DWYB - Drift Practice Days at Santa Pod - 2014 dates and Info

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lex, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Danno

Danno Member

Ditto.

2. Milton

Milton Member

Yesturday was awsome !!!

took me few runs in the pens o get used to be sideways again , and then i ventured out onto top track, was a big step from the pens/kidney to top track. first run wasnt very good as i only had 50 psi in the rears as that was fine in pens, next runs was at 70 and i was starting to link the last 3 bends together. cant wait for the next one, just need to be more comited.

3. LuneTNS

LuneTNS New Member

Agree with Milton. That was an absolute blast. I am still buzzing from it today. Amazing that despite the odds against it, it managed to hold off from raining all day.

4. Milton

Milton Member

Up till 4:15 anyway . was a good day conditions wise, damp in the morning then dried nicely throughout the day.

I cant wait to see Blacketts' photos of me on top track !.

CD is at home and i cant find it :'(

5. LuneTNS

LuneTNS New Member

6. Faniel321

Faniel321 Member

7. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

I don't post my pics on my website, PM me what car you have, plus top track/pens info for details. :)

8. _robbo

_robbo Member

PM'd :) We were in kidney and pens, mainly stayed in the pens so we didn't have to queue as much haha

9. leonard_e36

leonard_e36 Member

Just booked both days in November, it will be my first drift days and i have few questions:
    Will Mint tyres or someone else have some tyres for sale on the location? I have like 3 or 4 sets so far but i don't know where to get more at decent prices. And by the way , how much is a decent price per "drift tyre" ?
    I'm asking about Mint tyres because i saw they are coming at Birmingham wheels as well and they are practicing different prices for changing and disposal of wheels and also supply worn tyres at 2.5 pounds each on the day.

10. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

from memory the prices are,2.50 per skid tyre, £5 per rim change and £2 disposal at santa pod.

11. leonard_e36

leonard_e36 Member

Good price , but the question is , can i buy some tyres on site?
    And another thing , i know that is not compulsory to have a crash helmet and race suit , but can anyone tell me where is a good place to buy these?

12. steviechaplin

steviechaplin Member

Yes you can buy on site but only have a limited amount! Grandprix racewear is a good site if they are still running if not you got demon tweeks

13. leonard_e36

leonard_e36 Member

Thanks for info mate, i will bring as many tyres as i can , but good to know that they got something with them in case of emergency :p
    as for the race wear i would prefer to try it before buying.... any shops around NW London?

14. Milton

Milton Member

November 26th see you there !!!

15. Mint Tyres

Mint Tyres Member

The pricing is almost right, tyres are free if your having them fitted by Mint Tyres. If your taking them away then they are £2.50 per tyre. Changing is £5 per tyre and disposal is £1 per tyre. Tyre are 'limited' due to a couple of factors:
    1. I can only carry so many due to weight issues with van/trailer (140 tyres max).
    2. Available stock, if I haven't got it in stock I can't bring it. Especially when there are back to back events like this coming weekend. Birmingham Wheels on Sunday will be limited as to what I have left after Saturdays show at Santa Pod for example!!

If you don't ask me about certain sizes prior to an event please do not complain when there are none available on the day! :thumbs:

Hope this helps!
    Steve.

16. stu92

stu92 Member

Do you have many standardish sizes on the day? Like 205-225/55/16?

17. Mint Tyres

Mint Tyres Member

205/215-55-16 is the most commonly available tyre so I have over 100 in stock at any one time (80 on site at pod atm)

18. Milton

Milton Member

Hi steve, any chance of bringing some 195/50/15's to the 26th november or shoul i pm you closer to the time

19. Mint Tyres

Mint Tyres Member

I'll put in my reminders but pm me closer to the time anyway as a gentle reminder :)

20. sukhy96

sukhy96 Member

@ Mint Tyres, I will be running my XD9s allround when drifting at pod on the 12th Nov, any chance when changing the tyres that you don't scratch the lips of the wheels ? otherwise ill just take a crap pair I have spare to use on the rears... Thanks