BN Sports JZX110

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by -Marc-, Jul 15, 2014.

1. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Wow.

Just wow.

2. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Ever since adding the RCA's and then cutting/dropping my spindles I've had issues with not enough camber up front to fit my wheels. Even taking a gamble on the pricey Ikeya upper camber arms over the DW items didn't allow enough adjustment, only option I had was to start again. Picked up some SXE10 spindles/hubs, this time cutting and then offsetting them at the same time to add bags of negative camber (I have loads of adjustment back out).

What I ended up with, braced underneath for good measure:

[​IMG]

Perfect! I now have zero issues with the upper arm hitting the turret, wheels hitting arches and I have plenty of adjustment along with the roll center being corrected....FINALLY. Now clearance isn't an issue I've been able to put a 225.40 on the front Minervas (10j) as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feels good apart from the rear aligment.

Courages fit on the front as well! Shocked they went on really as they're 10j -7 with the spacer.

Almost there!

3. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Shit the fucking bed. I never liked this model before but you have totally changed that. Looks insane!

Great read as well, glad you got some enthusiasm for it back as it's really paid off :smokin: :thumbs:

4. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Haven't had a chance to get back on this for a while. Went to tie up some loose ends today though and take it for a little stretch. Seems to have thrown a management light up though and has no power....weird as the only thing I've change is the clocks to proper manual ones. Windows also don't work after taking all the doors off so I have some investigating to do.

Picked up some more bits, Swift 18kg springs for the front, Ikeya bushed front tension rods and another a set of Vienna Courage 19x9.5 +12 & 19x10.5 +18 (only really want the rears).

[​IMG]

My TIG has finally got a power supply in the workshop now too, I can finally start some practice and get this fucking exhaust done once and for all!

Randoms:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#124 -Marc-, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  5. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

As usual not much has happened, too busy at home, work, can't be arsed, etc....

Car's going to get aligned next week however so I can start making some progress and at least get it on the road.

Anyway, shiny things showed up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adding to the collection:

[​IMG]

I won't be keeping them all and have a few up for sale. The new Vienna Sovereign are the same size as the Minervas, 19x10 +11 but they have like 1/2" more lip. With the Minerva being my favorite I swapped a face over to see what offset they'd end up at and more importantly if they would fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work out to be about 19x10 +/-0. It's super close but with my alignment everywhere it's still a guessing game, will find out next week I guess.

Fitted the Ikeya bushed front rods the other week, utter twat of a job! So hard to align the bolt holes with the stiff ass bushes in and ended up stripping the thread on one. Any way, after getting an M16x1.5 tap and a lot of swearing they're on. Old bushes were properly shagged!

[​IMG]

6. [jay]

[jay] Member

Mega jealous of that wheel stack!

7. JasonER34

JasonER34 Member

Wasn't keen on the car when you first got it. But now, it's looks like another level of motor! Pre facelift headlights were terrible and massive looking to me, but now
    It's black and super fresh with many epic wheels, it's a winner

8. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alignment went well but something is still is buggin me with it, fairly sure it's the shitty springs some cunt swapped the Swift springs for. Anyway, it's another thing off the list and it pretty much there now... good times.

9. ERTmotorsport

ERTmotorsport Member

car looks amazing dude! keep it up! wheel collections crazy aswell!

10. ste dub

ste dub Member

Wow what a fucking machine.

11. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

Where did you get these bushes from? :)

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Love it, esp the bonnet.

How's it feel at the front with that much camber?

I'm currently on stock arms on mine, which have given me rear camber but due to the double wishbone shiz, nothing really on the front.

I'm thinking some front camber will stop the annoying rubbing I'm having without having to resort to fucking the arch liners totally off, as while I can go full lock without rubbing (forwards at least) any small bumps in the road and it hits, which does my head in.

13. mint

mint touch my fruit

I would imagine that much camber feels totally fine, Im 6' up front on my JZX stav and it handles like a champ. Cant fault the thing on track :)

Love the car, still wish the bonnet was pink tho :wack: lol.

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Yeah I'm guessing so mate, the FC feels right as rain and that's got 5deg+, just this 110 shiz is a whole unknown world to me lol.

Chances are the camber will mean I'll need to space wheels out a little to get them sitting right again, and then it'd rub the same and I'm back to square one anyhow, but it's worth a go...!

15. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Bought them complete off YAJ, they're always on there. I think the bushes are Uras not Ikeya as I thought though.

Thanks dude! Bonnets kinda my favorite, purely on nostalgia alone.

I've really only driven around the industrial estate but it feels fine to me so far. The front looks wank on 100's and 110's when they sit so square. Clearance is obviously aided by adding so much camber but I've long binned the liners. Your front upper arms hitting the turrets yet?

Just spent some time hammering the inner wells in places and sealing back up with POR15

Boring shit but necessary

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Had time for some testing today. I'm fucking hating the shocks, need to get the Swift springs on and see how I feel otherwise I'll look at HSD's I think. And my bumper/wing mounts are catching on the tyre on lock, just another ball ache from this height and stupid wheels but meh we'll find a way.

Some pictures anyway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a little video on the bookface too:

https://www.facebook.com/JZXLIFE/videos/804454653014018/

I'm starting 2016 as I mean to go on with some actual use of this car once and for all!

17. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Member

YESSSSSS!!!!! I love this thing! I'm glad to see you're enjoying it.

18. olliethrwollie

keep up the good work im liking the third pic down on your last post ;)

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I've heard a couple of scary sounding bangs that sounded like they were probably that, yes!

Not even looked though, purely pleading ignorance on that so far lol.

20. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Thanks guys!

Ye that'll be it haha. Time to chop the uprights!