DWYB - JULY 2nd '14 - Photo's and Thank you's

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Roughsmoke, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Hi Everyone, great day on Wednesday 2nd July. Plenty of smoke, great turn out...

Photo's and such for you below, free to use, please keep watermark intact and a shout-out for Roughsmoke if you happen to post on your FB/social media platforms is always appreciated !

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Support your local Blackett team who were also on hand, and visit their posts to get any extra photos of the day!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ A great number of peeps for the day, one of the biggest I've seen at DWYB, that's community right there!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Drivers made their prep, and got ready to roll out to burn some rubber!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Not before taking the opportunity to grab a snap of the ladies sporting some A-Bo-Moon & Bad Quality shirts!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Mr BMW here was hard, but I've a feeling that bumper looks loose....

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Ahhh, yes it was, let's get rid of that shall we. Upon returning to the pits, he was in a jolly mood and aloud with the words of: ''You just have to go f*****g hard, or go home..''

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Go hard it is then and he continued to burn it up!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Going hard was the BMW theme for the day as above. I have to say you guys are getting braver each time DWYB comes around, and starting to ''PON-PON'', a term we use back in Japan for tapping.. Although I'm not sure the cone you sandwiched was best pleased!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Going hard can be tricky though. The lovely Tia above was having a great day until a unfortunate knock at the top blocks. I hope you're okay hun, and that the '14 gets back out there as soon as possible!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ That area was not the first time I'd seen it take a victim as the above Corolla had been there, this is probably my favourite DWYB car, despite being a Silvia fan at heart. I was so glad to see repairs had been made and it was back out there!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Flat out with smiles all round - 'Riding to the beat' is a phrase I use for Roughsmoke and it just does that!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Talking of Silvia's, Evan had been running hard in the morning but was sorry to hear he had turbo trouble later in the day so couldn't get out there as much as he wanted. I was sure to grab some shots though!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Good car, sounded great, hope you are also back out there soon mate!

[​IMG]
    ^^^ Last shot of this one for the moment..

Some other shots of the day below. I was practising and trying some new set-ups with my camera before Driftwired back @ Nikko in August, so I hope you can excuse the quality. Really good to see you all had a great day and was even better to see the improvements people have made.

You're all a credit to the community and long may it continue.

Feel free to check out roughsmoke.com and also like the FB to keep up with bits and bobs I'm up to.

Peace out all :)

Les.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

more more

- - - Updated - - -

more more

2. Lex

Lex www.dwyb.co.uk

Awesome pics and write up - really captured the day well

the KE70 is so much fun - docile until 5k then goes mental

Im a jdm bummer and R32 fan so need a A-Bo-Moon tshirt in my life :D

Where in japan do you hang out ?

Just checked out your blog its super slick - love the SH workshop coverage what a superb day that was

3. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Hi Lex, was a cool day, great group of peeps !

Still got a few A-Bo tees available through the site so feel free to pick one up! Although I can't help but think you need a tee along the lines of ''No wristband - No Likey''... or we could just run with ''Don't be a twat'' lol.

Thanks, I'm working on the site when and where time allows. More goodies will be added, and I do tomodachi stickers print and custom tee designs if anyone ever needs anything.
    In terms of Japan, I'm flying back first week of August, Yoshida-san from SB Corporation is hosting a new event called 'Driftwired' and has roped in Mr Samurai - Imamura-san to help judge, all going on @ Nikko. Shooting his S14 the night before.

Few days staying with N-style, then it's a long ass drive down to Nara, and kansai-all-stars @ meihan the following Sunday. Various other stops and projects etc on days before and after.. Hectic, not enough time, but really enjoyable.

Yeah I've seen you out when you get a chance in the '32. It's good to see numbers getting better at DWYB, and people really help each other out, everyone hoping Tia was alright, people helping change tires etc in the pits, that's what its all about :)

Might get back for another DWYB late in the year but not sure yet.. see how the calendar works out :)

4. Tony N

Tony N Member

Great pics mate!

5. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Thanks Tony! Sorry they weren't better, always fun to try some new settings, hopefully will do better next time I'm home and get the chance to get to DWYB.

6. Tony N

Tony N Member

Nah man they're spot on! Do you have that last one in colour? Although my patchwork paint job always looks better in b&w!

7. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Not per say Tony, but using some alteration on the computer I can post the below if this helps...

#patchpaintjobftw

[​IMG]1dw41

8. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

9. Tony4

Tony4 Member

Awesome photos, great write up!!

10. Tony4

Tony4 Member

Lex, it's an old car and it doesn't need power steering. Just drive with muscles :)

11. Tony N

Tony N Member

Yes! That looks awesome! Really like the contrast of the colour of the smoke to the car, cheers mate!

12. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Great pics, anymore of my noisey black V8 e34 ?

13. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Good job on the pics, they look great.

Any chance you have any of my car, Grey e36 with red wheels etc, im in the bakground of pic '1dw11labylaRoughsmoke' ?

14. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Hey Silver..

Had two minutes spare, I found the below if that's the one. Sorry it's not the best, as above test settings etc.. Feel free to use though if any good..

[​IMG]1dw42

@Wacko, not that saw I'm afraid, I did take a load, but delete as I go sometimes. Settings don't work/out of focus/etc etc.. Sorry bro.

#15 Roughsmoke, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  15. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

Have you get any photos of me s14a no plate ending PTW

16. hpidrift

hpidrift Active Member

Cool Photos, Dont suppose you have any of the Red rocket bunny s13? only did a handful of laps in the afternoon mind!

17. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Thats the one, cheers dude, I dont have many pics of me drifting so thanks for that, I like it

18. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Hi mate, we spoke on the day and it was good to chat, and your car is awesome dude, all the best with the next round!

19. SECDrift

SECDrift dwyb marshall

any of my r32 4 door :)