Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 26th April.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Apr 5, 2014.

1. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

Cheers Harry, Glen and ......... (I didn't catch your name sorry) for fixing my tie rod. I dunno how the f**k it broke?
    [​IMG]

2. Chimp

Chimp Member

Super good day. Awesome shout out to Lez for being flag hitler. Once that happened at lunch I didn't see anyone running them. Good work.

3. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Yeah that was a good day once it dried up. The marshalls did seem better and it is good they are having more marshalls.

even after the briefing at lunch I still saw loads of people drift on flags but I dont think they all got sent home.

it was quite funny after the chequered flag flooring down the straight then hitting that brakes at the last minute when you get to lez, I dont think anyone drifted past him. Fair play to him for getting out there and doing it but I did notice it was after the rain had stopped.:D

4. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

I usually do a full tank at Lydden, this time I did half and that was even with it raining!

So much time wasted with people drifting on flags and having to be spoken to etc. Got minimal decent seat time because of having to stop so fucking often. (Inter/pro group by the way).

5. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

^^^^ What he said that group was a joke 2 sessions were 3 laps

6. 328BM

328BM New Member

Issues with people being in the wrong group still applies in my opinion. I was in inter and there were some people that spun on every corner or ended up in the gravel multiple times throughout the day.

Also, what was it with people going back in to the paddock through the track entry? Had a few near misses where people just stopped there to go in

7. eurospec

eurospec Member

Wasn't a great day to be honest.
    People need to read the event rules more often I think, especially when it says 'twinning is allowed with the other drivers permission'.
    Had the front of my car destroyed due to some scrote that insisted on sitting on my rear bumper, even when I pulled over out of chessons and indicated to let him by, he still stayed behind.
    I also got removed from 1 session for drifting under red flags apparently, even though I drove the entire lap when they came out!

8. insane 200

insane 200 Jonin Level Drifter

First time at Lydden and all though track was good the sessions weren't all that.

Started the day in interpro as ive been drifting like 8 years and consistanly for 5years althoughnever at lydden. had car issues first session, got held up constantly in second session by the same car spinning and not letting me by then i got hit by a bmw (hit my wheel so no damage i can see) when i stopped drifting on yellow flag to avoid spun car. third session was better but still 80% of time driving straight due to yellow flags and then got booted out of session with 5 other drivers for ignoring a flag that nobody could see.
    Day only got decent when i got myself moved to pro group.
    I think too many people in wrong groups is the main issue. there was a guy in a maroon bmw who linked almost the whole track in inter novice and people in inter pro who consistantly span everylap.
    I can understand why open pit is not an option though.....would be carnage.

Dont know if this was a one off though as most people literally rave about Lydden Hill.

9. sam_e36

sam_e36 New Member

If you're on about me in a silver e36? I can prove that I wasn't on your bumper at all. You fucked up, then fucked up a correction instead of just going in the gravel, Me being on the brakes since seeing your first fuck up couldn't slow down enough to not hit you. Then you haven't even got the decency to come and check everyone's alright.

My gopro on the roof shows perfectly how you are in the wrong and we got unlucky. So don't start being a cunt.

10. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

And for everyone whinging about getting booted for 'drifting under a flag that hardly anyone could see', how did the other 15 or so drivers not get booted? Why was it only five of you?

11. insane 200

insane 200 Jonin Level Drifter

perhaps its because the last 6 people got pulled off for ignoring a flag therefore the flag could have possibly gone up after the 7th from last driver ..

12. eurospec

eurospec Member

I dont get why you didn't go past me when I pulled over out of chessons? I even indicated to let you and the car behind go past. I know it was my fault that I fucked up coming into devils elbow, im not dismissing that, from the distance you were behind me coming out of chessons I assumed you were right behind me coming into devils as well. If not then sorry.

13. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

Insane 200 I don't understand what you mean, but I think it was because the drivers weren't taking it seriously. Coincidentally, they were also the ones that caused problems throughout the rest of the day.

14. sam_e36

sam_e36 New Member

Due to your lights being dirty and where I was on the track I couldn't see your indicator at all, you can barely see it flashing on the gopro. I assumed you wanted a bit of space so I left 3-4 cars length before following.

15. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

brad and I (drift-street-imports cars) had an awesome day... even if he did squash me into the wall... swear that r34 is jinxed lol

16. luckyluke13

luckyluke13 Active Member

Was hoping to make it to this....glad I didn't by the sound of it

17. Fry

Fry Member

Overall, good day. Although in the morning and 1st session in the afternoon, the number of people spinning / yellow flags / red flags was ridiculous in the inter/pro group, there was way too many drivers that should have been in the lower groups IMO, so frustrating.
    The last 2 sessions in the dry were awesome though which made up for it in a way.

Good idea for being on flag watch also Lez!

18. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Same here. There seems to be the same few problems every time, and it seems to be getting worse each time too.

19. m11ler

m11ler Member

I know it sounds stupid but maybe something as simple as a name change for the groups that you choose to go in?

It seems people are going 'wtf i'm not going in a novice group i skid streeto well good and i linked the track at Norfolk once'. Mate you've never been here and you skid like shit COMPARED to the people who should be in the inters group etc..

Could it not simply be Group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And the expectations of each group to be clearly explained as they already are on the first page of this thread.

With my 50bhp mx5, i shouldn't feel like i'm getting held up by skylines and s body's because people have chosen the wrong group.

20. Chimp

Chimp Member

There were a lot of people in the wrong groups, people need to stop over estimating there ability. Lez did a great job. My group ran well. Sorry for the break down on the last session of Pro guys and sorry to Brad for those shit entries man. Hold my hands up to that. Car wasn't great but I don't think I held anyone up still. People need to stop blaming how badly run the day was, you only have yourselves to blame not the organisers. They didn't hold up sessions, the guys in the gravel did. Accidents happen. One if those things.