Road to Driftcup... S13 Build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by kingzy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Saddened

Saddened Member

looks sick, the Black/red contrast will be amazing

2. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Sounds like a sweet combo :)

Unfortunately mine never got finished, Long story short I got bored of building it and bought a s14a for daily and a bit of fun, blew it up and rebuilt that by selling all the s13 parts and shell, big mistake :(

Currently moving to Sydney where I hope to buy a Type X as soon as I possibly can afford to! lol

3. kingzy

kingzy Member

Ahh sounds good man! There is life beyond S-Bodies after all haha! Sounds awesome man, Type X will always be my favourite look for an S13. Cannot wait to fit my Kouki Kit and lights soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks alot mate! I hope so! Had the colours in my mind for a long time! Always loved black S-Bodies.

4. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Will look sick all kouki'd up :)

5. Saddened

Saddened Member

Mine will be something between silver and grey. All through. Was thingking about painted inside and engine bay in another color but can't decide on which plus I am keeping the panels and interior in the car, so it won't pop. Painted engine bays look too "boy racer" sometimes too with crazy colors. I will keep it simple.

6. kingzy

kingzy Member

Definitely mate! That sounds good, I'm a thorough believer in less is more! And subtle colours can work really well, I'm not putting an awful lot of interior back in I don't think, but I'll see when the time comes! I always wanted black and red, so figured I would go engine bay all the way back, as I wanted it to stand out just a bit when the bonnet is up at a show or event or whatever, I'm sure you'll figure it all out and it will look great none the less! Colours are all down to personal preferences so just go with your gut instinct! Took me a while to decide on a colour but just go for it mate honestly haha!

7. Saddened

Saddened Member

looks awesome, no denying that

good luck on everything else
    If you will be selling any of the trim pieces (ceiling upholstry, door window seals and some other bits) I am interested.

8. kingzy

kingzy Member

Thanks mate! Same to you, and unfortunately some trim panels are already spoken for, but if you're after quite a lot then just drop me a message or I'll gather it all up and let you know what I have left!

9. kingzy

kingzy Member

Few updates, took the front subframe off to have the engine bay painted. Simple enough job as I had previously cracked off all the bolts and copper greased them, so came out like a dreamboat!

[​IMG][/URL]

Received my 320mm Front Discs and bracket for S14 Calipers courtesy of Slide Motorsport, think they may be big enough!

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

Also received my Polycarbonate window kit from Anthony Galvin, no pictures of those at the moment though!

Most recently, the engine bay is in Primer! Been flatted down, and filled in any chips/dents in with putty, flatted down again and now ready to go red to match the interior!

[​IMG][/URL]

Its nice to have it all one colour, even if it is only primer! Cant wait for the finished colour.

With it coming up to Christmas now, unfortunately priorities have to divert away from ordering expensive car parts for a month or so (Boo Hoo...) however I'm hoping Santa may bring some shiny parts for me, we shall see!

#29 kingzy, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  10. kingzy

kingzy Member

Okay... Update time!

First of all, I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas! I know I did and I'm very fortunate with what Santa brought down my chimney.

The engine bay is now matching with the inside! It looks awesome, I'm super pleased with how it came out!

[​IMG][/URL]

It's a bit dusty, needs a wipe down and then i'll get some proper pictures, you cant see any flake in that picture but it is there!

Now moving on to the last job that needs to be done before it can finally come home, underseal! My last few trips to Diss have just consisted of me taking all the old underseal off with a wire wheel with the subframes off...Horrible job!! I never want to do it again haha!

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

I went front to rear - with both subframes off, in all the front and rear arches and got all the old crap off. Safe to say I came home VERY messy a couple times...

But... as of today (29th December) the new underseal/stone chip finally went on! Boy It looks absolutely stunning underneath now! It really transforms the underside, and makes the car look so much cleaner, I cant get over it!

[​IMG][/URL]

I'll get better pictures soon, but everywhere is undersealed now, which is the last major job now done! Which also means that the car can finally come home to be put back together! I may even be picking it up this Saturday (31st) which is also my Birthday, would be a legit present having my car back home finally! Nothing finalised by we shall see!

Oh and also my DMAX Bonnet finally turned up on the 23rd December, an original 3-4 weeks turned into a 5 month wait, but it is finally here and looks sweet as fuck! Cant wait to fit it and the aerocatches soon!

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

Incoming Christmas/birthday present posts...

