*** RB!, subaru wagon, driveway build ***

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by haza88, Feb 23, 2015.

1. haza88

haza88 Active Member

right then, not been here in a wile been looking through sum old threads, allot of good times :nod: so thort id share

after selling my last skid car a good few months ago due to buying my first house iv finally saved up enough to treat myself :luvlove: to an na wagon

iv had rx7s ae86 silvias skylines etc but I like being different so the plan lol

Subaru wagon rb25det with Nissan front suspension steering setup,
    I don't no if its going to work all I have is hopes and dreams and very little money so this isn't going to be a big money project all the fabrication will be done by me, other than the propshaft

any way here she is

[​IMG]

stay tuned

2. haza88

haza88 Active Member

and on my drive her resting place, for some time lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iv had the car just under a week and iv removed the engine and gearbox etc, subframe and complete dash, now its time for a few beers n doobs to fathm a plan

3. MooJuicePez

MooJuicePez New Member

This was my old wagon, VERY much looking forward to following your progress dude.

Apologies to the scene taped to the back window. A made did it and i never bothered to take it off.

4. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Custom graphics on the rear window look good! ;) Can't wait to see this finished.

5. haza88

haza88 Active Member

Lol yea the stickers will be going

6. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

coooooooooooool

7. haza88

haza88 Active Member

had a couple hours free today, so spent sum time on the car

removed the gearbox brace as its definatly not needed, altho I will need to cut the tunnel out I wont do so until I have the engine and gearbox setup to see what needs to be removed and where

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

removed all of the remaining dash parts and started removing the sound dentening

[​IMG]

8. haza88

haza88 Active Member

picked up some parts

s14 front subframe
    s14 steering rack- poly bushed
    s14 japspeed track rods and ends
    s14 lower arms
    s14 knuckles

wont be able to fab the front subframe until I can afford the engine setup

so next on the list is to start on tubbing the front arches as the arches are very small being 4wd with smaller lock, angle grinder time

9. Nury44

Nury44 New Member

Subscribed ! I've got a GC8 sti and I like where this is going. May get inspired. :)

10. haza88

haza88 Active Member

good stuff mate

arches are all cut out ready and the metal is cut and bent how it needs to be, so hopefully the weather holds out this weekend so I can get the mig out and weld them in place

11. Craigyy

Craigyy New Member

Check out TFS Racing on fb were fitting an RB to a blobeye it's in and mounted looking forward too seeing the progress on this.

12. haza88

haza88 Active Member

ok mate cheers im not on fb, do you have a link to the build thread would be interested to see how your going about it

13. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

Hey Bud, this is looking sweet already. :alschaser

Have you seen the Impreza Classic that Jap Performance Parts have made? Check out their RB25DET drifter. It should help give you some inspiration for your project...

Haven't seen anything like this wagon before and can't wait to see it progress. Nice one mate :cool::cool::cool:

14. haza88

haza88 Active Member

hi there mate yea iv seen that build pretty damn cool but they got quite a few more pennys than I have lol havnt seen an rb wagon before tho and im gona try, I say try because I don't no if it will work yet to fit full s14 front end ie subframe coilovers etc

managed to finish my tubbed front arches today , still got gussets to make yet but pretty happy with them

made them from 2mm steel to keep strength to the turrets will chuck a pic up later

15. haza88

haza88 Active Member

so front arches are done, still have the upper and lower gussets to make, but ther welded in, seam sealed and coated in red oxide to keep them nice, arches were made from a 2mm sheet of steel with no fancy tools

didn't manage to get any in-between pics unfortunately as just wanted to crack on wile the weather was nice for once, roll on the clocks going forward so I can get some light in the evenings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dingdong

dingdong Member

Looks good bro engine time soon

17. haza88

haza88 Active Member

haha cheers jon wont be long

18. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

The 1st photo reminds me a bit of a grown up Pulsar... I don't normally like the wagons but it's changed my opinion.

Had any more updates yet bud?

What are you gonna use it for & got any ideas for final colour scheme? :confused::confused:

19. haza88

haza88 Active Member

haha yea I no what you mean im not normally a fan of wagons but this one lukd hard

no updates of yet as im still skint from buying double glazing hopeing to get on it next month when iv been paid

and itl be used for drifting with what little skill I have lol

20. haza88

haza88 Active Member

also considering going sr as the rbs14 I built allways felt front end heavy and not to nimble, so im on the fence at the moment