s14 Navan street car

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. deadnmetal

deadnmetal Member

Pretty sure I saw you and some hudson in Clanfield on Friday evening.
    Both car look and sound awesome.
    How you two deal with the cobble stone bits I'll never know.

#561 deadnmetal, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks! :)

Ah awesome, that's what I like to hear! Thanks buddy

Haha, thanks! :D

Thanks bud :)

;) Cheers man

I'm not sure that was me & Hudson? I haven't driven my car in a couple weeks now, so unsure if that was me or not? But Clanfield isn't far from where we both live :)

3. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Great thread and an awesome car man ! I got out of drifting about a year and a half ago because I was always to busy to work on my car and ended up having problems at drift days pretty much every time ! Reading this has Realy given me the bug again . On the lookout for another 14 now ;) . Keep it up !

4. deadnmetal

deadnmetal Member

It was a s14 on gold wheels following a ps13 with blue front wings.

5. townsend94

townsend94 New Member

Such a nice car mate! May I ask was splitter you have on your car? I know it's a navan front bumper but I haven't seen that splitter before?

6. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

It's an integra type r lip dc2 I believe

7. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Yup, that sounds like me for sure. The ps13 with the blue front wings is Hudson :)

Thanks dude! Yep, as below, its a Honda Integra ITR DC2 lip.

Indeed ;)

8. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

9. mint

mint touch my fruit

Whoever she is.. she's in the wrong ride ;) lol.

Love the 14 man. Coming to finalboss?

10. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

LOL you bunch of pervs!

She's Cole's girlfriend. I'm sure he won't mind me saying that she's pretty tidy indeed.

Yep, Finalboss Driftland weekender in a week's time!! I'll be there man. Major excited for it!

11. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Haha everyone's thinking that, now it's been brought to people's attention :p

12. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

I had to raise the question daze. It would be unlike me if I didn't:wack:

13. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Seems like ages since I updated this last, so here's an update and a half!

Went to Driftland x Finalboss Matsuri weekender. WOW, what a weekend!!! Everyones driving was amazing, all the cars looked awesome, and everyone was a great laugh. Exactly what drifting is all about - having fun with mates.

Over the past month or so, I've finally got myself a tow car & trailer licence, so no longer am I driving to & from events. This is something that I've wanted for such a long time, and its a massive relief to be able to smash the car about on track and know that I can 100% get home worst-case. Plus, I can take more tools/spares & tyres with me!

With that said, car was loaded up on a hire trailer and ready to go on Thursday. We left 8pm Thursday night.

[​IMG]

Got to Driftland at around 11am Friday morning and had the chance to chill out, unload the car and and check over everything. Had a shower and headed out to a Nando's with almost everyone that was going to the event! We took over the whole restaurant, lol.

Saturday arrived, I slept well, and got into the swing of things straight away. My first run out and I unintentionally ended up on Ali's door! Didn't even have the GoPro running as I always assume my first few sessions of any drift day are usually rubbish!

[​IMG]

Got more & more into it, was absolutely LOVING Driftland. Such a sick place to drive, by far the most fun I've had drifting since I've been drifting. I thought the track was going to be quite small, but its surprising. You can get some decent speed going clockwise (which I preferred), and have the ability to throw the car in big. So much fun

[​IMG]

Started to have a play with backwards entries! Not sure if I actually managed to do an entry over 90*, but was so much fun to practice. Over and over again as well, the whole weekend!

[​IMG]

On the Sunday they reversed the track, which I didn't like all that much. I felt I didn't have the space/power to build up enough speed to nail the big right hander properly. However, a touch of rain and it was easy. Did a couple sessions chasing my man Adam in his e36, was right on his door for several laps!

[​IMG]

Few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, absolutely amazing. Literally, can't even put into words how good this weekend has been. As always, I have an incar video of the fun. Its 14min long, which I apologise in advance for how long it is, but I think its worth the watch all the way through.

The car was flawless, so stoked with it. It drives SO good as well, steering is mega. Only thing that I found that went wrong is my wipers & washers stopped working!? Not sure why, but I suspect front arch loom again!

Absolutely amazing event. I hope Finalboss & Driftland organise the same event for 2015, in which case I will book up as soon as the tickets are available. Spot on!

14. mint

mint touch my fruit

Was nice to meet you briefly at the weekend Daze. Loved seeing your car and those wheels in the flesh :p Your drifting was spot on all weekend aswell man, hope to see you back again! :) :)

15. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks dude, and you!! Was cool to see your crew in action all weekend, looked rad. Man, Driftland is so good lol!

---

Found that my car drives a bit "funny" since Driftland. I've double checked over absolutely everything and I can't find anything majorly wrong, so I suspect & hope its just the alignment, perhaps been knocked off just a small amount. Perhaps an arm or 2 has worked itself loose? Not sure, but booked for alignment on Saturday.

Something that I've known about for a while now on my car which I needed to fix up is my CS2 rear coilover bottom cup bushes. Driftworks supplied me with replacements poly items a while ago, but I've yet to have the time to replace. Yesterday I did.

Old bushes looking very tired!
    [​IMG]

Burnt them out, same technique as subframe bushes
    [​IMG]

But, as per instructions, not to remove the metal collar
    [​IMG]

And done
    [​IMG]

Refitted to the car, should make a lot of difference. Here's a video on Instagram of before/after, lol!

Instagram

Other than that, all good, I hope. Alignment Saturday. Need to wash & clean the damn car too, its absolutely disgusting at the moment lol.

16. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

LOL I love the little warning sticker at the bottom about fire and the fact it might explode #nofucksgiven haha

17. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Haha yeah, obviously that's because of the gas filled shock part. I left the actual shock on the car, just wound off the bottom cup to burn the bush :)

18. t2901

t2901 Member

nice s14 mate

19. Jites

Jites Active Member

had to do the same to my HSD's after a very short time. Seems like those rubber bushes aren't the best, I've had the polly ones in for a few years now and they are still in good condition also thought they made the rear feel a bit tighter

20. Rens_R32

Rens_R32 New Member

I like that car.
    Nice job!!!

The rear fenders fixed in Japan with fiberglass looks familiar to me... lol.
    Typical japanese "restoration"

#580 Rens_R32, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014