NA6CE Roadster number 2.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by m11ler, Jan 2, 2016.

1. m11ler

m11ler Member

So this was my first mx5-

[​IMG]

I sold that a year ago, bought an S14, didn't do that many skids in it, made it look cool, but it wasn't for me to be honest.

[​IMG]

So that got sold and for some strange reason i bought a RenaultSport Clio (BLASPHEMY!).. i owned that for 2 months before realising i couldn't not do drifting, so i ended up buying this little fella for 900 quid, just needed a new clutch.

[​IMG]

All i've done so far is fit an exhaust and manifold, and do some little bits to tidy it up.
    I've also bought some new HSD's, a Nardi & snap off boss, mintfab hubs, exedy clutch, so we just need to fit all that, de-power steering rack and remove air con, and weld the diff.

Oh and i managed to find a cheap Cusco Safety 21 6 point cage, but it's in Japan so that should arrive some time this year..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yeah that's it so far.. considering Lydden (our local) is no longer hosting drift days, we all plan to be doing a lot more travelling this year, hoping to head to some of the circuits up north and would love to give Driftland a bash too.

:thumbs:

#1 m11ler, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Joss

Joss Member

Muucccchhhhh better [emoji41] good to see things are back the way they should be.

Black on black looks pimp.

3. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

Look forward to seeing how you get on with this. Rated your first one.

4. MX5_Fly

MX5_Fly Member

Looks sexy, agree the black on black is very nice!

5. mxdanny_139

mxdanny_139 Member

:thumbs: for the car. When did Lydden stop drift days? What happened?

6. UTTERCUNT

UTTERCUNT New Member

Drifting is too noisy for the council, lydden statement below

We are hugely grateful for the support that the drifting community has shown Lydden Hill Race Circuit, and its team over the past 5+ years. The decision to remove drift track days has been a huge loss to the circuit, and not one we have taken lightly. It was not due to a change in management, or a rebranding of the venue.

The newly enforced noise abatement order, put in place by the local authority, specifies a maximum 100-decibel static and on-track limit, with a 50-decibel property boundary noise limit.

Lydden Hill has always been a staunch supporter of drift, which is why we fought to retain the British Drift Championship and King of Europe Championship, in the face of tough opposition. We are currently working hard on an amicable solution to bring further drift events back to the circuit.

Our aim as a fully licensed UK motorsport facility is to rebuild relationships going forward, so that we can offer an expanded calendar of events for future season to come.

Being able to provide both competition and non-competition drivers a safe and controlled environment – away from public highways - to drive their cars has, and always will be, a top priority.

Finally, our neighbours in Wooton village, Shepherdswell and the surrounding areas are very important to us. Cooperation with them has always helped keep the wheels rolling around our circuit. Please show them the same respect and courtesy you have extended to us.

7. m11ler

m11ler Member

Update:

Roof is shit.. needs a hard top. Fed up of using disposable seat covers on the rare occasions that i do drive it.

Cage turned up from Japan already. Nice work JDMdistro.

Bought a 1.8 diff, prop and shafts. Stronger and slightly longer ratio which i prefer. Chucked that off to Marshall for welding.

Bought some IL Motorsport engine mounts. Had them in my old mx5 and they definitely made a bit of a difference, along with taking up the sag, meaning the sump didn't sit as close to the floor.

Bought some 10mm spacers for mintfab hub clearance.

[​IMG]

Also bought some of those door bushes.. reps of the Garagestar Delrin door bushes made by a fella in the UK, CC designs. The garagestar ones got mad reviews so i'll see how they feel.

[​IMG]

Will stick the new clutch in on Friday along with those door bushes and maybe some other bits if we have time.

Taking my time with this because what's the rush.. not like there's any Lydden days to attend.

Peace.

8. m11ler

m11ler Member

OH look at me forgetting to update my progress thread..

Fitted the above door bushes.. didn't really make that much difference other than the door sounds a bit nicer when it closes now.
    Fitted my HSD's and lowered it.
    Fitted my IL Motorsport engine mounts and also raised the engine for sump safety.
    Fitted the 10mm front spacers.
    Fitted the new clutch.
    Removed all the bits that'll get in the way from fitting the cage, but i want to keep the majority of the interior this time, so pulled up the carpets, removed all sound deadening and then placed the carpets back in.
    Removed the air con and de-powered the steering/looped the lines.
    Removed the front plate and mount thingy.

I'm being pretty slow with this tbh.

Bought some new bits recently too.

Sparco bucket seat, same as my old one.
    JB Fab ultra low seat mounts.
    Driftworks rear camber arms to try and get as close to zero camber as possible whilst also being low.
    Sabelt 3' harness.
    JASS Performance hardtop mounts front and side.

Not really got any photos of the full car as it still looks pretty boring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

Much excite

10. s98rehm

s98rehm Member

This should be good, some tasty bits going on it.

11. Adam.

Adam. Member

Oi Grant your cars alright

12. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Nice things and such

13. m11ler

m11ler Member

Should be alright! Cheers dude

- - - Updated - - -

Who the F are you 2

14. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

My name is Wind Your, and his is Neck In. Nice to meet you.

15. m11ler

m11ler Member

Got a fair bit sorted since the last update, and i'm much happier with how it's sitting now.

Bought some 13x7 -7's and fitted them.
    Fitted my 1.8 welded diff, 1.8 prop and shafts.
    Polybushed the whole rear end, and poly diff mounts too.
    Fitted the Driftworks rear camber arms.
    Fitted the mintfab hubs up front with the DW s13 braided brake lines. (and chucked a rack spacer in each side too)
    Fitted my bucket seat with the JB fab ultralow mounts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't really like how the front wheels sit, so i have bought some 13x8 -6 wheels for the front, to hopefully get a bit of fitment and rim poke, and i'll use the current fronts as skid wheels.

[​IMG]

Still got some other bits to do before Pembrey drift in June. Mainly get Marshall to fit the roll cage, and if i have time, i'll get it properly aligned. Also bought a harness bar, so need to stick that in along with my harness.

Oh and i've fully destroyed the Garage Vary lip on it so i want a OEM one.

That's all for now!

#15 m11ler, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  16. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Looks great appreciate that :thumbs:

Was going to order some of the JB fab mounts for my car to throw a bucket in are they a pain to install or do they go in pretty easy ? cheers

17. m11ler

m11ler Member

They are most definitely a pain in the arse but worth it for the minimal cost of getting a seat nice and low in a 5

18. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Cool ill get some ordered up saves cutting up and messing about with standard rails cheers :thumbs:

19. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

Who did you get the bushes off mate?

20. wallace.jonny

wallace.jonny New Member

What brand of wheels are on the e36? The mx5 looks sweet!