I used to visit this site everyday now probably once a month.. Anyone else?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Drifttrader, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Wake up, coffee on, boot up macbook, Facebook, gmail, driftworks forum

that was everyday for years.. Now I don't really come on much, mainly when I noticed "Staff" and "moderators" badges started dropping like flies, seems like most of the staff have gone and seems like DW have put the forum lower down the fiscal food chain..

Anyone else agree?

How often do you visit the forum in comparison to years back?

2. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

I think a lot of it has to do with the change to other social media options, facebook etc. Also, the guys who used to use forums have either 'grown up' or moved onto other things. The younger generation grew up with Twitface and alike so I guess they don't really see the benefits of message boards and stuff.

Im the same, used to spend my life on forums, but now its few and far between, will browse every other day, but post barely once a month.

3. MC2

MC2 Active Member

I still visit, but ask myself why far too often.......

4. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

my excuse is that I stopped working in an office.

but i still come on here to use the members section.

#4 gaz_moose, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  5. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

My mornings still contain Driftworks first then onto the Retro Rides forum. Has been since 2012, but I only just thought to sign up at the end of last year.. Seems to be that the Retro Rides forum is still really active though.

6. smokindrifter

smokindrifter Member

Yeah there use to be lots of batter but seems to have disappeared

7. Kelvjy

Kelvjy Member

I dont even think DW visit the forums as often!! I rarely log in these days, just skim over the used cars/parts sections, and japaneseusedcars sub forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont even think DW visit the forums as often!! I rarely log in these days, just skim over the used cars/parts sections, and japaneseusedcars sub forum.

8. davey

davey Active Member

I'm definitely not on here as much as I used to be, trying not to sound old but, I remember the good old days, the banter, the good knowledge that was shared from people who actually knew what they were talking about, the rape when a fool popped up. It was a good time lol

I'm sure the old guys still linger in the back ground like I do but see the new wave of kids and there ball shit (remember most of us oldies have been through the same argument 20 times already) and just simply can't be fucked anymore, so we moved on to other things like raising kids or saving elephants.

I do however come here more then once a day but just keep my head down now lol

9. scouse

scouse Active Member

Still come on most days but not for as long as I did,spent hours upon hours reading
    then seeing the same post pop up Will a welded diff kill me or some sort of scamming cunt post
    or school kid talking shit,guess that's why we love driftworks, wouldn't be the same without them :D

10. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

You can follow us on Facebook if you like too https://www.facebook.com/Autospecs-Ltd-Japaneseusedcarscom

11. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

I used to browse and read all the epic threads. I still come on each day to look at the Japanese Used cars bit, see if any interesting threads have popped up and keep mine up to date, but compared to years ago most places have gotten much quieter, not just DW.

12. ren_juanjo

ren_juanjo buttercakes!!

I think the reason behind is just to the move towards social media, although I think the guys at DW have done a very good job of making their shop self-supporting rather than relying on the recommendations of their products via forum chat.

Additionally the move towards internet access on a phone makes forums less accessible for many, especially compared to facebook buy and sell.

throughout 2007 I had DW open pretty much every hour of every day. now it's the same for facebook for me.

13. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

14. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I'm not on for anywhere as long as I used to be, though I visit often for shorter periods, skim through the posts, ignore the shite, ban a twat here and there and I'm away. It's definitely because of Facebook in my opinion.

15. Johny_k

Johny_k Member

I still look every now and then mainly for parts and keeping up with the prices of cars these days. Although the forum does seem to have gone down hill, i don't know if its just me but it seems a lot of posts are missing, or no one is making any posts, i dont know, but drifting is slowwlly fading out it seems.

16. scouse

scouse Active Member

You're telling us it's fading out?
    Look at the venue's like mallory park 5yrs ago
    You couldn't get many to go a times probably as low
    12 cars, track time galore open pit lane full circuit and all that.

Roll on 5 years and while the likes of mallory are gone you have to look at the likes of 3 sisters a newish drift venue fully booked within hours of tickets being released not to mention a bespoke track driftland.

while it may seem like that it's probably the opposite ,
    People may actually just go and drift a track and not come on here
    To tell anyone about it.

17. Nutter

Nutter Member

Personally I don't see people posting about the big builds or something different happening.

Also build threads in general are a bore alot of the time now. I have thought about putting mine up but I'd bore you all about crashing, fixing, and buying useless aero and crashing some more lol

Also Facebook people seem to build cars on there than here. Post about events they've been to and pictures etc. Also saves hassle from the idiots who think there always right

18. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

We observe.

19. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

I occasionally still come on here to browse the for sale threads . This is the first post i have replied to in about a year i think.

20. edtheduck

edtheduck Member

It doesnt help that uploading pictures on forums is a bit of a ballache