E36 323i budget build (1st timer)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by chris1811, Aug 13, 2015.

1. bcartmilldrift

You would be safer of getting a hydro as soon as possible makes it so much easier an if you starting coming out of a drift you can pull it quick twitch of the wheel an youll be back in the drift an if you heading for a wall you can put ir rear end in an not your frint

2. bcartmilldrift

An enjoy your self man

3. ben21

ben21 New Member

I have a set of the drift works extra steering lock adapter things here that I never ended up using if your interested. Safe, quick and cheap way of getting increased lock on these

4. Dangerous Ryan

Dangerous Ryan New Member

Explain....

5. bcartmilldrift

Here rack spacers the just give you a few cm more of lock cheap an worth it, i personly dont have them but i have e46 bottom arms an cut steering nuckels an 25mm spacers but need bigger spaces because my my 16 mspoet wheel still rub on anti roll bar [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Dangerous Ryan

Dangerous Ryan New Member

Gotcha cheers

7. bcartmilldrift

Anytime an myn is a 323i aswell

8. chris1811

chris1811 Member

Ahh cool drop me a pm dude :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hydro is on the list, I'm sorting it now but it wont be in the car by Sunday unfortunately.

9. bcartmilldrift

Well if you want a quick fix till the cut the sleve off ur hand break take the locking macanisem out an just tape over it it should lock ur rear wheels

10. ben21

ben21 New Member

11. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

You don't need a hydro to learn, standard bm handbrakes are shite so I wouldn't pull that unless you want to remove all of the shit handbrake guff after, as it will have broken free.
    Use the weight of the car to make it step out.
    Too many boring handbrake entry skidder's about. It looks so slow and boring.

12. bcartmilldrift

Yea but a hydro helps you an once you can hold a skid do flick entrys an all it just leaves it easyer cuz i went frist time an my hydro need bleed again so it was licking up rear wheels so i jicked the clutch give a flick going to hard for the power i had an straight into a wall

13. bcartmilldrift

14. chris1811

chris1811 Member

Well been on my first outing today and it was mint! Car held up really well on track :)

Hopefully I'll be able to find some pics later to put up!! Definitely going to invest in a bucket seat and harness, sort out the air intake and get some better cooling.

Car was great on track, but over heated like a mother F#*+%r on the skid pan.

Looking forward to the next instalment :)

15. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

A hydro wouldn't have stopped that if as you say you were going too fast for the power you had.
    A hydro is not a drift lever. It's for small corrections or avoidance in my opinion.

Good stuff your day went well, have you replaced any of the cooling system? Try flushing the system with a hose in the top of the rad. Then bleed it up.

16. bcartmilldrift

It wouldnt of stoped me crashing it would of let me put rear end in wall an i could of contiuded my day drifting plus the car stoped the crank sensor give up an the car wouldnt rev

17. bcartmilldrift

Glad u injoyed ur day put a diesel rad in her cuz there bigger than the petrols an fans on either side

18. chris1811

chris1811 Member

Cheers guys really did enjoy it!
    Only pic that was taken of me on track was this one.....

Unfortunately no one seems to have caught some sideways action!! [​IMG]

Anyway quick update......
    Managed to get my hands on this 328 donor car........[​IMG]

Some of you may recognise it, anyway lots in it that I will be transferring to my car such as Buckets and harnesses, Hydro (although to be fair I didn't really need it), front and rear braces, M50 manifold, 328 exhaust and decat, short shifter, momo wheel and hub, FK rear Coilovers and some blue ones on front (not sure on brand), extended lower arms, extra lock, massive radiator and eleccy fan and oil cooler. I'm sure there is more but I haven't had a chance to go through it all. Oh and 8 rims plus the 4 on the car :)

#38 chris1811, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  19. chris1811

chris1811 Member

So progress made today. Managed to fit the first bucket seat and harness and sparco deep dish wheel. Absolutely loving my car at the moment. Looking forward to the next drift day on 4th :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots more to be getting on with :)

20. chris1811

chris1811 Member

So decided that the engine from my breaker 328 is getting slapped in my 323 :) Hopefully will have it done before 4th Oct but highly doubt it......much to be getting on with, will update as I plod along.

#40 chris1811, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015