Drift works Hicas eliminator big problem

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by adam ps13, Jul 19, 2015.

1. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

This is just a warning to others and hopefully drift works will see this and address this

I recently bought the hi as eliminator with geomaster toe rods . It's the new package drift works sell

after spending a whole lot of money on it . It does not work .. The geomaster arms must be a beefier rose joint and have a larger end for the bracket side . No matter what way you put it . Flip it or fit it anyway it will not working . The arm is fouling the bracket. Way before the rose joint lines up to put the bolt through.. This is just a warning to other boy to buy these till drift works sorts them .

Im quite angry about it as I have my car completely stripped on my lift and bushes fitted to the hubs etc and now I can't fit the kit and I cannot refit the hicas rack now wither because I have the ball joints gone out of the hub . It has just caused me a huge heart ache ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

its not exactly a huge problem, 2 minutes with a file or 10 seconds with a flap wheel will give the clearance needed.
    Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.

3. Leno

Leno Member

I wouldnt expect to need to take a file or a flap wheel to my brand new made to fit products..

4. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Same old shit driftworks sell, cheap Chinese crap (same as japspeed brand) resprayed orange with zero quality control.

Just the like "dw " rad and intercooler a friend of mine bought, only the rad had the same weld patterns/thickness/gaskets as my £80 ebay jobbie and his intercooler basically had "autobahn" ground off and a driftworks plate tack welded on.

5. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

buy cheap then don't expect perfect fit.
    If you want perfect quality then go buy the big name stuff

6. zornyan

zornyan Guest

I guarantee I could buy this exact same product from eBay and it's got a better chance of fitting. And driftworks add a large mark up to the price considering its the same shit.

Guess Phil needs to get another lambo....

7. tidytobes

tidytobes Manfoot Kerb Magnet

Wow at the hate in here..

DW stuff is known as mass produced but it's not poor quality, I've used all manner of brands including plenty of their stuff and never had a problem, as have many others.

You pay more for the DW stuff as it's supplied by a local company (albeit manufactured far away) and they have a profit to make as well as providing a huge level of customer service when shit goes wrong, if you had this issue with a part from eBay china do you think you could pick up a phone and have a solution explained or a replacement part on next day delivery after to speaking to someone who know their arse from their elbow?

Maybe instead of bitching and moaning you try contacting the guys themselves, I'm sure you aren't the first person to use this kit and if you dont act a total cock they'll be more than happy to help you out and get things sorted..

8. zornyan

zornyan Guest

No, when buying from eBay I just click open a dispute and get the money back within a couple days.

But personally I just avoid driftworks and other over priced companies, you can look on alibaba and find most of driftworks inventory for a quarter of the price.

Then there's the piss take stuff like they sell competition clutches flywheel for an e36 m3. It's actually using the same images from their website with a basic copy and paste from them.

Competition clutch direct price £200

Ebay price £220 including postage.

Driftworks price £319 plus postage.

So I should buy it from driftworks because of their customer services for an extra hundred quid! When I can phone competition clutch here in the UK anyway?

9. tidytobes

You're coming across as being incredibly bitter, I'm not suggesting people don't shop around, just not to start slating companies becuase you can scrimp and save a few quid by dealing with less reputable companies..

The profit DW makes is not all about buying Phil a new Lambo!! More so it's about being able to bring products to market for affordable prices and making things accessible to people without Formula Drift budgets..

Look at what a gamechanger it was when they introduced Geomaster hubs, now there are hundreds of people running them, the cost of bringing that to market wouldn't have been covered without some profit..

The argument you use about flywheels is flawed as DW Superfly item isn't the same as the Competition Clutch one anyway, the CC unit is nearly 2kg heavier and they sell it for £229 delivered on ebay..

Bottom line is, the OP should have just contacted Kam or Rich at DW and sent them the pictures and I'm in no doubt this would have been sorted by now..

10. zornyan

zornyan Guest

But geomasters are a cheap rip off product that many people complained about because of poor fitting issues and stupid things like not getting a working handbrake with them? So kind of nullifies the point

11. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Did Phil ask for any money off you (like ebay do) when you sold your second hand parts on the forum he pays for?????

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/par...gine-box-mounts-gtr-calsonic-intercooler.html

You need to take a look at yourself mate, before you slag off Driftworks, member since 2010 eh?

If the original poster has any issues I'm sure they can be resolved with a quick call to the guys without a slagging match...

Ian.

12. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Infact all my stuff sold on sxoc as the majority of users on driftworks are pikeys that want something for nothing. My point still stands

13. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

It seems you don't like Phil, Driftworks or anyone on here?

Why even bother posting?

Ian.

14. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

quite alot of sour lads on here.

tbh though i do think that there is a serious lack of testing on alot of the products hence little issues like this (little as in easy to rectify by manufactures) although these little issues cause nightmares for the consumers.

15. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Adam: Please get in touch with us with your order details and we'll get you sorted immediately. I've tried searching for your email address in our shop system and can't find your details.
    We don't sell Geomaster toe rods with the hicas eliminator kit for this reason. So we need to get to the bottom of why you have received these parts from us.

Zornyan: Actually I'm thinking maybe a 488 next time.... But then I can see how you might think that makes me a cunt for being in a position to do that. After all; risking so much, and having worked so hard for the past 11 years building a profitable company with one of the best reputations in the world, definitely deserves that level of hatred from you.

From your posts here I can imagine exactly what type of person you are, and how far you will go in life. So I also understand that there is no reasoning with that level of bitterness, and as a result I'll just ban you, as you apparently have zero respect for me or my company, so I don't see any reason I should let you in my house any more... Bye :).

16. tidytobes

Well said Phil..

17. Woocash

Woocash Member

Bang on that Dude.
    Problems are always creeping up but with the right attitude they can be sorted.

18. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Ha, nicely done Phirrip.

19. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Check out how much Formula Ikeyama stuff costs, which leads me neatly to my next point

Sounds like you.

FWIW Driftworks have an excellent record with customer service, and as stated before if you'd just phoned up and spoke to them it could have been sorted out without this thread.