Harley's RS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by KillboSlaggins, May 21, 2018.

1. Tony Lane

Tony Lane New Member

Nice build!

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

So nice he complimented you 3 times

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

3. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

thanks man

haha i'll take it :blowkiss:

4. KillboSlaggins

--- Update ---

Nothing really interesting this time and no drifting :( just a few maintenance bits and improvements.

I'd had enough of the massive UK spec headlight sticking out about a mile so I got some Raybrig lenses ready to fit. However the s13 had other plans thanks to rusty retainer screws not budging/rounding. Popped over to my mates as I don't have a drill, we got the screws out and fitted the new lenses. Didn't take many photos at the time but I got a quick before and after

IMG_7140.JPG

IMG_7131.JPG

IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7229.JPG

Completely changes the look of the front in my opinion, sometimes the little things make a big difference!

Next was to sort the massive blow coming from the turbo to manifold bolts shaking loose thanks to the downpipe hitting the road due to mad lowz yo. I'll be going to Huxley soon to get a whole system made above the chassis rails and some bosozoku style tips as I'm not a fan of the fart box. So to get to the turbo to manifold bolts I had to remove the whole turbo and manifold assembly thanks to the locking tabs. Such a ball ache, I thought I may as well replace the oem oil and water lines for some braided jobbies for obvious reasons. The biggest issue I had with this job is getting to one of the nuts on the turbo elbow, you guys probably know the exact one I'm talking about! I could only get the tinniest movement with the spanner I had so I had to buy some stubby ones which did the trick

IMG_7201.JPG

Once the elbow was off I unbolted the manifold ect which wasn't too bad and pulled it all out. After looking I'm glad I did! Loose bolts, blown gaskets and deteriorated oil return system....

IMG_7203.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

After replacing the gaskets I test fitted the lines only to find the oil feed hitting the manifold flange. So I went to rotate the assembly around however one bolt had seized.....yay. Took it to work the lads forced the bolt out and re-tapped the thread is there was some damage from the stubborn bolt

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7220.JPG

Did the trick and fitted the new lines and got everything back on. No more blow and it was nice to have some throttle response back haha

IMG_7224.JPG

A little while ago I saw some work equip 03 reps up for sale on here which I really wanted. This was before I bought my matching rear jr's but my message wasn't seen so I thought they had sold. A few days ago I got a reply saying he still had them and he was on holiday so didn't see my message. Such bad timing but it's my fault for not being patient! I still really wanted them so I bought them anyway haha. Going to sell the jr's I just bought to pay for the work reps. Was a bit unsure on running 15's but I love the look so much i thought fuck it. The guy I bought them off was quality, both had very similar tastes with sbods so naturally we ended up chatting shit until stupid hours. He also had a ridiculously clean 2 tone ps13 which I loved

IMG_7258.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

I know they're not genuine but I much prefer them to my jr's. They're 9j ET0 so the rears are rubbing as the arches haven't been touched. I've rolled them a little but they still rub so I need a bigger diameter bar haha

IMG_7268.JPG

IMG_7286.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

It's way too high so once I've properly rolled the rear arches i'll get low and get some skirts.

I ordered a 180 tilt plate holder from Keeve which was delivered from Scotland quicker than Amazon Prime. Will get this fitted soon and take off my double sided velcro I currently have on the rear plate :wack:

IMG_7282.JPG

Also thought it was time to get some gauges to keep an eye on those temps and pressures. Saw some cheap classic HKS up on the forum so I've got them on their way.

QHLN3849.JPEG

I'm currently making a 3D CAD model for a gauge holder in the center dash vent. Can't find any decent ones to buy so I'll get an aluminium one made at work and get it flocked there too. Something like below with the angle facing RHD rather than LHD

img_2215-e1268548268878.

So yeah, bit more progress but the list is ever growing :p

Thanks for reading y'all

#44 KillboSlaggins, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. vJaaack

vJaaack Member

Looks awesome mate. Where did you get the raybrigs from?

6. GlenF95

GlenF95 Active Member

Literally the story of my life right now, spent hours trying to replace this without removing the whole assembly, could've had it done by now lol

7. KillboSlaggins

Thanks man, I coulnd't be bothered to wait weeks for delivery from RHD japan so I got them on ebay haha

Yeah I spent a few hours under the car trying to bend the tabs out enough to tighten the bolts hoping for a quick fix, in the end the car won! I'm sure many have suffered this job :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Liking the new wheels man!

9. KillboSlaggins

Thanks dude, they’ll do for now haha

10. GlenF95

GlenF95 Active Member

Managed to finish replacing the turbo to manifold gasket last night without removing the whole assembly. It's not worth the effort lol

11. KillboSlaggins

good effort, at least you won!

12. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

what size tyre you got on the back there bud. I was looking at these as spare wheels, was hoping luke still had them lol

13. KillboSlaggins

205/55's mate, proper bus tyres! Ah sorry, I was keen to get them so I drove up the day after he replied haha

14. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

haha no worries dude. I run a 195 55 on my 15s.

15. KillboSlaggins

are they 9j? I wasn't sure if 195's would be too much stretch but if you've run them then maybe i'll get some to help the arches a bit!

16. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

I'm sure I took the whole assembly out in one piece including the elbow last time I did the job (5 years ago, mind you haha). Just unbolt the downpipe and the manifold and all should pull right out! Might be worth a shot next time, but hopefully it will last for a while.

Also, invest in some ratchet spanners! They will make your life much easier. Cheap ones will do perfectly as long as you don't apply too much force to them. I usually crack bolts loose with a normal spanner and then use the ratchets to get them out.

17. KillboSlaggins

I have a toyosport downpipe and you can't get a spanner on one of the nuts, like at all! I have no idea how it was put together in the first place :no:

That would have been much easier though if I could've got the downpipe off, cheers mate

18. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Nah mine are 7j but ive had a 195 55 on a 9j and because of the big side wall it doesnt even look that stretched and youll get some clearance as you said!

19. KillboSlaggins

ah nice, i'll have a look at getting some, thanks :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. sneekyturtel

sneekyturtel New Member

Good read, well done