Danish summer 200SX S13 Kouki "Type X"

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Jyttah, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Threadmark: https://billeder.bazoom.dk/biler/album/467/xl/2333929/projektbilen-nissan-200sx-s13-ca18det.jpg
    Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Many years i've had a 200SX S13 with swapped SR20. Unfortunally i had to sell it because of lacking money, to much rust, and myself being an idiot with tools and had to let everybody else work on my car as i cant do it myself. From that point i told my self that ill never get an old car again as im to stupid to work on it.

nissan-200sx-s13-med-sr20det.

But... After 5 years, shit changed! I mean, im still an idiot with working on cars, but i bought another 200SX S13. Price was good, HSD Coilovers and Driftworks Radiator was included. Engine pretty much stock - Just the way i like it. Only problem was... It was taken totally apart and had some rust fixed. The quality of this rustwork was not what i wanted, so it had to be redone. But again the whole car have to go through a complete renovation with thanks to my vallet and friends.

projektbilen___.

I got the car jacked up, and started taking the subframes out. It was in worse condition than i expected, but it'll still work fine with new bushings and some powdercoating.
    Old bushings was removed. Last time im doing that without proper tools. Took me about 3 weeks on and off...
    projektbilen___.

But the final result is kinda satisfying.
    projektbilen___.
    As of now, im waiting for a price to get these parts powdercoated.

I figured that ill go classic JDM on this car. So of course i ordered this:
    projektbilen___.
    Opening it up i figured that the only shipped half of the bodykit, but included a small gift. Wich i LOVED!
    projektbilen___.

The rest of the package looked like this:
    projektbilen___.
    I know i was missing some things, but they came in another package 3 days later. Didnt take any pictures of that one.

I just had to mount it instantly to see the fitment.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    I would absolutely give it a 9,7/10 in fitment.

But whats a Type X bodykit without Kouki rear lights??
    Ordered these from a Nissan Dealer in US of A. Fucking expensive, but i dont care. I dont want to be greedy on that :D
    projektbilen___.

And also got the wheels to match the rest of the car:
    projektbilen___.

And yes. It looks fucking perfect!
    projektbilen___.

First when i told my wife i went to look at a weekend/summer car, she thought i was crazy. When she saw it was taken totally apart. She knew i was crazy :D But luckily she supports my stupid choises.

Im not working fast on this car, so it might take months in between updates.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Short after i bought the car, my friend and a fantastic photographer came by to approve the machine.
    At the same time he did some magic with the camera.
    19274790_484344161900403_6882307167039982921_n.
    19396999_484344151900404_2452852017002994909_n.
    19399025_484344158567070_6235580497742374262_n.
    19366582_484344198567066_8456114860865077447_n.

If you like the pictures, then follow his page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/peterfalkphotofactory/

3. vJaaack

vJaaack Member

Should be rather sweet when it gets some paint on it!

What's the plans with the CA?

4. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

At this point, none. I wanna finish the suspention, rust, interior and paint first. But i've thought about keeping it stock, but with FMIC and another exhaust as the rules in Denmark is pretty strict. Not even an open air-filter is legal and gives pretty big fines if youre stopped by police. But i would love to throw a Disco-potato on it and throw in new bearings all over. but its up to my mechanic to figure out exactly what to do ;)

5. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Time for a small update.
    A few weeks back, i went to the local powdercoating company with some parts and i picked them up yesterday. So after a long days work, i got most of the subframe finished. Just missing new bolts and nuts all around and waiting for the front ball joints to arrive. (for some reason i needed S14 ball joints in the front)

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

Bushings was installed and i cant wait to get it back under the car again.

Even though, the list of stuff to do is really long, and the time is limited. But im not in a hurry to get it finished.

On top of all this, i got a small sample of the color i want paint the car in
    projektbilen___.

My steering rack, axles and diff was thrown off at a friend hoping he would check everything is as it should be, and make them look pretty.
    projektbilen___.

6. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

keep up the good work, your garage is huge !!

7. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Thanks. But its not my garage. Its at my work where i can use the space as i want. It has some perks to be a warehouse manager :)

8. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

So...

A small update.
    Got most of the subframe put back together, just missing aome ball joints for the front as the ones i bought didnt fit.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

On top of it all. I've got some widebody goodness
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

On the right spoon you can see the color im thinking about painting it in (And yes its nidnight purple, LP2):
    projektbilen___.
    I would really apreciate if you too 30 seconds of your time and like this pictures on facebook. Its giving me a change to win some paint for this car.

9. Jaaniusss

Jaaniusss New Member

That purple would look amazing, also liked the photo! ;)

10. Trinkz

Trinkz Member

impresive work. keep it up

11. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

more please

12. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

So... A small update. Work has been killing me, so didnt have that much time to go nuts.

The subframe is mounted. But waiting for a m12 1.25 die so i can remove some powdercoating from a few threads.
    projektbilen___.
    Looks pretty good.

In this weekend i installed my steering rack with new bushings all around.
    projektbilen___.

projektbilen___.

My OCD went crazy with the gearbox bushing being orange and not red as the rest of my bushings. I need to change this in the future. But for now it will work.
    projektbilen___.

