Isle of wight drifters

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by identiti, Aug 28, 2016.

1. identiti

identiti Member

Hey all, im looking to get back into the scene as i have just bought another car "r32 gtst"
    Im currently living on the Isle of wight and have been to a few drift nights at ringwood matchams so just looking to see if there are many peeps into it on the iow/Hampshire

Cheers

[​IMG]

2. s14south

s14south Member

nice r32! im in southampton ive got a moredoor r33, also looking to get into the scene. you on insta?

3. identiti

identiti Member

Cheers mate! Nice always had a soft spot for the 4 door 33's. My Instagram - adam_pom86

4. Gus-s14

Gus-s14 New Member

The r33 4 door, the bright green one??

5. s14south

s14south Member

just gave you a follow :thumbs: im @hyper_lime if you or anyone wanna follow back

yup thats the one mate, what you got?

6. lower class

lower class Member

Hello mate i'm in eastleigh. Have been getting into it over the last year or so. Got myself rb powered s14a but s body life has taken over and i seem to be spending most of the time under it rather than in it doing skids :cry: Still its nearly there :thumbs:
    What did you think of matchams? i've not been there as don't really fancy the ring and have heard the drift track they've got there is pretty pot holey and has broken many a half shaft. is that still the case?

7. identiti

identiti Member

Hi bud nice one. What rb have u got in it? The bottom line with matchams is it is rough at the top of the track, so I don't normally drift that section but the bottom is smooth enough.
    You get loads of seat time and it's very cheap around £25 for 3 hours driving so essentially u get what you pay for.
    I'm looking to do smeartharpe & pod during this winter too.

8. lower class

lower class Member

Ah its worth a look then. Might try and pop down to the next one, every time i say this ill have the car in bits by the time it comes around!!:wack:
    Can't moan at £25 and its just up the road!(compared to the others) Ill be trying to get to pod in November. Didnt know about smeartharp, looks quite decent from the little info i could find....lol

I got a 25 in there btw dude

9. identiti

identiti Member

Yeah it's worth a look. Ah that's normal Nissan ownership!
    Yeah I'm looking at pod in November which will be my first in my car.
    I went up a few years back in a friends ae86 which was fun but didn't get onto the big track so would be good to get onto that.

10. Tommoore99

Tommoore99 Member

I live in Cadnam near Southampton and have a 14a. All of my mates have 13's and one has an r33 and regularly go to pod and gunna do the next rockingham infield day. Matchams has recently had all the pot holes filled apparently but haven't tried it yet as I folded up a steering arm last time I was there

11. identiti

identiti Member

Cool I'm looking at doing the next smeartharpe drift day in Oct with my 32 then hopefully going to pod in November.
    They had filled the pot holes in at matchams but others have appeared now unfortunately.
    Shame if it had a decent surface it would be a fun little track.