Where is the scotland jdm scene?!?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Team Rekt, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Team Rekt

Team Rekt New Member

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dave and I have just moved with my girlfriend from Australia to Edinburgh.

In Australia I am right into the JDM and Drift scene, have had all S-Chassis, Supra, Soarer, Rx-7 even bikes etc.

I run a brand called 'Team Rekt' (@team_rekt on instagram) which promotes drifting and the Jap car culture all around the world.

Since I have been here, I have pretty much only seen 3 or 4 JDM cars....an rx8 and two S2k's...

Where are all the imports?? :cry:

Im reaching out on this forum so I can hopefully make some friends, and get to know Edinburgh and the surrounding areas well.

I also am transitioning Team Rekt into a Company here in the U.K. I will be, importing motors, box's, wheels, kits and even whole cars. Mainly RB, JZ, SR and LS motors and boxes as well as turbos, suspension and interior parts etc.

I can't seem to find any good Facebook Sales Pages so I have created one called 'JDM sales U.K.'

I'd love to chat to anyone in the JDM and Drift scene here, so hit me up! :wave:

Cheers,

Dave

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Hit up awesome boss at driftland you'll see japan in scotland.
    Good luck with the company.

3. Team Rekt

Team Rekt New Member

Hey dude, thanks for the reply! Is Awesome Boss his username? I'm going to check out Driftland tomorrow, I think there is an extra practise day on. Do you know if there is much of a street scene here?

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

I think Awesomeboss is the name now for Finalboss.. Finalboss was a drift weekend for inspired Japan style cars. Its on this year I think..

There is a shit ton of decent Japan style (I hate this stupid JDM term now adays) in Scotland.. Like so many, the problem is your in Edinburgh. Where people use buses and trains.

Some Scottish drift cars..

The Hat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

John
    [​IMG]

Barry
    [​IMG]

Fudi
    [​IMG]

There is Dori Labs dudes, Leckie, Jonny mac, just to name a couple, load more tho im sure of it.

#4 mint, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

Well you moved to the right part of the UK. Driftland is really close by to you. I have to drive nearly 12 hours to get there! It's the mecca of drifting in the UK. One of the other (very few) good things I can think of for leaving oz is at least in Scotland you can run your car as low as you want with out the cops pulling you over

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The guy I sold my JZX110 to lives about 10miles from Edinburgh, and he has a badass 1J Supra too.

And while not drifty, a Subaru that not only runs 7sec quarters but destroys everyone on track in Time Attack events lives near by too.

7. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)
    Massive Japanese scene here bud! Most people will still be hiding their imports from the Salt :(
    Of my local friends, I have a UCF10 and an AE86 project, my brother has an S15, mates of mine have S13/14/15 and 350z.

You have a few car shows coming soon, usually a good place to see the best (and unfortunately worst) that the scene has to offer.
    As mentioned, Driftland is just across the Forth Road Bridge, as is Knockhill.

Get yourself on facebook and get asking about!

8. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

GFH Street legal is on this Sunday at Driftland.

9. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Almost sure to be a bmw fest though.

10. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Why the move to SUNNY Edinburgh mate?

As mentioned you are pretty close to the epicentre of UK drifting (I need to make the 9 hour trip sometime this year before I leave)

I am moving to Aus in January so if you could help me get into the drift scene over there in the thread below it would be massively appreciated :)

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/247032-drifting-australia.html

11. mad.matt

12. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

This is true.

13. mad.matt

^Has NOTHING to do with "the scotland jdm scene".
    Put your video(s) in the Drifting Video and Pics Section.

And stop spamming other people's threads up with Ben Klock!

EDIT: Matt hasnt gone mental, I deleted the dick heads posts. :) SteveC200

#13 mad.matt, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
  14. mint

mint touch my fruit

At least he has equal front and rear tyre smoke going on.. :p

15. Team Rekt

Team Rekt New Member

Hey Man!

Thanks for the reply!

I realise I have been here for about a month or so now, and didn't realise a few people had replied to this thread!

I've met a few boys and girls who are into the scene, it's great to see. I've been out at drift land for 3 of the 4 last weekends too!

It sounds like you have good taste in family and friends ;p

16. Team Rekt

Team Rekt New Member

Hey Mate! Thanks for replying to me!

Well, my girlfriend bought her and I two, one way tickets in November, and we landed in March. It is really with the intention of doing as much travelling as we can, but for the first year we will have to save as much as possible to afford to do it.

Whereabouts in Aus are you moving to mate?

17. Team Rekt

Team Rekt New Member

Hey Man!

Thanks for the reply!

I realise I have been here for about a month or so now, and didn't realise a few people had replied to this thread!

I've met a few boys and girls who are into the scene, it's great to see. I've been out at drift land for 3 of the 4 last weekends too!

It sounds like you have good taste in family and friends ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mate! Thanks for replying to me!

Well, my girlfriend bought her and I two, one way tickets in November, and we landed in March. It is really with the intention of doing as much travelling as we can, but for the first year we will have to save as much as possible to afford to do it.

Whereabouts in Aus are you moving to mate?

- - - Updated - - -

I got out there to watch :) A guy off this forum, Ollie, met me for a beer and we became mates! Legendary stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

I am now friends with said fellow, and have been hanging out with him a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the reply mate. I actually was out on track with you boys last weekend in my mate's red compact. Cars look good together!

18. rahulkentonn

rahulkentonn New Member

I didn't know JDM existed in Scotland. I guess it is everywhere :)