• Like Like x 1
  13. shabby.fx

shabby.fx Member

wheres the rest, :( i was really enjoying the read, keep it up my good man

14. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Well. Bad news.

Somebody in the company where i have the car wasnt to happy about the amount of stuff taking up space. So i have to find another place to park it.
    Good thing is that i planned to be out of here by december and get the car transported to a friend of mine that has to do most of the stuff on the car.

I installed all of the interior so we could get as much stuff inside the car as possible. But the pictures speak for itself.

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

So this weekend it has to be transported around 200km away where my friend can start to strip it down and weld everything so its spotless.

15. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Well. Yesterday was the day the car was removed from my work.
    It took a bit of planning to get everything packed up in the cars. But got almost everthing in one go.

The car was wrapped in plastic because of the missing windows. And the weather in Denmark in the fall is pretty bad with wind and rain. (just like the summer in the UK :D )

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

Ofc my friend had to fit the Kouki wing to my daily driver. And it kinda fits :D
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.

Anyway. A few days before my friend, Peter Falk, came by to do some magic with his camera.
    Personally it looks like something out of Need For Speed. And i love it!

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___. projektbilen___. projektbilen___.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

So...

Nothing much has happend the last month or so... But, i did get a Parcel shelf for cheap.

My friend started taking the CA18DET apart, and everything looks pretty good.

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    The plans so far for the CA18DET is just to go through everything, new gaskets, oil/waterpump and make sure it works perfectly.
    I dont care to much about extra power, id rather have a reliable car for the summermonths. And using the wintermonths to improve :D

Nice to have would be topmount turbo
    new turbo
    custommade intercooler piping
    custommade exhaust. Love the look of this one:
    primal-garage-13.

Ofc i had to get the right accessories. So after a trip on Ebay, i got these 2 bags:
    projektbilen___.

And i kept the best part for last.

Earlier i went into a small competition where i could win paint for the car. And guess 3 times. I am the winner.
    So please, visit Autolakhandel on facebook if youre from scandinavia ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/autolakhandel/

Im still thinking of getting it painted in Nissan LP2 - Midnight purple. But i also like this color:
    projektbilen___.

Anyway. Im still thinking about finding the perfect color for the car. But im not in a hurry ;)

17. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

I think its time for a small update.

I spend the weekend on sorting out the parts for the car. This way it would be easier to find the parts needed. projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___. projektbilen___.

projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___.
    projektbilen___. projektbilen___. projektbilen___.

Im still looking for the parts i know im missing.
    At this point i found a parcel shelf, Hardrace engine mounts, some buttons, and got an AC compressor with mount for very cheap. So now im planning on getting the whole AC-package and install that into the car also :D
    So if anyone have the parts i need for free/cheap, then hook me up! :D

I even found some spindles with ABS-sensor and ABS ring. The ABS sensors meassured 1004 and 1017 Ohm.

My friend took the head of the engine. and everything looks good. Just needs a good clean.
    Only bad thing is the tensionwheel for the timing belt. but its gonna be replased anyway.
    projektbilen___. projektbilen___.

18. NoSk1LLeD

NoSk1LLeD Member

Nice Thread, lovely project.

I bought a Type x at Dec. 16.
    0 Rust, SR20DET inside, Genuine Kouki 1997 and Genuine LP2 from Factory ;)

19. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Awesome build so far. I like the way this is going!

20. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

I would love that. But this is a LHD car. And unfortunally the importtax on 180SX are really high (around 3500£)

Thanks. Im doing my best to get this shitbox rolling within 2020 :D

Anyway. Time for a small update.
    As ive wrote earlier, i won a competition from Autolakhandel.dk where theyll provide the paint needed. So far im going for some dark purple. LP2 would be nice, but i wont complain if its gonna be another dark purple ;)
    projektbilen-nissan-200sx-s13-ca18det.

As people propably figured out, i was dumb enough to order rims as one of the first thing for this car. And later ordered wide fenders. So i needed to order some 30mm bolt on spaceres for the front, and 50mm for the back. Somebody not far away from me sold some 30mm bolt on for very little. So i bought those.
    They needs a clean, but thats nothing.

Speaking of wide fenders. These needs to be mounted. For this i ordered 100pcs of M6 Rivnuts.I know, i know... 100 pcs is way to much. But its from China. So im sure 10% of them are not functional and im thinking about mounting the side skirts also with these. So im propably gonna use them all :D

On top of that, im going all in on the Type X kouki look. So ofc. i needed the front indicators. Not cheap, but i just need them :D

As im primarily concentrating on the apperance of the car, my mechanic almost forced me to spend some money on some practical stuff. So i ordered a set of brakelines, A brakeline streightener and ofc. brakepedal-rubber :)

And to top it off, i ordered a coolant overflow tank from wish. I know, wish.com... Come on!!! But the price was so low i had to try it.
    The finish though actually looks pretty decent. But nomatter what, we are gonna to a total flush of it before its gonna be mounted.
    And by "we" i mean my mechanic :D

This is all for now. In a months time, we are gonna start working on the rust of the car, and modifying all the fiberglass to make it look good.

Stay tuned!
    And go check out Autolakhandel.dk :D

• Like Like x 3