Harley's RS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by KillboSlaggins, May 21, 2018.

1. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

---Update---

Even though it's only been about a month, I'm struggling to remember all the things I've done to the s13 since the last update and I accidentally deleted a load of photos but oh well.

After last month's outer paddock drift day I needed to sort a few things out. The car had a small oil leak when running and there was a big blow coming from the turbo elbow area so I bought some gasket and had a look. I'm assuming the elbow bolts had come loose from running so low and the downpipe hitting but wasn't sure where the oil leak was coming from. After taking some pipework off I could see some oil weeping and a blown gasket so i put this down as my oil leak.

IMG_6903.JPG

IMG_6902.JPG

Since sorting this there hasn't been any leaks however there was a lot of oil in the housing so I'm guessing my seals need replacing....
    IMG_6908.JPG

Took the turbo elbow off and replaced the gasket which has helped the blow but not completely however there is a broken stud in the housing so I may need to take the turbo off and get that sorted.

IMG_6911.JPG

After sorting these few bits (sort of) I thought it'd be a good time to fit my 180 bumper even though it wasn't painted, just got sick of looking at it in my kitchen! Not perfect but looks much better imo

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

After getting this on I saw some cheap kouki spats up for sale so I went and picked them up. Hopefully I'll get these painted and on when the bumper is done

IMG_7108.JPG

When I got back from picking these up in the morning I noticed a leak coming from the front driver's side of the car. I thought this was my washer bottle pump as it leaks a little when full but after looking closer it was coolant. I had to battle with the undertray as all the bolts had rusted and seized, ended up butchering the thing to get it off.

IMG_7107.JPG

Glad I noticed this when I did at home as I had just got a ticket to another Rockingham outer paddock drift day which was only a week away. Looked like the jubilee clip had split on the radiator but after replacing it there was still a leak so I assumed there was a crack in the plastic as it was the oem rad. Ordered a cheap ally ebay one which went straight in

IMG_7111.JPG

Next was to take the carpet out as it was still wet in the driver's side footwell from the rusty hole that had been welded up. I should have done this as soon as I got it back from welding but I kept putting it off from laziness. I was glad to see it was dry everywhere else and the carpet wasn't hiding anything too nasty. Left the carpet in my conservatory during our heatwave which did the trick

IMG_6947.JPG

IMG_6946.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

I put the carpet back in and took a few photos as I started to really like how it was looking. Got a bit carried away!

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

My mate who came up with me last time to Rockingham in his R33 4 door didn't get a ticket so wanted to come up in mine as a passenger. It's a 3 hour drive there from us and my ancient head unit and blown speakers weren't going to make it comfortable so I decided to upgrade and get some half decent speakers for the front and a cheapish pioneer double din head unit which is much better. Shame about the shitty turbo gauge from the previous owner. New gauges are on the list

IMG_7058.JPG

Car was all ready for Rockingham and had a fucking sick day, even with the blistering heat and the sun burn! Got some really awesome snaps from Ryan at Clubdori. I had next to fuck all grip most of the day which came down to some rock solid part worns which were not going down at all. Unfortunately I only realized when I put some brand new budgets on the rears at the end of the day and so much more grip and speed but my gopro had died. Was a bit annoyed as I wish I had switched earlier in the day, they were my best runs. But I learnt a lot again and now I know to use grippy new tyres. I was getting encouraged to follow some people by the marshals but I bottled it. I think next time I'm going to try and follow some experienced guys and push myself a little. Was such a fun day, I couldn't have enjoyed myself more. Quality people there and a great atmosphere again

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7097.JPG

IMG_7098.JPG

IMG_7100.JPG

Thanks for reading!

#21 KillboSlaggins, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Andrex

Andrex Member

I like this. It's very simple. Don't see many in this colour either. I always called the colour of mine pissed stain white lol.

Keep up the good work and driving!

3. KillboSlaggins

Haha yeah the paint isn't the best but quite like it, supposed to be pearl white but piss stained white is good!

4. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Very good read. Like how this is going. Have you got the DW camber arms and bits on yet? I've had to order all of those bits for mine and I'm interested to see how much of a difference it makes. Ta.

5. KillboSlaggins

Cheers man, and I completely forgot to put that in the last post! I was hoping to get the arms on and finally get an alignment but I ran out of time again. I'm going to take break, get the car setup better and give it a service before the next drift day. It's done me really well so I want to repay it with some love haha

6. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Ah nice one dude. The missus put my car in a ditch...Sigh. So I've had to source Nismo LCA's from Japan and got the rest of the arms from HardRace as I didn't want solid bushings on a road car if I could help it. Looking forward to getting it all aligned properly. Hope it's worth the £850 I did on it all :/ :/

7. KillboSlaggins

Ah I remember reading your thread, good effort from the missus! £850 seems a lot, I bought some standard rear lca's for £40 with ball joints. How come you imported nismo ones?

From what I've read, having adjustable rear arms make a big difference in grip if you're low but I'll let you know once I've fitted mine haha

8. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

To be honest mate I couldn't find anywhere that stocked LCA's that weren't rose-bushed! And I thought whilst I'm doing it all I might as well upgrade. So the uprated Nismo LCA's were £250 posted from Nengun. Bit spiteful I know. The other £600 was for camber, toe, traction and front tension arms. I'm gonna grab some HSD's as well as I'm only running shortened shocks and springs at the moment, but even then I won't be running too low. Will be nice to know all the bushes are decent though!

9. KillboSlaggins

Ahh fair enough dude, sounds like a good plan

10. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Out of interest where did you get your LCA's from? I looked everywhere I could think of and only found a few second hand ones for like £80 a corner :/

11. KillboSlaggins

Someone was breaking their s13, didn't think they were hard to come by if I'm honest

12. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Ah I only wanted new ones really, all the bushes on mine are looking ruddy tired and I was under the impression you couldn't swap out the ball joints with new ones very easily?

13. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

14. Mrnemo

Mrnemo Member

Seen this at rockingham man looked cool defo just bite the bullet and follow people next time your there man really helped me and is great chasing and being chased pushes you more

15. KillboSlaggins

Thanks mate appreciate it

I'll man up and try and chase next time, just a bit worried about going into the side of someone :p

16. Mrnemo

Mrnemo Member

Haha chase me if you want I don’t care if you crash into me mate lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

The start of whats going to be a sick build thread for sure. Well in Harley.

18. KillboSlaggins

Cheers mate means a lot

#38 KillboSlaggins, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  19. Tony Lane

Tony Lane New Member

Nice build!

20. Tony Lane

Tony Lane New Member

Nice build!