Keeve's Lowstyle S13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by prblmslvrs, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

I'd literally kill for minervas. Just bought Meister SP1's, but these are the dream wheel.

2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

They are high offset though - compared to people fitting low offset 9.5's ;)

Regardless, Keeve new wheels are sick

3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Depending on how extended the LCA's will be the 10's will be effectively sitting at around 0 which makes it even more mental on factory steel.

Lookg forward to seeing a rear shot of the 11s tyred & fitted and it on the floor

• Like Like x 1
  4. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

SP1’s were on the list of wheels I was planning also. Just couldn’t find any well specced ones in Japan!

Ayyy cheers Charlie. Looking forward to seeing where yours goes.
    My chrome 9.5’s were effectively et6-8 tucking with spacers . A lot of what I see with overs have spacers too haha.

5. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Gotta love the stock body and wheels effort. Can't wait to see them fully built up!

6. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Haha nobody wants to buy my wheels so I think its just gonna be a case of change the spoiler and drive it more aggressively? I dno haha

7. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

So I managed to get home at the start of this month and start getting shit sorted for 2018.

Got home the Thursday night, jacked my coilovers up in darkness and a head torch. Dropped it off at the MOT centre. I then had some time to kill so got stuck in with the wheels with the grinder again.

IMG_1195.JPG

Got all the wheels built up sealed and ready for tyres.

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1202.

Got the car back from MOT but it was not a great success. Few thing that I had fucked up with not having time to give it a good going over first. Plate positioning, some lights were disconnected and my chassis rail patch wasn't sufficient at the fuel rails.

Also the bastarding alternator decided to die on me 5 minutes from my house.

IMG_1201.

Lucky the old boy was on hand to jump me and I just belted home before it cut out on the way up my drive.

Also, as part of my "Killing time with the car in the MOT station" I picked up this from a mate.

IMG_1197.

Got the bumper extensions and lip coming from profitkits in Ireland and then i'll get it all painted and fitted!

Went and got my tyres put on (or I put them on I should say with the amount of hassle the tyre place had) then got to test fitting.

IMG_1209.

After a few efforts I got them sitting almost how I wanted them (Keep in mind these are 11J and thats still stock metal.)

IMG_1218.

IMG_1219.

I knew I needed to adjust the camber in to get them fitting proper but decided to just go full low and drop it down. Then when I jacked it back up this happened.

IMG_1226.

Relatively annoyed but i mean i just cut out the old inner lip and now I just need to skim over a bit of filler and have plenty red paint to touch it up with.

At this point I just gave up and decided to leave it as it is and get some proper pictures of it on all 4's.

IMG_1231.
    IMG_1230.
    IMG_1244. IMG_1238.

IMG_1227.
    IMG_1228.

Looks alright but I need some longer front LCA's (got some coming from Dan at Destroy.) to get it lower on the front and hopefully be able to get the rear lower from some more adjustments.

I did come into one issue though that I had been paranoid about for ages calculating the specs.

IMG_1261.

Inner barrel was fouling the LCA. Annoyingly I checked the NS and there was loads of room, on the OS (non crashed side) there wasn't any dent in the LCA so it fouled. Quick run over with the angle grinder and file fixed it though.

So thats where I am with this now. Hopefully get back up north to MOT it soon and get a new alternator put on.

I'd been leaving the car with the VSXX's on but coming back to it this time I realised just how fucked they were getting, so gave them a good ol clean and got them locked away now.

IMG_1270.

Combined with the MOT ride height the cars looking pretty hilarious as-is.
    IMG_1300.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

Keeve's the fucking boy. Looks sick dude.

9. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the car like this? with stock wheels and hugely widened rear arches etc? hahaha

10. misterjake

misterjake Member

couldnt resist.

looks right with the new wheels tho

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

Haha yeah lads came like that as I didn't want the Enkei's the previous owner had it on.

So I got home for a weekend to try and put it through its MOT.

First up was to sort out the alternator.

IMG_1736.

After doing what I thought would be a nightmare job with all the shit thats normally in the way, done it in about 20 minutes.

Then....

IMG_1737.

Of course it wasn't the alternator at fault so I had the joys of trying to hunt down the short.

At this point I got stressed AF and stopped taking photos but with the help of Norfy we got to the bottom of it being the main fuse. Few red herrings such as an alternator ground wire being painted and a few other things to make me think it was sorted but wasnt.
    Had to locate a 75amp fuse on a Sunday before the MOT on Monday. Not really ideal. One of the lads up north offered his to get me to the MOT centre but when I got it it had been soldered so I wasn't a fan of starting a loom fire if there was anything causing the short.

Managed to find a Micra in a scrappies that had an 80amp fuse, which broke as I was pulling it out. So me and my dad spent about 30 minutes fiddling like fuck trying to solder it across the fusebox blades then finally getting it soldered in the old fuse cut in half.

Always had issues with my Downpipe hangar and it was down as a fail on MOT so I managed to make up this bracket from off the shelf parts because I always end up welding something on then breaking it off somehow.

IMG_1753.

Sold my pignose so I wanted to get it off and the Kouki on so I didn't have to rush on Monday before my flight.

IMG_1738.
    OEM Kouki bumper fitting fantastically with ProFitKits Ireland spats and lip.

IMG_1744.

Cut the plate recess for air flow, can imagine a lot of people swearing at me for cutting up a brand new Nissan 180 bumper...

IMG_1745.

Especially when I cut it too much...
    Also I fitted some M6 clip nuts and stainless bolts as it was a pain in the arse removing my plate on the pignose with normal spreaders in the back. - Started plastic welding back in the excess that I had cut.

Monday arrives....

IMG_1758.

No Advisories past missing rear/passenger seat. Stoked as fuck cause that means that I can arrange to get it driven down south and start driving at events without flying to Inverness.

Since I had a few hours to spare I managed to get the coilovers back down to a decent height then vogue the bitch.

IMG_1766.

IMG_1769.

IMG_1762.

IMG_1764.

IMG_1766.

As cool as it was to see it with the Kouki front and the Minervas an old problem came back up.

IMG_1772.

Flap disc back out and saw to that.

IMG_1774.

And back onto the standard wheels to deal with the Highland weather til I get it down south.

IMG_1776.

IMG_1777.

12. s13silvia

s13silvia doughnut muncher

Where abouts in ness are you?! Never seen this about!

13. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

Holm pretty much. Was my daily up until a years ago or so when I moved to London, now it just goes from the house to the track.

14. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

People will say it's photoshopped lol

15. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

I wish I didn’t have massive tyres on the front to see how it would look on well sized 16’s Haha

16. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

I loved it on the old Impuls. They would have looked sick with new dishes!

17. Magic21

Magic21 Active Member

Loving this build

18. s13silvia

s13silvia doughnut muncher

Ha cool! Which track do you tend to drive it at? Shame it's not being used on the streets anymore it's a cool looking motor. I've got a burgundy Z32 and a wee micra SR20 so if you see either rocking about feel free to flag me down!

19. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Try mine on big boiiiii - may need some spacers for out back though!

20. Faheem

Faheem Member

Where did you buy the kouki bumper from ???