Before anyone thinks I'm being one of them cunts just showing off what I got for christmas then I'm really not trying too... I know I am very lucky and appreciate my gifts very much, but I'm purely uploading them as they are bits for the build, as if I've bought them myself... So here goes...

PBM Gear Knob (matches Hydro)

[​IMG][/URL]

PBM Hydro Handbrake with Wilwood .75 Remote Reservoir MC

[​IMG][/URL]

Ryan Tuerck Hoodie + Signed Poster (fanboy alert...)

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]

Sliders for my Perspex Windows and some Titan Wheel bolts in black

[​IMG][/URL]

Axle Stands and Microfibre's

[​IMG][/URL]

PBM Super Angle Knuckles :worthy:

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]

So that's what Santa brought me for Xmas and birthday, cannot wait to start fitting parts ASAP and hit 2017 hard with this!

#30 kingzy, Dec 29, 2016
  11. kingzy

kingzy Member

Also forgot to say... Got bored one evening at work and decided to mount some part worns to my N5R's - Cant argue with free tyres, plus having the shell movable is ideal! May of robbed someones butter from the upstairs fridge to seal the bead... woops! :thumbs:

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]

:wave:

#31 kingzy, Dec 29, 2016
  12. Leno

Leno Member

Sick build man, interested to see how it turns out!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

13. kingzy

kingzy Member

Thanks mate! Appreciate that!

14. driftbouli49

driftbouli49 New Member

15. matt.handley01

matt.handley01 New Member

This build looks amazing!! Just started my first s13 build, looking forward to seeing what the wheels look like on the car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

16. kingzy

kingzy Member

Thanks mate! So am I haha! awesome! Keep at it mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man!

17. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Interesting build dude, although I am curious...
    Isn't it a bit excessive for a starter car? You did call yourself a newbie after all...

Are you planning on getting something cheap and cheerful to learn the basics in, as it'd be really shit if you accidentally bumped it and ruined all your hard work...
    Not trying to be rude, just wondering what your plans are.

Keep it up though man, should look sweet when it's done. Love Type X aero

#37 TheHouse, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  18. Turbo Lee

Turbo Lee Member

Great thread mate, keep it going! Im about to commence my S13 build, its soo nice to have support, ideas etc from other peoples builds/experiences...

Lee

19. kingzy

kingzy Member

I knew it would cause controversy! And to answer your question I totally agree haha! It's alot to take on for a 'beginner's' car, however it never really planned out that way, original plan was to just get it through an MOT and on the road, basic mods and have some fun but with finding so many holes in the shell and the engine being so low on compression, it seemed an ideal time for me to learn and do something I've wanted to do for a long time! For me also its alot about the fact I have pretty much taken the car back to a bare shell, and I figured if I got that far then why half ass it? It just seemed too much effort to go to to then put together a cheaply made and shit car. I have had SOME seat time in a drift car before, so the plan is to put together a decent spec car, and make it so I can just literally drive and improve as much as I can really, and like I said Im so keen to learn and improve my skills, so it kind of makes sense I guess? (Dont think my wallet agree's) also to sound completely gay YOLO to a certain extent haha!

But yeah I will probably end up buying a beater to practise in! Don't see it as rude at all man, I was kind of expecting it to be honest! Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate! Oh really? Awesome! I'd be keen to see it! I love watching other peoples threads and learning aswell as getting motivation and inspiration!

20. kingzy

kingzy Member

Okay small update:

Adam came through massively and I got the car delivered back home on sunday 31st December (Coincidentally my 20th Birthday) so that was a pretty cool present!

It's squeezed into its new home and I've started the big task of piecing her back together slowly...

Mounted the Kouki Lights and spoiler, immediately add's a factor or beauty... (Wing proving to be a good coaster for my Driftworks mug...:thumbs:)

[​IMG]

Also began to see how the kouki kit would sit so propped it up with some wood, I'm going to properly mount everything soon! Super stoked, gets me hyped!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most recent... Unbolted the old bonnet from the hinges, and bolted the DMAX bonnet on, looks amazing and the fitment is actually not bad, it needs to be raised but that will be done when I mount the Aerocatches (not looking forward to cutting the bonnet...) and I also need to find the original small rubber bonnet supports that i removed ages ago which will help it height wise!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So the plans for the near future are to mount the aerocatches, cut the dash to fit around the cage, then I'm going to clean the interior and paint the cage black, mount the body panels etc etc. So more updates soon!

#40 kingzy, Jan 5, 2017