Lydden Hill 14th June, Read The Rules Before Booking!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 19, 2014.

1. mynameised

mynameised Member

Excellent day, sorry to organisers for the accidental manji down the back straight at the end of the day.

Did anyone get any pics of the black s13 with black wheels at the back ?

2. 328BM

328BM New Member

I agree, many people on the gravelly level. There was about 10 saxos/fiestas/shit cars and a large truck taking up pretty much a whole section. Not exactly fair on the people who have paid £120 to do a drift day and had to change wheels/work on their cars on gravel and unlevel ground

3. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Yer i dont know what happened to it someone said it died & when i went to look at it it was working fine, ill look into getting another one.
    Agreed, no idea whose cars the where, they were there when i arrived in the morning

4. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

I know who it was and it was nothing short of what I was expecting from them. They're dickheads.

5. LouisUK

LouisUK Member

Spectated yesterday, some good drifting. Does anyone have a build thread for the E36 touring which had a 2jz?

6. 328BM

328BM New Member

Think there should be a drivers cars only type thing in the paddock area, would save much room and would mean that no one would be on the gravel.

7. Magic_Performance

Thank you Lez , it was pretty temperamental through the day and I struggled to pump my tires ..... for its benefit it does not have an easy life with approx 100 cars and 8 sessions going high pressures every event

8. oxam

oxam Member

another great one Lez, possibly the best one so far with the most seat time. the driving standard was very high with far less people ending in the gravel. big ups to the marshalls as well for cutting the lunch break....and big boooo to the guys with a pug and a micra parking in front of the tyre guy and blocking the access...WTF??

9. Carlito

Carlito New Member

Only our second trip down to Lydden and we had an absolute blast!..got to grips with the layout this time and the weather conditions were perfect..agree about the pits being blocked up by cars which could have been parked on the tier parking area..hopefully someone will see sense and change it to allow paid up drivers and cars only in the pit area.

Thanks to the organisers for a great day.

10. icebluesmx5

icebluesmx5 Member

Great day on Saturday, think it's time to upgrade the mx5.

11. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Good one Lez and a Big Thanks to marshalls and staff, they worked hard and sacrificed thier breaks to allow us to all get our sessions.

Also, a quick one on tyre compressors, think everyone should grab the mini plug in ones from Euro car parts for about £15 will save you loads of bother.

Big ass truck should have been told to shift with his groupies, loads of valuable space taken up by them, and would have saved me and 3 other mates having to jack up on sloped ground and gravell etc.

Greatday in all and def looking forward to the next one

12. Magic_Performance

£15 12V tyres compressor will not last you very long plus takes ages to pump, had few they are better then nothing but waste of time long term , sure every drifter should have one but a drift event of lydden's rank should have one imo , dont think I m asking for too much here am I? .... a tyre compressor available to drivers on a large drift event ...... makes sense no?

13. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

Five driver's entries would pay for a shit hot compressor at a guess. There must be at least 90 drivers each event..

14. Carlito

Carlito New Member

Re the parking situation...as per these rules..they should be enforced??

8.2 Only drift cars and 1 support vehicle per drift car are permitted in the lower paddock
    8.3 All other vehicles MUST be parked in the upper gravel car park

15. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Yehp agree with you about the tiny shitty compressors, they are useless, but im talking about ones which are a little larger and with a bit more poke, like this one below:

Ring RAC610 12v Emergency Mini Air Compressor

Ive had one like this in the past and lasted 2.5 yrs and i have a similar one now which ive had for 3+ years and always check my pressures, never let me down and saved my bacon on many occasions, and brings efficiency to the whole affair of tyre inflators at Lydden, which should have them as a matter of course for an International Circuit (as per their website), but if everyone had their own lil inflator then it be easier for that individual etc...

Agree with Carlito maiin! Rules are Rules eh

Looking forward to the next one.... : )

Any news on Open Pitlane Style at the Next Lydden???

#55 Silver2, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  16. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

The one you linked is the one he has and it's lasted 2 months maybe 3. I agree its wise to have one for emergencys but its time consuming and they don't last if you have to put your pressures to 50psi

A 50l compressor with a cut off would be ideal, the other one was getting hot and not able to cope with demand

Overall it was a good weekend, I was a bit disappointed with the speed down into devils elbow in the pro group but I think I just expected too much

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

We have air if people are desperate next time we don't mind the odd couple of people coming over to use it just as long as people don't take the piss and remember we need it to change own own tyers as we run spastic psi.

18. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

The compressor is mine & came out of my pocket so to replace it will come out of my pocket not the entry fees, i will get on top of it though. It would be helpful if people had turned it off as it got hot n cooked.

re open pit, i doubt its gonna happen all the time we are having noise complaints, the staff at lydden are fighting hard just to keep drifting at lydden at the moment

19. Magic_Performance

Thanks Lez , much appreciated dude. Bad news about all that noise complaints.

20. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Noise seems to be a problem at many locations that hold drifting, and to be honest its not really fair, people who live local to a racetrack should expect that, and its not as if theres night drifting going on, its on 9am to 6pm a few times a month!

Are thre any plans to erect further trees along that section of the straight, obviously not on track but off it, as its a bit open along that section, and planting the correct type off tree will reduce noise travelling

http://www.hellistreeconsultants.co..._use_of_trees_and_shrubs_to_reduce_noise.html

#60 Silver2, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014