B6ZE Turbo RX7 FC built on my driveway!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stylecase-Adam, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

I was going to just buy another mx5 but seeing your lovely manchine reminded me of 2 things :- they look painfully cool and THAT SOUND!

Super build mate, looking forward to the next stage

2. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

also is that an ek civic spoiler that you've made your rood spoiler out of?

3. Maxim_SC

Maxim_SC Member

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

5. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

Def my favourite map cars the FC. This one is spot on and used well

6. Stylecase-Adam

Thanks man :thumbs: I actually always preferred the look of FD's over the FC's, but now that I own one they have grown on me a little ^^
    Thanks man, next stage should be good! And I nearly bought an mx5 myself few months ago. Insurance turned out more expensive than the fc though?! weird.
    Nope! :cool:
    :thumbs::thumbs::o
    ^^ I love that photo, just got it printed to go on the wall :smokin:
    Thanks mate! Appreciate it

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - U P D A T E 1 7 . 0 2 . 2 0 1 6 - - - -

First of all, I modified my original hydro I made ^^ Found this little katana sword in the attic and put it to good use! :cool:

[​IMG]

Will probably end up somewhere round here, I was going to ditch the original handbrake and just make the hydro look oem-ish and build a center console around it. We'll see later on in the build :smash:

[​IMG]

Then I decided to cut more shit out the bonnet :wack: Going to mount the vent from the bottom and fibreglass it in from the top. Will look miles better imo but first, making it fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is, riveted back on. Edges smoothed, and etch primed, ready to go in with the fibreglass when I get some!

[​IMG]

Started stripping the car for the making of the cage too! Slowly removing the sound deadening on these cold days, it actually makes it come off easier which is nice ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On to fixing some rust, finally decided to fix all the 4 arches round the car as their all looking sorry for themselves. Started at the rear, can't lie I kept bodging this arch all season and everytime a tire would delam the body filler and fibre glass was 100% flying out haha! Here's some pictures of the fixing process !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Stylecase-Adam

Continued...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After welding, the metal shrunk quite a bit more then I expected! Guess it's just something you learn during the process. Some arch rolling and a bit of hammering, sorted it. I just ordered new springs for the back of my HSD's as atm their fully maxed out without collars and can't go any lower. When these come, Ill bop them in and finalize the fitment before smoothing stage :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Lastly, just today I had a go at modifying my own knuckles after reading a lot on forums and such. After all I sprayed them yellow and put them back on. The lock now looks really good but I'm more excited for the faster steering. Looking forward to testing it on track!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I had some spare frames lying around so decided to get some of my favorite pictures from last year printed :euge:

[​IMG]

And to finish off, here's some irrelevant pictures haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Properly cool dude. Be good to see some more 35mm shots! Will this be making an appearance at Spring Matsuri or?

9. rx7bohy

rx7bohy New Member

Are you planning on putting the big side skirts back on that you used last year.

10. haza88

haza88 Active Member

This is the stuff all good skid cars should be made of, not a big budget build but some thing that blood sweet and tears goes into, the out come, many good times and a rude looking Used and abused whip

Fair play mate car looks mental keep it goin

11. Jays36

Jays36 New Member

This build is amazing and the spirit behind it is unreal. Had to sign up just to let you know your doing an excellent job on this FC. I'll be watching this thread closely!

12. Dozzler

Dozzler New Member

I must say this is a quality thread. You're doing fantastic work, i love your style and man those advans are the best looking option by far! Keep up the good work! :D

13. josh3880

josh3880 Member

14. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Really enjoying this thread man, keep up the good work! Although I can't help but feel when framing that picture, you cut off the best bit at the back! lol

15. Stylecase-Adam

Thanks man! ;) And it won't man! :/ Bit too expensive for me and I'll be doing buxton that weekend too. Although I should be down to watch on the saturday.
    Thanks man :thumbs:
    yeah man ^^ Whatever's left of them.
    thanks man! Appreciate the words, thats all I'v always wanted to do with the car. Never wanted to become a lifestyler haha!
    haha that's great to hear man! Thanks for that.
    Thanks ! Always wanted a set of the SA3R's, really like them right now. But never know when I'll change wheels myself. ^^
    SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH FAAAM
    Gotta blame it on the asda manz! They fully cut my wang off when printing the picture! haha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    U P D A T E
    - - - 0 2 . 0 3 . 2 0 1 6 - - -

Bit of a quick update, started smoothing the bonnet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sound deadening pretty much fully out!

[​IMG]

Got my new springs from Driftworks, moving up from 5kgf to 7kgf. To be fair, I was hoping they would get rid of my stupid amount of droop but they didn't. I must have measured something wrong but I basically ended up with the same amount of droop as before haha. Although hopefully harder springs should give less grip and handle better.

(This photo is before I had to droop the spring fully to get back to the height I desired) :cry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished off my hydro, made up all the brackets and actually flipped the handle round as it does feel better in the end.

[​IMG]

Also here's how the rear fitment looks after installing the springs, I'm not sure they still might settle a little.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got my roll cage tubing yesterday too! Put that away for time being as there's not enough time to start fabricating it before buxton.

[​IMG]

Put the seats back in, along with the hydro, fire extinguisher and so on. Left all the trim and carpet as that can all go in after the cage is done and interior sealed and sprayed.

[​IMG]

Lastly I went down to Chris today to give him a hand with the little engine rebuild, hub install and so on! Schedule's a bit tight with both our cars still needing plenty of work before buxton next week! :no: Thanks for reading !

16. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

This build is so awesome. No fucking about. Really like how you repaired the rear arches. Might have to do something similar on mine instead of being a jakey bastard and just using filler haha.

17. KriK4eTo

KriK4eTo New Member

Saw the car @ 2k15 Matsuri looked cool then, now is getting even better. Keep it up, hope we see it soon back in action.
    P.S. Try giving some pre-load on the springs if she is still soft and drop is to much, just my 2p.

18. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

i want this car so bad... dream car... :worthy:

19. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

Yeah crazy cheap insurance.
    Do you have any intentions for more power?

If I was you I'd be tempted by the aggressive port carb/itb option. Some of the old na drag rotorys from aus & nz are just unreal they sound like a two stroke running on angry hornets!

20. J_W97

J_W97 Member

Awesome. What you doing about the filler cracking where the vent joins the bonnet? Or just leaving it be