B6ZE Turbo RX7 FC built on my driveway!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stylecase-Adam, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Wiltz

Wiltz Member

I do love reading through some of the FC builds on here.

Looks like what you are doing is a step in the right direction.

Id love to see some pictures of the baffled tank if you have any.

Also i have a set of modded front hubs which im looking to remove off mine and swap for some standard hubs.

Drop me a message.

2. Stylecase-Adam

Thanks man! :smash:
    Thanks!
    Thanks Stavros :thumbs::thumbs:
    Hi man, I'll take some pictures of the baffled tank for you, and I wouldn't be interested in modified hubs. I'd rather get loads more seat time on the standard ones for now. Thanks for asking though :nod:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since the last update, I'v done some stuffs. And also bought some tings :thumbs:

Changed the passenger door for a non rusty one :euge:

[​IMG]

Then fitted a bucket seat, although it doesn't sit perfect. I'll have to tweak that later.

[​IMG]

Scenic shot just because I finally fixed the idle!

[​IMG]

My mate brought his MX5 over so I can start the reshell :smash: The underside of it is brown, very brown. JDM crispy brown. New shell is really clean and only needed attention to 1 sill but I'v sorted that now. More pictures to follow :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Two new stickers :worthy:

[​IMG]

I'v had my water temp gauge in the place where the radio sits, but since the FC is going on road in 1-2 weeks. I'll probably be chucking a radio in it, therefore. Back to the OG idea, making this little gauge pod into my left air vent on this plastic bezel ting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still more work required, but it'll get there soon :thumbs:

3. Stylecase-Adam

Quick update - - - -

Been doing loads of work to my friend's new shell, sprayed most of the shell so I can start swapping bits over. :smash:

[​IMG]

Somewhere in between the reshell stuff, I managed to fit my new taillights, bit of chopping. Then bit more chopping on the center piece for the reg. And their in 2 hours later, really happy with the new look. :thumbs::thumbs::smokin:

[​IMG]

Just before fitting the tails, I went and picked up skid wheels I found on ebay, £40 for standard S14 wheels. Already put them to good use as I was trying to get the FC as high as possible for fabricating of the exhaust.

[​IMG]

Couldn't resist to take a photo of the new tails with the lights on as the sun went down :D

[​IMG]

Yesterday after work I fitted the Banzai Racing dual belt pulley I received

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building the MX5 back up, cleaning/spraying everything as we go along :smash:

[​IMG]

Then continuing with the exhaust after work today, I made the exhaust tips and tacked them to the silencers. Made up a little section with a bend in it to go after the V band flange. Afterwards I just sprayed the trim piece on the bumper back to black, as I did it in some gunmetal grey ages ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Stylecase-Adam

Recently refurbed the centre's on my 15" wheels! I did them in the back garden on a sunny day, and considering all the shit that flies around in the air they turned out pretty well! I'm well happy with the result :nod:

[​IMG]

Bought a new gear knob, made up an adapter to fit it. Also received my D1spec snap off, now I can sit comfortably without much knee-wheel rubbing.

[​IMG]

After that I went round to V8ILLUMINATI HQ to fix my fitment issues ^^ Borrowed loads of spacers to work out what's best and here's some result. Unfortunately I overlooked the part that the Nissan center is a bit bigger than the Mazda's so I couldn't actually run them. :/ At least I got the sizes I want figured out so I can go and buy some :D

[​IMG]

After that I'v figured out a little issue I had with the coolant level sensor, with my dad we fitted the 16's with some drift tyres. Packed up the cars and went off to Buxton for my first dry drift day. :D Didn't know what to expect, I put about 60PSI in the back tyres and the first few runs were a bit sketchy but I was getting the hang of it throughout the day. (Y)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Popped my first tire EVA :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then later on I popped two more sets, ended up using 3 sets of tyres during the day :smash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this shot my mate (that I'm doing the reshell for) took. ! Just looks so retro :smokin:

[​IMG]

Here's a quick onboard of the final 3 laps before we headed off :D

Aaaand that's it, back at home.

