eBay advice

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by superclarkey, Jun 10, 2014.

1. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

I have had the last 9 items I've sold the buyers haven't paid, I can't get in touch with them and I can't even leave them negative feedback? I have over £1000 worth of unpaid items but eBay have taken the fees off me..

You wait 7 days to sell the item, 4 days min to open an unpaid case, then 7 days until eBay close it so for a total of 18 days.. When it happened twice on one item that's well over a month of sitting about waiting, its rediculous.

Is there anything I can do to stop this madness?! (Apart from stop using ebay)

I've requested instant payment on the buy it now stuff, but its the auctions I have problems with.

Any tips to help avoid shit like this constantly, I didn't know you couldn't leave negative as a seller so I always thought someone buying with 100% feed back was fine.

2. mattc

mattc Member

Log a case with ebay about the fees.

Also log a case with the buyer about non payment. This should help.

3. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Im afraid you cant do much about it, the waiting periods are scandalous.
    The only thing you can do is request instant payment as you said, other than that your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

4. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

You can set restrictions on who can bid but other than that no.

It seems to be the same where ever you are sell

5. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Depending on whether you list you're items as an Auction or Buy It Now, you can set it to take immediate payment..
    Iv found that the best way(for me) to sell stuff is to list it as a Buy It Now but 15-20% more than you'd actually take.. Then have a Best Offer attached.. If you set the Auto accept/decline and set it to take immediate payment, the buyer can not buy with out paying..
    Obviously auctions don't work like that..

6. superclarkey

Its stupid, and ebay walk off with my fees with no hurry to sort it out..

7. superclarkey

Think we should start a forum where we just show the addresses and names of those who don't pay and allow other people to send them presents in the post :p

8. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

I wish someone would start a different "ebay" and "paypal" so we don't get butt fucked everytime.

9. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

literally nothing you can do i'm afraid bud.

I did a live chat thing with them recently and kicked off and they immediately redeemed any and all fee's from previous non payed items.

Apart from that, you have to sit it out and wait! The joys of ebay!!!

10. dave325i

dave325i Member

You can restrict buyers. You can choose to restrict someone who has had 2 or more non paid items recorded on their account.

11. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

As un-prefect as it is, it's a 100 times better than trying to sell to dreamers on forums in my experience.

This.

12. essexmk1lad

essexmk1lad New Member

I agree the whole system is pretty scandalous! trouble is what other options do we have as sellers??

Im with stav on this one for all the aggro ebay is, I've had a much better experience than forums/ facebook. So I grin and bear it... my two cents

13. superclarkey

What I find equally annoying I put COLLECTION ONLY and then they win and say "so how much to post?" The reason I do collection only is so they can turn up, meet me, look at the item and pay.

The worst I was done over by eBay/PayPal I sold a lens Canon 50mm ƒ/1.2 which sold for £950 second hand, got my money, posted it out and it was so well packed it was unreal, the buyer said it didn't work, and was miss focusing, paypal instantly refunded his money of £950, and the bloke didn't send me the lens back, In the end i had to get in my car and drive 2 hours to the blokes house where I took my camera with me and tested the lens and guess what worked perfectly, what had happened was he put it onto a camera that didn't have cross-type focusing sensor for ƒ/1.2 so was repeatedly missing focus, even unto ƒ/4.. so basically he cost me 2 hours of my life, petrol and he had my lens for 2 weeks, scratched the lens and got dust in it somehow.. just because he didn't know what he was buying but eBay and paypal didn't want nothing to do with it.. and because there was no fault i couldn't claim on postage or anything like that..

Its such a risk selling on eBay I would sooner sell it to someone for less that comes and collects it from me in person.

eBay is fraud.

14. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

It's a joke.. I just got done, only for £8 this time.. Sold a new jz Cam Sensor Plug, sent it, matey started dispute 3 days after, paypal took my money.. I replied to the matey within 20mins and said it must have been lost in the post and I'd sent another right away. He must have got at least one of them.. Has he removed his claim? Has he fuck!!

What would be better than starting a new eBay & paypal, would be to start a new forum of people that are willing to go round and knock on doors... So if you get done over, post up address and someone close will go knock on the door.. :wack:
    Edit.. This probs isn't a good idea.. It'll end up with murders..

15. taz00mi

taz00mi Member

Paypals just as slow...

Isn't there a way to set up the auction so that only people with certain feedback scores can bid?

Either that, or remove bids by users with no feedback manually

16. superclarkey

How do you go about restricting bidders?

17. superclarkey

The last guy that let me down was a "drifter" and failed to collect an engine I was selling, 3 times he said he would collect.. Kynne Obrien his name if anyone knows him..

18. dave325i

dave325i Member

Its near the payment section of when you are creating the listing. As far as I remember.

19. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

send presents in the post if you have their address

with a little note