The Sergeant

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by SLAMbert, Feb 3, 2010.

1. SLAMbert

SLAMbert Member

Cheers dude!

BG's mate, one of the only brands i could get at the time. Done me well for over 4 years, no leaks and the threads are still good. Dampner adjustment is a little shady though.

I know Stav! Oh god how i know! I stood back after i done it and breathed a sigh of despair. Needs to be re done. Cheers though :p

2. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

Nice car, dodgy fucking owner.

Done the clutch yet ball bag. We got a skid day coming up dont you know

3. YingsEP

YingsEP Member

Lovely car this is!

4. SLAMbert

SLAMbert Member

Ah yeh the clutch...na im going to kill it on the 21st! Ill just use part worns instead of brand new tyres, be fine!

Got the springs and the walbro in though!
    You bought your coilovers yet? I havent seen a facebook update in a few hours!

5. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan dude. Shall chase you and do many rubbing on the 21st then ;) well so far I have bought 1 set. But may buy another set soon

6. SLAMbert

SLAMbert Member

So, the springs turned up for the fronts the other week...and they were sent straight back. I decided to go a little stiffer on the fronts and traded them for 800lb springs.

[​IMG]

Yes. yes i cleaned the coilover and greased the threads etc etc.

I then just basically had a lot of faffing around organizing tyres and stuff before Norfolk arena on the 21st. It was only until the last minute that my wheel spacer nut decided to round off while attached to the car, which resulted in quite a bit of smashing and swearing.

Anyway, i ramble. We went to Norfolk and as always had a awesome time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I seemed to make it my mission that day to hit every bollard in sight. I apologize to anyone that encountered them afterwards.

The stiffer springs felt fantastic, the rears could have done with being a little stiffer but they were so much better than before. The fronts felt awesome straight off, very minimal body roll compared with before.

Now im booked into the Norwolk weekender with a good group of mates, the only problem is its in 2 weeks, which gives me one weekend to fix the car. Mainly the starter motor, its dead and unfortunately the replacement i got is for a Soarer which has a different plug for the solenoid.

#86 SLAMbert, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. SLAMbert

SLAMbert Member

Been a few weeks since i played with this, but after the last drift day the starter motor was shot. So i changed it over for a used one that i bought, everything went well, she started up well so i got her out of the unit and gave her a clean.

My mate then took it for MOT where it flew through with a couple of advisories.

While it was parked up at my unit i got a sudden prang of guilt from not driving it as much as i should so decided to take it on a run for the weekend.

All was great, i fell in love with driving it again but then i went to start it and got the dreaded 'click' again!! I was fuming, so after a couple of minutes of smacking the starter it eventually started. Cut my weekend driving short as i didn't want to get caught out again so i took it back to the unit.

Before i did though i got some new pictures.

[​IMG]

Some poor sod getting a ticket in the background.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now im back to square one, to save face im gonna stump up and buy a new starter just so i never have to hit it again.

#87 SLAMbert, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  8. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

Must be National "Update your supra build thread" day today! Looking really good now bert. Hope it drives better on the new springs now.
    Iv'e linked this car to my forum so many times now when people ask me about MK3's It is that good!

9. Jamie_dub

Jamie_dub Member

got a lot of time for this wheels suite It so well