no knowledge e36 build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by tiredhero, Jan 17, 2016.

1. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

Tired hero bro I liked you thred you have a great passion in your car and drift. I feel you bro as I'm exactly the same and I own e46 318i and soon I'll start to build it for drift
    I wish if I leave close to you so I can help and train together [emoji16]
    Keep going man and keep us updated

2. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

[​IMG]

That's my tire slayer [emoji13].... Soon it will be

And yes bro you can drift that 316 stoke engine that's fore sure bat you need to practice. I know it coz I did it with my 318

#22 rashdi88, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

50 psi man isn't it to risky? As I know most of the tires are made to be handling maximum of 50 psi and the mor the pressure the mor it gain heat and faster so it's easier to explode I think 45 will be les risk and the tire will be hard enough! Don't you think so?

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

lol. I used to drift with 80 psi all day long................

5. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

Woooooow looool thank good nothing happened to you man. Then I think it's ok hahaha

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

Nothing happened other than some drifting happened haha. No tyre exploded or set on fire or killed kittens :p So 50 is legit. We used to daily 60psi aswell.

7. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

Cool then I will go for that

8. rashdi88

rashdi88 New Member

Bat let me ask you when you did that what tires you where using old used tires or new ones ??

9. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

Thanks for the comments guys nearly got my rear subframe off... Till the misses rang to say somethings wrong with her car...

So I have all the bolts apart from the propshaft bolts and the brake lines and I'm guessing the handbrake.... I'll post some pictures later...

I have no idea how to get the lines off...

Misses is eyeing up my coiloves as well so might be getting some more
    For the tourer

10. 325i_Hoonigan

325i_Hoonigan Member

Hey man could you let me if the e36 has single brake line going to each caliper or a single line with a t connection separating to each caliper

11. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

If you mean the rear ones dude I'm not too sure as the 316 only has hubs on the back :\ the tourer has disks at the rear so ill let you know what they are like tomorrow as she is stealing my coilovers... And then ill be ordering some more for the coupe when I sell this shitroen :)

12. 325i_Hoonigan

325i_Hoonigan Member

Ok cool don't forget dem pics

13. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

started redoing the alloys too

[​IMG]

this bloody brake line i can not get off

[​IMG]
    i think i know how to get this off but any one wants to inform me of the right way before i smash it off is more than welcome to tell me :)

also is this the handbrake cable ? and how the hell do i take this off :/ ... ?

[​IMG]

thanks for reading every one im pretty sure ill actually do some decent updates when i get this subframe off like actually weld the diff and try to drift it... with lots of psi in the tyres :/

you can all have a good laugh at me in my 1.6 trying to not spin out

14. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

By the looks of it you might be as well to smash it off and get new ones pal! But keep up the good work on it

15. DCDave

DCDave New Member

Little propane torch on the top of that brake line fitting nut, get it nice and hot and try and avoid the rubber line below, then use good vice grips if you have rounded the nut. Works 90% of the time for me and saves you butchering the hard line.

16. DCDave

DCDave New Member

Handbrake cable needs disconnected from inside the drum or the disc, they can seize in the hub and be a real pain, long punch helps get em out.

17. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

They just don't look like they're worth saving to me is all mate!

18. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

Thanks for the advice guys ill give them a go tomorrow with the torch and try to unbolt them if not I guess ill try to get them off one way or another :) and just replace them so I can get things going already....

19. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

Looks like from mine any way that they have separate lines buddy but I think some may be different :\

So I ended up snapping the brakes as they are shagged anyways :( still trying to get the handbrake cable off... I stripped the shoes back ill refurb them... But still not sure how to get the cable off... Do I undo it from the actual handle ???
    Bloody thing is annoying the crap out of me... Got a few house jobs done then decided to make the shed into a spray booth for odd jobs... Currently trying to make a bucket seat back to normal cutting up foam but my son is pissed off saying its his bed :\ 3 year olds are crazy

20. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

If you want it out of the drum then you need to disconnect it from the bit inside the drum, then need to smash the fuck out of it as it will defiantly be siezed in the back plate.
    That's why most people just disconnect it from the handbrake lever and pull the cables out the car and leave them in the hubs.