★NIGHTSPEED★ - Nissan Silvia K's

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by r32_doriftoo, Mar 22, 2016.

1. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Hi guys,

just wanted to share my project car with you. After several R32s, two s-bodies and a JZX100 Tourer V I ended up buying another S14 from Japan.

I bought the car with the intention to use it for the summer months and the occasional (as ther're not many unfortunately) drift days over here in Germany.

The car itself came with a few mods on it such as:

-fiberglass wings
    -SSR Kakimoto NG-T wheels in fairly good specs
    -catback exhaust
    -some random coilovers
    -late 90s spec boyracer steering wheel + flamboyant white center console and a plasma cluster
    -pod filter
    -roof wing
    -rear camber arms
    -aftermarket head lights

The body is in a O.K. condition with several scratches and badly rolled rear arches, but that will be sorted soon. Running gear wise she's absolutely spot on.

Anyway here are some pictures straight from the port in late December 2015:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the very first things I did was getting rid of that Vauxhall Nova steering wheel and replaced it with something rather decent:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we drove home from Bremerhaven port I recognized a well known smell which came from the gear box. It turned out to be a baked clutch, which made me replace it with nismo components.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some instagram shizzle:

[​IMG]

I also repainted the inner frames of the headlights in black to achieve more depth behind the plastic cover itself. It turned out pretty well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same with the centre console trim which needed some blackness in its life as well haha. It was a budget job to be fair, I'll redo it as soon as the temperatures get higher.

[​IMG]

tranny back in:

[​IMG]

A few weeks later I ordered a set of SRB Power fiberglasss Navan side skirts. In my opinion they work much better with the rest of the JDM bodykit compared to the original kouki side steps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I sold the fiberglass wings and got myself two used ones of a EU spec model as I prefer the oem look on S14s. Just gotta shave the indicators as they are not relevant for registering the car over here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replaced the oem drivers side seat with a Recaro Speed which will be restored within the next months.

[​IMG]

I'm currently waiting on a set of Work Meisters which I bought from Japan, can barely wait to see them on the car :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now! Suggestions are more than welcome :)

#1 r32_doriftoo, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

YAHS! More JAPAN!

I look forward to seeing how you get on with this buddy :)

3. Doofmeister

Doofmeister Member

haha it's asif our cars are brothers!! Looks awesome man!

4. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

Can you sell me a pair of the kakimotos please. :)

5. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Thanks for your kind words guys :)

@LOKISY: I'll use the Kakimotos as drift wheels I'm afraid as they are pretty rough.

@Doofmeister: sister from another mister, huh? haha :D You'll never go wrong with OEM skirts and such!

Btw, we'll have a drift day within the next two weeks I'll make sure to upload some onboard footage.

6. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Haha I was gonna ask about those Kakimotos!!

7. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Haha, I keep the wheels sorry lads! I'll let you guys know if I ever tempt to sell them.

8. Darenm

Darenm Member

Man this is going in the right direction in all ways love nothing more than a oem s body

Keep up the good work man

9. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Thanks bud, appreciate it :)

To go further with the period correct styling of the car I purchased a BLITZ boost gauge from UpGarage. It took me ages to find a suitable one for a fair price. So yeah, quite happy with this little gem:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Aidan_G

Aidan_G Member

Such a clean car. You shoulve kept the front wings though:rolleyes: dmax tails and navan front bumper wold suit this car with the meisters i think:cool: do you not raped on insurance for driving a rhd car in germany?:confused:

11. gostt

gostt Member

Nice parts around here, Like it a lot. As In France, looks like in Germany, drift days are pretty rare.

I hope one day, it will be as popular as it is in England or Japan!

12. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Well, the clearance of the fenders haven't been that good + the car looked a bit odd with wide fenders up on front and stock fenders with slight pull on the back. In the end I didn't want to ruin the car by cutting perfectly fine rear arches.

Insurance doesn't rape me as they make no difference in lhd and rhd cars over here :)
    If I ever crash the car I will turn it into a navan zenki anyway, it's just a matter of time though haha.

@gostt: Well drifting in Germany is nothing compared to what it is in the UK or Ireland which makes it even harder to progress and keep a constant learning curve but we do our best to enjoy what we love though *insertemotionalcapturehere* :euge:

13. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Hi guys,

haven't put up an update for a while.

Managed to sort a few things on the S14 which included new coilovers (HSD ones which I got from DW :wave:), new pads/discs + sorted a few bits and bobs which annoyed me for a long time like loose bumpers and such haha.

Anyways, went to a local go kart track to have a skid recently. The car performed flawless beside the fact that it needs a 2way asap. The event was held under wet conditions which didn't bother the S14 really for not having a 2way between her legs :nod: The only real problem I figured was a snapped e-brake cable but it'll be replaced with a hydro anyway.

Here are some impressions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A friend of mine was able to capture a pretty sweet slow motion of the "wall tap" which can be seen on our facebook page :)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Nightspeed.HH/videos/967800536674736/[/video]

Next steps gonna be painting the wings, alloy rad an an oil cooler before I attend the next event.

Cheers :wave:

#13 r32_doriftoo, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  14. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Bit of an update:

I gave the car a little clean before I started the prep work of the wings and skirts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started preparing the wings by sanding them down, hope the rattle can job will turn out good in the end haha :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a side note, I was able to show off my not so present wiring skills and made the Blitz Gauge work, yay!

[​IMG]

Last but not least, some pic whoring.

[​IMG]

15. Chrismorfitt

Chrismorfitt New Member

Nice car mate any chance do you have the front fogs and surrounds would you sell them if so ? Post to the UK ?

16. zacharyo

zacharyo Member

Man the jdm rear is just so nice!

17. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Thanks guys :)

Unfortunately not, I'm on the hunt as well. Have you tried croooober/jesse streeter or yahoo yet?

18. Chrismorfitt

Chrismorfitt New Member

No not tryed them there hard to come by over here in the uk and some places won't send them

19. NoelB

NoelB Member

This has bags of potential. So period correct. Nice one

20. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

I'd suggest to contact jesse streeter as the fogs pop up quite frequently up on crooooober or yahoo.

This might help you out:

Streeter Corporation

S14ã®ãƒ‘ーツを探㙠| カー用å“ã€è»Šãƒ‘ーツã®é€šè²©ãªã‚‰ | Croooober(クルーãƒãƒ¼)

@NoelB: Period correctness is exactly what I'm aiming for, thanks a lot really appreciate it!