Newby Advice Needed!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Joe_1990, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Joe_1990

Joe_1990 New Member

Hey guys, need some advice please!

I am new in the drifting world and need some advice on a car, i wanted to get a 350z but think this might be abit daft as a first drift car. I need something that i can use as a daily and take to the track/somewhere to practice, i am thinking 350z or E46 330i?

#1 Joe_1990, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. TuJ

TuJ New Member

I'm new to the game too bud best i've read for reliable and low cost is the E46 options you mention.

Good luck where abouts are you located?

TuJ

3. Joe_1990

Joe_1990 New Member

Cheers bud, i just like the look of the Z better ha ha

I'm Warwickshire, Hinckley, Nuneaton area. You?

4. TuJ

TuJ New Member

Yes just gotta remember the car will get beaten, no one begins a good drifter you have to learn the car and doing this causes crashes. Best to learn in a beater than spend out on something mint and then crash it.

I'm located Cambridge area trying to find some people down my way as I am completely new to this!

5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

BMW is the better of the two options, but 350z is absolutely fine too. Replacement parts might be more expensive but if you're prepared for that then all good.

Just don't think that because you're hitting stuff while you're learning that you are learning. If you do ding it, take some time to consider what went wrong. If you're drawing a blank, throw a post up here explaining what happened here, there are plenty of people that can help.

6. Joe_1990

Joe_1990 New Member

Thanks guys appreciate it!