Commentators?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by david_connoll, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93s13nick

93s13nick Member

What exactly offended you? The Term Big Gay Wing or where there other times the word gay was used in a negative stereotype? I find it hard to believe you found anything they said that offensive. I mean if you use internet forums you must be offended pretty much constantly, and as for facebook... that must have you in fits of rage!

2. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

3. docwra

docwra Active Member

Getting killed by racists is a little different from a verbal slur, dont you think? Great comparison.

Its not that you have a different opinion, its that you keep battering on and on and on when there really isnt anything to discuss, in 3 pages you cant even tell us what these comments were. BGW is an acceptable term, :euge: is an acceptable smiley and frankly calling someone a big bender is no different from calling them a dickhead or a wanker.

Actually, seeing as dickhead and wanker get used much more often, perhaps you can set up some kind of support group for onanists with penisies on their heads, it would probably make more sense than this bollocks.

4. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

So on live broadcasts it's the same rules as in a forum or on facebook? I'm in no way in a rage or offended. Just thought it was in poor taste and the lads could do better. Is that ok to say? That is my difference of opinion.
    YeahI don't think it should be called a big gay wing, I've never heard the IDC, FD, D1JP or Euro Drift allstars call it that. Please do not get offended for me pointing this out, it's fact not opinion.
    What we say in a forum on facebook or down the pub with the lads is not what is usually acceptable for live public broadcasts, this again is a fact.
    And yeah I'm irish, I don't want to hear lads put on an irish accent say potato, say, 33 1/3, etc everytime an irish driver is drifting, is that ok to say?

5. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

So we're ok with ,big bender being used on the commentary? So would , sure he's a big fag, be ok too ?
    Wanker and dickhead are ok to on live broadcasts?

6. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

I don't think you get it.

We don't care. I don't think anyone but you cares. Why don't you write to every single comedy show on TV that makes gay jokes as well.

I couldn't give two shits if someone calls someone a fag. Especially if they're acting like one

#46 initial_j, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  7. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Listen to the commentary on the Polish drifting livestream right now. They haven't abused anyone but it sounds completely lifeless.

8. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

We should do it next time Mitch. :)

9. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Fuck that. Ian has been doing a great job. I couldn't do that all weekend then have some bellend say you did it wrong. It'd be as bad as judging all weekend trying to be as fair as humanly possible and have people say it's rigged.

10. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Lol, it's a tough gig no doubt... You can't please everyone, all of the time. :(

11. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

How about power shower now?

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

David, My advise mate would be to just give it up, I genuinely think you are one of the only people who cares. The rest of us are living in the real world pal, Have you seen things outside your island? It aint pretty ya know.. people are having their dicks blown off over the case of a religious fairly tail and people like you are sitting behind your PC moaning about people cracking off a gay joke or 2.

Also, If the gay joke was related to BGW, and you took offence.. and your defense is "I haven't heard it before, thus its not used other than here and that's FACT" then the only suited response, is quite frankly.

"STFU"

13. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

I'm normally horrendously offensive 99% of the time and I don't have a problem with any of the commentary, but perhaps live over the internet it does need to be as professional as possible bdc are trying to increase the viewing audience are they not as this increases attendance therefore revenue. Drifting is if you can forgive the cliché a life style thing so phrases' like BGW are ingrained and yea 80-90% of "drifters" are 20 something males who are perfectly fine with the banter (myself included) maybe its time to step it up a notch and take into account that people out there can blow shit like saying potato In an Irish accent completely out of the water, although using such phrases could be seen as inclusive in introducing people to the drifting world. Maybe just tone it down abit on the poor accents for the Irish audience.

14. grant s

grant s Member

i thought the commentry was refreshing amusing and helped along the proceedings far better than the previous commentators that have done the job

15. Chimp

Chimp Member

Haven't been on here in ages but I will make an exception for this thread. There is a personality and charisma on the live stream something non of the others do have. If you want boring watch F1. The boys did a Stirling Job round 1 and 2 and keep up the good work. Personal favourite so far has been 'three Irish men in a box and for once it doesn't contain stella'

16. blitz20ten

blitz20ten Member

Oh jesus, is this bitching actually for real?

The entirety of the BDC have a huge level of banter and it's like one big family.

If you spent a day in the paddock and heard how we all talk to each other you'd probably shit a chicken. Maybe you'd enjoy that?

Ben/Ian and Mark did a fantastic job of keeping everyone interested and amused throughout many hours of live stream.

Sure there will be a small percentage of people like yourself that will be butt hurt about it...but all I can say (and please don't be offended and start countless threads about me) is...stop being so fucking gay.

17. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

But

I suppose I find this interesting and sad, I'd love if drifting became more mainstream and you could follow what the drivers etc were up to on the news etc.
    Ok so I'm nearly 40 and have friends who are gay. I see calling wings as big gay wings a bit offensive. Even if it's called that. If kinda reflects the drifting community a bit there. Can anyone name one gay driver? Sure there are some in FD BDC or IDC?
    I'm not the 20s jack the lad, and when I ask what people thing about the commentary, I'm told STFU etc. Suppose not surprised but hoped for a more mature response.
    I don't live in a bubble, not sure what the real world is, but I have lived and worked in Ireland, Canada and Finland, and went to see drifting in these countries. I'm not saying the lads have to go down the F1 road, and not saying they're terrible, and yep you can't please everyone all the time. Maybe just be slightly more PC like FD peeps who have a bigger audience.
    Good mature response to call me a bellend, point well put. There are loads of jobs I can't do, it doesn't mean the people doing them if doing for a public audience don't get judged by the public, just cause the public couldn't do it. Like with Big Stan the football guy, he made racist comments, we didn't all think, ah I couldn't do his job so it's grand let him say what he likes.
    It's also ok top call people a fag? ~A come on now.
    Just wondered, how many of you have a gay friend?

Yes there is terrorism in the world, but I don't see how this makes it fine to say what ever you want?
    Yes most of the audience are the 20s kinda inbetweeners type lads, but it's chicken and the egg here maybe. If things were changed it might get drifting a more varied audience?

18. Anth4130

Anth4130 Member

19. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

I can name loads of gay drivers!:

Baggsy
    Ian Waddington
    Dan Chapman
    Mike Cooper
    Sam Holt
    Joseph Ankers
    Daniel Bridle
    Mark Norfolk

Etc etc

20. sannsiauto

sannsiauto New Member

If people cant handle drift banter, then they seriously need to pick a different hobby! All drivers including myself expect a dig or a little P*ss take occasionally and we laugh and give it back. Its no big deal.
    I think the commentators are doing a fantastic job , and wish them all the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.