[​IMG]

Went in for a while to check some footage, then back out for a bit to unload the car and clean the rubber marks so it looks semi acceptable to go to work tomorrow morning :smash:

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

5. C1arke

C1arke Member

Gutted I didn't go Buxton now

6. Timmy

Timmy Member

looks awesome mate :) love a white FC

7. J_W97

J_W97 Member

Fuck sake i was considering going buxton to watch but didn't bother in the end. Would've come if I knew the FC was there.

Ah well

8. Stylecase-Adam

awhh man, you should have came (Y) It was a good opening event :D
    Thanks man :nod:
    awh man, damn. Should have came anyway, there was loads of cool cars there that weekend ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Little update -

Finally got my magnecor leads, definitely noticed a difference. :worthy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some good progress on mate's reshell :smash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought spacers to sort my fitment, received wrong spacers.... In the middle of dealing with this situation atm.

[​IMG]

Today I wired in a relay to the headlight switch wiring to stop the switch getting burnt out. This seems to be quite common on FC's as it seems, sometimes the switches get too hot and burn out + they take the wiring along with them. Saw one or two switches on ebay for around £70 so decided it's better to try and prevent it. :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Here's some more photos from the last buxton event by 8BallPhotography!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Annnnnd lastly a photo from today, took the last little bits of the old shell, packed it up on the trailer ready to take it away to the scrap after Easter. On the new shell, the only thing mechanically that's needed now is front suspension finishing. But all in all it's just a matter of a full respray now. Hopefully two-three more weeks for it to be back on the road :thumbs:

9. Stylecase-Adam

My not so fresh exhaust anymore, I'm gonna have to re-do it, try mount it even higher to get more clearance.

[​IMG]

Good progress on Chris's MX5, here it's getting pushed out the garage on all four wheels for the first time. :smash:

[​IMG]

FRESH :cool:

[​IMG]

Took a minute to polish my helmet, ha :euge:

[​IMG]

Bye Bladix ! ^^ Old shell :wave:

[​IMG]

Fast forward a tad, getting ready for next buxton. A quick wash the day before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaaand baack

[​IMG]

The next morning after buxton my front tire blew while coming off the motorway :no:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I bought some more skid wheels

[​IMG]

And a pair of new front tyres, just had to try these NS2's after many good reviews.

[​IMG]

Mounted a tow hook my sister gave me :) Atm it sits semi shite, but ill make an L bracket for it later on.

[​IMG]

Went round to help George with his MX-5 :D We made up some mounts for the intercooler and rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Stylecase-Adam

Now recently just a few days ago, I have took my upper intake manifold off, took the injectors out. They all had weird silicone on them that the PO put on... Plus the rubber seals on them were rock hard, that would probably explain some of the shitty starts after running for a while... While I'm there im also doing my vacuum pipes, cleaning the main ECU ground etc. Hopefully it shouldn't be as hesitant when I'm done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cracking on with the MX5, primered on Thursday, wet flatted on Friday.

[​IMG]

And finally today I have sprayed the wip, really happy with the result being my 2nd ever respray :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, here's a shitty video I took from the last buxton.

And here we are, that's it for now. I'm hoping to finish the MX5 weds-thurs. Then Chris can come and get used to it for a few days before we both do teeside on the 4th :) It's gonna be a busy week. Thanks for reading :worthy:

11. Stylecase-Adam

Quick update!

Finished Chris's MX5 few days before teeside! :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same day Chris was picking up the car, we went round to take some quick shots of the FC :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shots by Chris :worthy:

Some skid shots from teeside, was very happy I could link nearly the whole national track, the west track was loads of fun too. Nice change from doing the usual buxton since I started drifting in december !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All was going well, till like the 2nd run on national track. I went and fucked it up, I snapped back into a tire wall at the final corner of the National. :no: So many feels, such little time. haha

[​IMG]

Drove back to the pits semi frustrated, but cracked on and hammered the thing out with my dad. Just enough for the arches to clear the wheels again, the door to close, and lastly cleared the bucket seat off the broken glass. Then went back out :dw:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a little video as well
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/adamzwa/videos/10200440832341391/?pnref=story[/video]

Bit of a breezy drive home without a window, but then again my heating is stuck on full hot so it didnt matter that much.

[​IMG]

Got home, the next day cracked on with repairs.

I had an old door sitting in the garden, it was a bit rusty round the bottom but sorted this out a little and smacked it on.

