Drift car meet?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by hannnfee, Dec 30, 2014.

1. hannnfee

hannnfee New Member

Maybe this is a stupid question but was wondering do you guys ever do a static car meet i.e. an evening at ace cafe or something along those lines.

Asad

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Not really, because it's exactly the sort of thing that attracts utter bellends.
    The place gets full of wankers in FWD shitters thrashing them around everywhere and causing problems.

Ace Cafe has plenty of other decent nights on tho.

3. hannnfee

hannnfee New Member

I suppose, i mean its what you make of it. I tend to head down for the VAG & BMW night, there usually pretty tame. Wicked environment to learn about the 'scene' and all the upcoming events.

Guess it's back to good old google searching lol

4. Drift/Spec

Drift/Spec New Member

The amount of broken cars at most drift days could almost qualify them as static meetings.

5. B3AM3R

B3AM3R Member

basically it's not about the cars, it's about the sensation of drifting. So why bring dented cars together and do nothing interesting? There's nothing beautiful to see at most cars anyways. They are workers, no modells.

your welcome at any other tuning meet as well, if you just want some talk about nice looking cars.

I usually do something useful with my friends. Repair our cars together, kart driving etc.
    If you want to meet Drifters with their cars go to an track, there is a static meet.

6. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

If you wanna meet like minded people go to a drift practice day. King of the Ring at Essex arena (Sats), or an Arena Practice day (Weds) are quite local to London. Then there's Lydden Hill days down in Kent and DWYB at Santa Pod.

Google is your friend:

Let me google that for you

Ian. :)

7. erixtar1992

erixtar1992 Member

there was a big 'driftworks' meet on 2 nights ago at beaconsfield services.. was a good evening tbh. not sure when the next one will be

8. hannnfee

hannnfee New Member

Blackett - see i wouldn't have known about King of the ring unless i asked lol

B3AM3R - Its more about the mods and people, cars are nothing without the people who drive em! i'm sure there's a few daily drifters out there who use there cars for work and fun. In all honesty it really help me build my mk2 golf, so i do see a point to it.

Think im gonna get myself down to a few more practice sessions and see how it goes, cheers lads!!

9. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

I'm not criticising you asking a question, I'm giving you info and showing you how to find more info. Saves asking so many questions on here. There is loads of info out there already written, so saves you time waiting for replies. :)

10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Most 'drifters' that turn up to meets/cruises/whatever can't drift for shit and are just self proclaimed drifters anyhow, wannabee dreamers anyhow who can skid half a roundabout or an open carpark but get sucked off by all the other wallys at the meets as none of them have been near a track in their lives so don't know any different.

Sounds like you wanna be part of a scene, a lifestyle, rather than to actually drift. Wanna be friends with the cool kids who drift.

Don't bother, we're all cunts.

Drifting is fun though, do that.

#10 Stavros, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  11. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Especially this man ^^

But he's a useful cunt with useful information...such as the fact that he is a cunt.....

The only meets I've ever attended were sxoc meets a while back just to sit and talk about how much are sbodys are rusting away.

These bollocks meets you see on TV are full of fucking retards talking shit, generally they have "lalalalalalala " cars that are shite looking and fucking slower than a paraplegic dog...

12. hannnfee

hannnfee New Member

it's appreciated mate, did some research on the events you mentioned, will be looking to get some seat time at each one over the next year. I went to Lydden Hill in decemeber was awesome, think RWYB will be next.

lool bunch of cunts haha, man i'm just tryna play catch up, dont want to waste my time with bad habits, aim is to learn the right techniques then go off and practice.

13. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The wasting your time part would be trying to learn the right techniques by talking to people at meets, in fact that's the best way to learn bad habits, as most will be all "Yeah, pull the handbrake and do a 1JZ conversion".

IMO, and I've been in this 'scene' for a long long time, the only way to learn to drift, is to try and drift.

14. B3AM3R

B3AM3R Member

That's exactly the pile of crap @r3k1355 was talking about.
    If you want to build a golf go ahead. But that is not the way to learn drifting. You would learn more by playing Xbox tbh.
    It's like you want to know from someone how to bang a girl. You have to find out on your own.
    What advice you'd like to hear? Countersteer? You need a locked rear axle?
    If you want Drift Theory, watch the Drift Bible on YouTube, nobody can give you more advice than that.
    Sure, enough people have Daily Drifters, so do I. But there is still nothing to see. :p

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

And you could watch drift bible 500 times and you'll still not be able to do shit all.

You'll learn more in the first 30min at a proper drift day than you will speaking to 1000 people at meets and watching drift bible every night until you know it word for word.

16. hannnfee

hannnfee New Member

Fair plays, prob just do that and see how it goes.

17. miffy

miffy Member

Any one that actually drifts can't get to said meets cause there's cars either broke or getting repaired from driving it properly

18. Matt540

Matt540 Member

who ever said they were going to a meet to learn how to drift?

the guy asked about STATIC car meets.

yes they do happen, are normally really good and a great opportunity to see cool cars and chat to like minded people.

no need to get on your high horse and accuse everyone of being chav lifestylers that do donuts in mcdonalds carpark.

unfortunately we can't all be on track 24/7 and being sociable at meets is better than being keyboard warriors

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Err, the OP did, hence my reply.

Here you go-

Hope this helps.

20. Matt540

Matt540 Member

The OP was asking about seeing some more of the "scene" and upcoming events until you and others jumped onto it and accused him of wanting to be a lifestyler who never drifts.

Really the point I'm trying to make is that there is no need to be so stereotypical about it and tar everyone with the same brush. A lot of the people that attend these "meets" regularly attend Drift/track days and some compete in the various championships across the UK and Europe.