Drift matsuri anglesey

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Nutter, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Nutter

Nutter Member

So who went, pics, vids available, did the sin bin work?

Personally good day as always at Anglesey,the track itself is pretty decent and a lot of fun was had.

The bad.....

The circuit team who run the track are cunts! To put it politely. The whole sin bin situation was a joke! For me the event should be moved to a more drift friendly circuit.....

Discuss....

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

I seen alot of cool cars where heading over. Whats the deal with the sin bin tho? Sin bin for doing what?

3. Jites

Jites Active Member

think you get a half hour ban if you come off track during drifting. Fucking joke.

4. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Im not quite sure what youre saying? I drifted pretty solidly for two days and didnt go in the sin bin, had the odd little off and rejoined the track slowly and carried on.

You have to understand how hard it is to keep these venues open to us, the years and years and years organisers have struggled to allow us onto venues, and if it means trying to stay off the grass, not speeding in the pits and obeying flags then we should try to do it. I would go back and pick up litter, lay down turf, level off ruts, whatever it takes to keep Anglsey open to drifting as its the best circuit in the UK in my opinion. And it needs to stay open. No big circuit is friendly towards drifting, its that simple.

The marshalls were brilliant, friendly, enthusastic and seemed to be enjoying our driving and were happy to send us out in our group time after time for team drifting, and the event was run brilliantly. I had no negative things to say about it.

2014 Anglesey Matsuri was probably the best drift event ive ever been to in the 13-14 years ive been doing it.

5. shanes14

shanes14 New Member

Came over from ireland me and 2 other jzx100, just drifted the saturday had lots of fun , and thought it was ran brilliant ,

6. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

Best Drift Event Ever :). Marshalls were friendly and had a lot of bannter with them. Sin Bin worked well i think if you listened at the briefing and obeyed the rules everything was ok. I went out in grass once got a working 3 laps latter went out again my hand brake broke (not an excuse) was told too go to sin bin for 20 mins fair enough. The venue has rules and we have to obey them if we want to keep it open to us. I hope the night fight didnt ruin to much the grass as from the dirt drop big pits were dug out in the grass.

Thanks to the organisers and the venue for having us great event. Seat time on Sunday was amazing we kept going and going till your tyres went. And some amazing driving on the big track.

7. Nutter

Nutter Member

Sorry but I disagree, some of the marshals were friendly in fact I can only say I spoke to one who was friendly who was saying go have fun etc. the old guy at the start finish line of the club circuit was just a cunt with me.

Got sin bin first time round for nothing, I had a mate with me who'll say I didn't touch the grass, nothing came off my car, didn't hit anyone or anything, in fact my mate said it was the best lap I'd done!

Second time yes I licked the grass going up the corkscrew which I can accept but I'd seen worse than that and others weren't being kicked off, lap after lap some were dirt dropping massively didn't see there car in the sin bin.......

Obviously tracks aren't particularly happy with drifting but there were no standard rule across the board.

As you say if they had of said that all drivers must stay at the end to fill the pot holes I would have been more than happy to do so.

I can see already that I'm never gonna win this arguement but it's my opinion of the day, the seat time was good, the way they sent us out in multiples I enjoyed but the sin bin ruined it for me.

8. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Birmingham Wheels is very drift friendly...

I had an awesome time. I used to love Mallory (back in the day) and I think having a weekend event rather than a practice day makes it even better. I nearly got put in the sin bin, a case of mistaken identity and was driving away quietly when the marshall ran over and said wrong car, sorry mate. Went for a cup of tea to chill out for a bit anyway. :) Was incredible out on the big track chasing Emil and being chased! Good times...

Totally agree with Paz ;)

Ian. :)

9. Jamie1st

Jamie1st Member

Top weekend, top driving, top cars!

Went off track once with all four wheels after a tyre blew on an entry, no one
    Said anything to me, I think it was more for those who went off the track lap after lap and it was only about 15/20mins sin bin.

10. m11ler

m11ler Member

Unfortunately i wasn't able to drive the circuit due to car troubles, but i went down with friends as a spectator and took some photos.
    From speaking to my mates, and other people in the pits, people were pretty easy going about the sin bin approach.
    They were only ever 15/20 minutes at a time, and with a pretty much infinite amount of seat time, most people just used it as an excuse to grab a burger or something.

From what i gathered as a spectator, they were only red carding the people who were missing flags, driving maybe a bit too carelessly or really going for it with the dirt drops.
    They seemed fairly understanding to newer drifters who are obviously going to make some mistakes, and the occasional dirt drop went unnoticed.

Gutted the car wasn't sorted this year but i look forward to next year.

11. Gregd125

Gregd125 Member

I was one of the three JZX100's over from Ireland and had and amazing days drifting on Saturday. Had some mega spins and went into the grass a couple of times and never got put in the sin bin.

I found the marshalls to be sound and out for a laugh like the rest of us. One even cable tied my bumper back on for me after I knocked it off. You wouldn't get that treatment in Mondello park.

12. djinuk

djinuk Member

Amazing place, , awesome Marshalls, great organisation and i loved every minute. I got the sin bin once, did about 10 perfectly fine laps, followed by 2 terrible ones seeing me on the grass on 2 consecutive occasions, 20 min sin bin , pleasantly given, no Hitler spec grilling, parked up in pits, gave the car a cool down, went back out. Had some fun trying diffrent types of entries on the hair pin towards the end of the day as it was completely dead. Will be at the next one with out fail!!!

13. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

I skidded both days, had loads of seat time, marshals were spot on! Drifting with my mates was ace! Really relaxed I thought, had some offs being a spastic but never got sin binned even when sometimes thought might.

Watching the practice was the best bit especially the low brain v8 noise machine :) Was a fraction of what I imagine gatebil is like lol.

14. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

I got sin binned for spinning a couple of laps in a row, which was fair enough. Its not a practise day after all :)

15. chidley

chidley i like fingers

i got sin binned for an entire day after spinning on the grass. into armco. damn armco really had it in for me! oh well, theres always next year.

16. mattc

mattc Member

Awesome event and great driving all round on the whole.

Everyone I spoke to over the weekend who did end up in the dreaded sin bin, was more than happy about it. Its a perfect idea as well gives the offernder time to chill and gather themselves.

As already said marshalls where great and a good laugh, jesus if I had to stand on track all day in that wind I think i would have ripped someones head clean off. I say fair play to them.

Top weekend bring on next year

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

I understand they have to protect their grass, but this is a race track. Not a garden center or a nature reserve..

18. Jites

Jites Active Member

chidley's experience is what I remember hearing from last year which sounds extreme if he had an off but the feedback from this year seems fair.

Hopefully Ill make it next year

19. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

I think he meant he wrote off his car, not that he was told off for it :)

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

OH! That makes more sense.. an entire day of being in the sin bin for one off seemed a little drastic :D Now that I think .. I did see that silvia :/ Sorry to see that happen Chidley dude.