Not so N/A S13 anymore...

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Bu11et, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Threadmark: Wangan Wing fitting
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Today I had a little mess in between working nights, fixed the lights issue, turned out there was a loose wire behind the radio that must have been shorting the interior light fuse, taped that up and all working

Then also fitted something I've been meaning to for a while now... The colour is wrong like the rest of the car, but it's getting painted early next year anyway so not overly fussed at the mo... Let me know what you guys think...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

I'm sure she'll come round eventually haha!

Get yourself a cheap BMW or something man, don't miss out on seat time!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

3. milsom93

milsom93 Member

Never thought I'd see a build thread from you Charlie, but love it! Once coilovers are on it will look lovely. Are you sticking with facelift front bumper?

Looking forward to its debut at Teeside with us.

This! Come play out with us Jake [emoji51]

4. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Looking good so far! I have the perfect bumper lip to go with that wing :).

[​IMG]

#24 Dirk Jan, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Ye man think so, maybe try find a nice clean one though rather than this battered one haha!

Teesside a week tomorrow, exciting!

Haha do ya now? What sort of price you looking for it?

Charlie

6. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

7. milsom93

milsom93 Member

Got my old black shark nose you can have for nothing mate but it's been cut for my front mount

8. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

Byba Kits from Cardiff, South Wales sells those bumper lips too. They look really nice

9. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

But mine is genuine :O.

10. Threadmark: New Coilovers
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

So just before Christmas the missus surprised me with HSDs

Finally got round to fitting them over the past 2 days on my break at work

It's awesome as we have a multi story car park, and I work shifts, so as the past 2 days have been bank holidays, it's been empty and I can park wherever I want! [​IMG]

This is what my old coilovers look like(These are for sale if anybody is interested, PM me) [​IMG]

And this is a comparison of the shiny new HSDs and the old Cusco fronts[​IMG]

Not made it super low yet as need to tuck the exhaust, hammer rear arch lips flat and fit new front wings and tyres first, but this is the final result[​IMG][​IMG]

Just a few more bits to do before Teesside at NYE, I can't wait! Super excited to get back on track in a fun car

11. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Im on the lookout for some stock S13 front wings that are not rusty and not bent(ie good straight wings)
    Also on the lookout for a subtle rear bumper/spats that give a bit of depth but not aggressive?

Need them asap really so I can get the car painted

12. Threadmark: First Drift Day in the new rig
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Teesside yday was mega!!

Car performed flawlessly and the only problem all day was the backbox of my exhaust fell off and the centre hanger snapped so had to replace that and stop the exhaust dragging on the floor(Huge thanks to the missus and Lee) [​IMG]

Then I also managed to acquire a pair of 25mm spacers for the front, which gave me a bit wider front and the wheels sitting flusher with the wings [​IMG]

Car currently needs a few little bits... Mainly when transitioning, sometimes the steering seems to stop in the centre for a second(like its stuck?) before continuing to counter steer... No idea what this could be so gonna have a good check of all the arms etc and make sure everything is tight etc....

Also got a pre-facelift front bumper and splitter so will be fitting that shortly... [​IMG]

More updates to come...

13. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Also the missus got a video of me in the morning on West track

#33 Bu11et, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  14. milsom93

milsom93 Member

Was in stitches yesterday when you drove past with your exhaust in your hands mate.

You drove the shit out of this which was really good to see

15. Gooly

Gooly Member

Looking really good, sits nice now as well!

16. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Hahah mate honestly, finished the run and heard this scraping, so looked and saw it hanging there like doh!!! Hahaha

So fun to drive!
    Cheers man! Changing the front tyres from 205/45/16 to 195/50/16 and also with the pre-facelift bumper fitted and lowered a bit at the front and rear it'll look loads better!

17. Threadmark: pre-facelift bumper fitted
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

A few more pictures I've found from Teesside on Saturday...

Heading up the hill on West Track[​IMG]

Coming down the hill on West Track in 3rd[​IMG]

Seems the little DE smokes up the 16s aswell![​IMG]

Also got round to fitting the pre-facelift bumper today... Need to get my new exhaust made up and then I can lower the car a bit all round.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Can't wait to get it all painted one colour!

18. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Got a GoPro off a mate and went for a quick test drive to test positions, here's a quick video, I think the position needs to go more central as this currently sits where the passengers head goes:

Also over the past few months me and the missus(mainly the missus) have been buying these Avengers characters with wobbly heads, finally stuck most of them to the dash, just a few more to arrive and it'll be done [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Threadmark: New Front Tyres
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Not much going on at the mo, got Pod booked for the 8th Feb and a few bits to do before then...

Managed to get a pair of NS2's in 195/50/16 and fitted upfront, I've ran these on my past few cars and absolutely love them! Ace tyres for the money and have never understeered with them, even in the wet! Will be nice and grippy now and I won't have to worry about where the car is heading [​IMG][​IMG]

Need to change the diff before Pod, got a 3:9 Welder to throw in for the time being, seen as my 4:4 has shat itself which is no use [emoji20]

Also if I can, I want to get a gearbox oil change done as well, as I've got some Lightweight Shockproof stuff

Then just a nut and bolt check for the long haul down to Pod(3 Hours... Urgh)

I shall provide more updates next week

20. Threadmark: Santa Pod drifting
    Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Finally got the car all prepped for Pod! Luckily managed to find a 4.1 from a friend so wacked that in.... [​IMG]

Also obviously put some pre-drift day stickers on as well [​IMG]

Then we set off on the 3 n half hour drive south(such a bore! Especially since the diff was whining like the wife when the dishes haven't been done ), arrived at our hotel for the night and chilled out with some pizza and kebabs [​IMG]

Arrived at Pod and got all setup, went to briefing etc, and then got into it, this was a day for me to mainly spend teaching the missus to drift whilst putting in a few laps here and there.... She did very well, next time she'll be nailing them corners

Got some on board footage of my only decent run on the main track at Pod, track was super sketchy and the car wasn't driving great unfortunately(barely self-centered so 95% of it had to be done by hand)

Also got a few pics from the day from BP ??[​IMG]
    Chasing down an E36 sporting the STL HM Body kit... [​IMG][​IMG]

Now a small list to sort out, add some castor into the mix to hopefully sort out the countersteering issue, raise the exhaust and a few other small bits....

Till next time peeps

#40 Bu11et, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017