[​IMG]

We smacked the quarter out as well

[​IMG]

Clio mirror came in to rescue

[​IMG]

As if the whole situation wasnt shit enough, exhaust decided to rip weirdly enough. No idea how that happened, the metal was pretty thin in that area though. Maybe too much stress, welded it back stronger anyhow.

[​IMG]

And how it's sitting right now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Stylecase-Adam

Little update! Serviced the wip

[​IMG]

Fixed the exhaust as I completely rubbed through a V band and a flexi pipe,
    I'v now done a sleeve over fit and shifted the whole thing up a inch or two as well. :smash:

[​IMG]

Chris came back to Manchester in the 5 for polishing, we started at 7AM. Finished at about 9:30PM that day... Whole day of polishing but totally worth it in the end.!

[​IMG]

We then went down to take some photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today after work, I'v adjusted the coilovers, switched up the dampening a little, made up a new front lip that I'm really happy about! And was just tweaking other little things like the idle again and stuff.

[​IMG]

Also I'v started polishing my wheels! Here's a little test fit to see how it looks. muchos better, gonna crack on and do the other two soon :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BkS

BkS New Member

Just need to spray the new lip g! :D

14. Joss

Joss Member

Cool as. What's that lip from?

15. Stylecase-Adam

:nod:
    Thanks man! It's a custom thing I made one afternoon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sprayed the lip! Although I didn't sand it properly incase I'v got a change of heart and wanna go back to green :cool:

[​IMG]

Did some shaping to my rear quarter to try and get it a bit more acceptable but still have to do some more :euge:

[​IMG]

I'v also put my center caps on, just to see if they look any better. I'v got some mixed opinions but I like them for now.

[​IMG]

16. Stylecase-Adam

Went round to see the mandem in the murcielago :cool:

[​IMG]

Rocker cover I'v done for him, suits his bay real nice :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Then while just standing around and looking at the cars, Alex suggested he has some old side skirts of his S14. He said if I can make them fit, I can have them ! Wee little test fit, we figured out I can make them work somehow. So I took them home, and the next day the work started.

[​IMG]

First of all I trimmed them enough so they go onto the door jamb, and then so they sit flush round the door. :smash:

[​IMG]

Then I have cut sections out from both sides and made them sit flush as well, then fibreglassed them solid.

[​IMG]

That was it for that day, I have also connected up my o2 sensor that day. But its showing me 14.00V rather than the 0.5v it should at idle. Any ideas why its doing that? :(

Next day onto the other side, same procedure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now, my friend is currently making me some custom spacers due to the small center bore rx7's have. These should arrive soon and go well with the polished lips on my 15's. But just sitting here today I did this photoshop of what wheels I would like to maybe run in the future. :cool:

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading M9's!

17. Mattolodis

Mattolodis Active Member

Looking good man need some bigger wheels though 16"s steelies

18. Stylecase-Adam

Oh ma gerd 4notha update m&

Bit of an update, after my latest drift day teeside. I had to skip the May buxton due to money, since I'v had a pay day since then I'v done the June buxton and it was the best day ever! Car was faultless all day, went through many tyres. Plus altogether there was more or less 6 of us (drivers) meant there was loaaaaads of seat time.

First of all thanks to Harley of Suteka Sticker company for the sunstrip :smokin:

[​IMG]

V8 SUCKS!

[​IMG]

Some skid pictures :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't really get close to Chris because show car/just reshelled ^^ On the other hand though, there was some close runs with Max !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back home! Really liking my new set of wheels :euge: 15" dodge/chrysler tings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roasted

[​IMG]

Also two days before buxton I'v prepped and sprayed my sister civ!

[​IMG]

Few days I'v made up a strut brace, makes the engine bay look a bit more interesting, + f'course STEERING RESPONSE BRO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly, some film photos I took during the day. Just for those 90's feels :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Stylecase-Adam

Here's two videos Chris took, I can't figure out how to put facebook videos here so I'll have to upload them later!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/adamzwa/videos/vb.1773979593/10200566605165633/[/video]

#59 Stylecase-Adam, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  20. Leno

Leno Member

Whats the double alt pully all about? seen it a fair bit on rotaries..