Little bit of jap into my BMW drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by M3 Tim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Only a few days now till Gymkhana Grid France, driveshafts arnt seized thank god and are actualy m3 Evo ones.
    Fitted new bushes today had them in the freezer makes them easier to fit

[​IMG]

Then fitted new adjustable arms will pillowball bushed arms and set them up.

[​IMG]

#101 M3 Tim, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Glanza-life

Glanza-life New Member

looking good mate.

3. Benyupeng

Benyupeng New Member

great build!

4. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Cheers I'll update the thread on Gymkhana France, the little Beemer kicked arse.

[​IMG]

5. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So Gymkhana round one took a bit of atoll on the car,snapped a front diff bolt.i think down to shagged bushes,so full rebuild before round two at the nurburgh next month

[​IMG]

6. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

7. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

8. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

9. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

So less than four weeks till round two at the nurburghring I've started to strip the new subframe of the old bushes.

[​IMG]

I was dreading this job but with a drill,chisel,hammer and a bit of fire it only took 30 min.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna call in at the powdercoaters and see if they can get it done quickly as I'm off on hols next Friday and I want the car stripped and built back up before I go,couple of late nights ahead.

10. YoDK

YoDK New Member

F**king awesome bm Tim, good luck at burg

11. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Competed at Fbs santapod this wkd new the car needed work so bodied a new rear wheel bearing in and off I went,the car was horrendous I
    The rear end felt awful,still qualified top 16 and got 5th fastest time of the day and that's up against the three awd impreazas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So with gymkhana grid round two Germany this wkd the rear end rebuild is happening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I break beemers so I've seen a few subframe a and two off the bushes fell out of the old subframe the old tin rot was quite bad so I've another one. Also the it's eat another prop donught I've got a spare but early need a poly one.

Times ticking till wkd can't wait to get it back together and have it all alighned.

#111 M3 Tim, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  12. Hazzles

Hazzles Member

I saw this on the back of a truck the other day - M1 southbound I think? Love it, I wish I kept my e36 long enough to make it look and perform like this.

13. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

It would of been Saturday I was on my way to the pod.

14. bear.

bear. Member

Awesome build ! Really wish I had the skills to build my 36 into something like this !!

15. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Ploughed on today in between paperwork and answering the phone.

Wire brushed with the grinder any rust back to metal at the mounting points and treated them with a special epoxy resin to stop rust coming back.the fitted the subframe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went to put the diff in and checked the bolt in the new ally insert and it was 14mm should of been 12mm gutted.contacted the company they said it had always been 14mm after pointing out that I break them and had 5 subframes in front of my all 12mm there making me a new one and sending it out tonight first class.so I put it all back together apart from the insert for the front diff mount which won't take two min.

[​IMG]

Bit gutted I never had enough time to have all the parts powdercoated.
    Also sorted my wheels and tyres for the wkd out

[​IMG]

Gave the m3 rims a 60sec refurb

[​IMG]

And fitted some new alpin 3 snow tyres which I'm hoping will give me epic grip.

[​IMG]

16. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Off to Madrid for the gymkhana finals gonna be in the pits with Ken block so should be a goo wkd,so the cars been doing really well but at 220 bhp there's no room for any mistakes as all the rest have 300-400-500 bhp.
    I was never happy with the poly bushes so for madrid I'm going solid

[​IMG]

I'm gonna need to strip the diff and defo take a spare i case the new so.id setup is too much. Also gone all out on the tyres federal rsr 595 for uber grip then ive got winter tyres and road tyres from drift rubber .com

[​IMG]

Gonna be an epic week in Spain racing the best gymkhana drivers in Europe but the little Beemer holds its own everytime and consistently gets asked what's your M3 running everytime it competes.
    If anybody's interested in the car it's up for sale in a couple of weeks as I move over into awd gymkhana in a Scooby Type r

[​IMG]

17. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

Well plans have changed 2015 is looking sweet.ordered a gt splitter got a gt spoiler and also ordered the risers for it,got some dtm mirrors and m3 side skirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is the over fenders and having some 18's that I've got refurbed and the Beemer is going off to be wrapped

[​IMG]

Can't decide if to turbo or supercharge yet,got 3 weeks to get the outside looking sweet as its on the gymkhana stand at autosport at the start of jam.

18. AaronTRL

AaronTRL New Member

Awesome build..

Also, awesome work yourself.. Being new to drifting at the start of this to now competing in high level events and holding your own!

Well done dude!

19. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

Supercharge it man. Be different :)

20. James.

James. Member

Awesome build thread! I was looking at the polybush rear subframe kit as mine could do with being done, but you don't rate it? Where did you find a complete solid mount kit?