Slowly Slowly SRFC

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by J90-DUN, Jun 8, 2013.

1. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

So the car was delivered back to me on Friday as arranged. On getting the car back I was pretty pleased. However there were a few issue I wasn’t to happy about.

Firstly the boot from my steering boss was missing, not the end of the world but mildly irritating.
    What was quite a lot more irritating was the fact there was quite a decent sized dent in my roof. which appeared to be caused by a stray tube from the inside.

[​IMG]

This is not a huge problem for me as the roof was going to need attention anyway as I had filled the sunroof, But if this had not been the case, I would have been rather more farked off. It’s the principal it’s not really on to damage someone’s car when trying to rectify previous mistakes of which there were several and not fix or even inform me of it until the car was delivered.

Another bone of contention which actually later made things a bit easier was this.
    [​IMG]

Measure twice cut once? But as I said it did become when it came to removing the turret supports for final welding however it is another job for me to sort out.

So the (long storey) was over and I was glad to have the car back.

Ned with his cage face on. He was never too keen on the cage I had for him in my old van ha.

[​IMG]

I began deconstructing the necessary bits of the cage to get at the top for welding and dropped the front legs through the floor which enable me to pull the whole thing forward and gain access to the top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting the top of the cage welded up I started on the rest. It didn’t take me long to get the hump with this process. I was never able to get comfortable and produce welds I was happy with.
    Got to a point where I just thought fark it if it’s clued it’s clued!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I still need to finish up the main hoop/prop supports and the door bars. I will have to make up some gussets for the door bars and maybe add a lower sill bar in the future if the car is to be used in competition.

#61 J90-DUN, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Looking good dude. This is why I hate out outsourcing work, shitter about the bodgy bits.

3. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Thanks man.
    Yeah I try to avoid it where I can. Not keen on paying somone to do somthing I can do myself unfortuneatly making a cage is not one of those things at the moment.

4. simo1

simo1 Member

Nice build dude. will be keeping an eye on this, was toying with the idea of Sring mine but stuck with 13b.

5. Marg

Marg Member

More updates son??

6. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Marg you know full well where its at lol. Used to write the updates on my night shifts no longer do nights so no updates

7. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

There has been some significant progress on the FC I will try and fire up some updates soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Forget the update just realised photobucket have fucked all the photos off. Cant be bothered dealing with all that

9. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

It's really easy to upload photos directly now. You can click edit on each post and we host the image permanently.

10. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Thanks man that's cool. Now im over my anger with Photobucket I may try go back over it an upload the pics that I can find and do a little update soon.