Harley's RS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by KillboSlaggins, May 21, 2018.

1. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Nice, making me want to jump ship from the Chaser into an S-Body... lol

2. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

nah your chaser is clean man, keep it!

3. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Its clean, but have wanted an S-Body for a while man, maybe S15 for the new year lol.

4. KillboSlaggins

--- Update ---

Another small one

My HKS gauges turned up with all wires and sensors, all I needed was an oil filter sandwhich plate and water temp joint. Luckily my mate around corner was clearing out his garage and had loads of sbody stuff he wanted out of the way which included both! Good timing that. No surprise here but I know fuck all about wiring so I popped over another mate's for some help and learnings :rolleyes:. Was all going alright, greddy sandwhich plate and juran water temp joint fitted, however we decided to run the gauges off of the stereo as this was wired to the ignition. Ended up triggering the shitty immobilizer somehow which wasn't disarming. Disconnected related to the gauges as it was in the morning but still not having it so we took the fuse out of the immobilizer which did the trick aha. There's an iffy wire somewhere as well as I was losing power to the radio and gauges but we ran out of time. Will do a fix soon.

Photo 19-08-2018, 3 20 59 pm.

Photo 19-08-2018, 3 21 14 pm.

Photo 13-08-2018, 5 29 10 pm.

Measured up the center vent dimensions and modeled the gauge holder last week. The boys at work are currently machining it and hopefully it fits well after a bit of fiddling

Gauge 1.JPG

Photo 23-08-2018, 3 52 39 pm.

Added some 20mm spacers at the front to get that shitment a little less shit! Still need to go much lower but I stilllll need to roll my rear arches properly! Quite happy with the front now

Photo 14-08-2018, 7 29 04 pm.

Photo 14-08-2018, 7 30 38 pm.

I swapped my old spacers for some skirts. I think they're origin reps? I'm quite picky with kits, but I like these. I think they sort of suit it. Just need to fit my fucken spats

Photo 21-08-2018, 7 30 14 pm.

Photo 21-08-2018, 7 31 52 pm.

Photo 21-08-2018, 7 32 07 pm.

Cheers for reading

p.s don't forget to press F to pay respect to rockingham :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but I'm going to go against the grain and say the skirts look a little big. They make the front lip look too small

If you've got factory spats to go on i think some Silvia Aero sideskirts (replicas obviously, genuine are stupid money) would suit it better. They're smaller but match the pignose lip perfectly - crappy example:

IMG_0109.

And considering you're on small wheels and dailying they'd give you a little extra ground clearance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KillboSlaggins

Yeah those look good, I really wanted some genuine chuki skirts but obviously there's none around.

The one's I've fitted are almost the same height as the front lip and this isn't my daily so I'm going to keep these for a while. Hopefully the rear spats suit the look a little bit

7. PanozGTR

PanozGTR Member

Ooof those wheels look killer! Like the skirts too but definitely needs to be lower on the front to match. She's looking mint though!

8. KillboSlaggins

thanks mate, yeah can't wait to get it low haha

9. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with Benrice on this - I think the sideskirts are just slightly lower than the front lip and also are very straight line angled etc if that makes sense?

If you wanted some that are a bit more stock body looking try get some Supermade skirts like mine - they are actually higher than the chassis rails and are more rounded and suit stock body more I guess?

Just a suggestions - love the 15s though mate!

received_10156631215859595-1008x756.

10. KillboSlaggins

Yeah they'd probably look better, these will do for now to be honest, I think they look better than without

And cheers, I'm a fan of them too haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. KillboSlaggins

---Update---

Got a couple of things done recently which included getting some genuine Bride Zetas! I've always liked the zeta 1's and after seeing them in other sbodies I decided I have to get some. I really went off the bright red vios III red reps, just didn't suit the 90's ish look I'm attempting whereas the zeta 1's are more perdiod correct. Knowing I had another Rockingham outer paddock day coming up i decided to get some sharpish and manage to source 2 from different people so a lot of running about happened. Also managed to sell my reps around the same time which was a bonus

IMG_7568.JPG

img_3357.

Much happier with these, such a nicer fit for me and really supportive plus they cost me the same as the reps did so win win. The passenger seat is slightly tilted due to the side mounts we made but I'll buy a proper set of side mounted rails for this one soon.

I did some maintenance in preparation for Rockingham as I hadn't done a oil change over the last 3 drift days so I got some decent Motul racing oil to help keep the ca healthy. I also really wanted to get my tilt plate holder on as it's been laying around since I bought it. Went round a mates so we could chop up the bash bar to clear the holder and fit.

IMG_7555.

IMG_7596.

Really need to get that bumper painted! But yeah was stoked to finally use the plate bracket. Loaded the car up again but and headed to Rockingham for my 4th drift day. Another awesome day there full of the coolest cars and people and a well organised event as usual. I wish my driving was more consistent, I had some good runs and some bad which was a little frustrating but I had so much fun I wasn't bothered. I think i'll look into some more steering lock soon as I'm pretty much on full stock lock the whole way round. I also took the mrs this time as she was keen and she loved it so i could finally justify spending the money haha.

My second run was good and I pulled off my first wall tap, couldn't stop smiling when I got out the car haha

IMG_7628.JPG

I wish I had some more seat time thought, the downpipe was hitting again and everything hot side came loose. Massive exhaust blows and no power ruined my last few runs which was annoying as I managed to man up and chase/lead with my pal in his r32. I need to get this downpipe above my chassis rails and stop this shit from happening again so if anyone knows of a good place that can tuck my exhaust system please slide in my dm's x

I'll just dump what I got from the day below, cheers!

IMG_7593.

IMG_7636.

IMG_7634.JPG

Don't ask my why I kept using the handbrake, I have no fucking idea what I was doing. Well annoyed I kept doing this but next drift day I'm leaving it alone

IMG_7592.

#71 KillboSlaggins, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. KillboSlaggins

Monday blues update

Finally got round to fitting the kouki spats I bought ages ago which didn't fit well so I resorted to self tappers. Proper ghetto but i'll paint them white to hide them a bit. They don't look amazing but I think they still look better than without

IMG_7728.JPG

I got the car booked in for a full tucked exhaust system as I'd had enough of the downpipe fucking everything each time it hit the road. I ended up going to a powerflow shop near me as I had heard they're decent. Turned up in the morning, got it on the ramp (just) and explained what I was after, took a few photos of the underside while I was there then buggered off home. Good opportunity to see how the car was doing under there

IMG_7763.

IMG_7764.

IMG_7765.

Not looking too bad besides the front outer sills need patching. And yeah I still haven't removed the diff oil cooler! Few hours later and it was done although when I turned up it was off the ramp and they hadn't taken any photos so I had to see what I could as it was on the ground. The downpipe was well above the chassis rails as I wanted and it sounded much nicer so I paid and went home. Sooo much less droney on the motorway now but still loud enough for me. Jacked it up at home and had a quick look

IMG_7803.

IMG_7801.

This meant I could go lower! Maxed out the front coilovers so as low as it can be now. While I was there I thought I should replace the rear ARB droplinks bushes as I had none on the top!?

IMG_7798.

IMG_7800.

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

I may go for 195/50's next to drop it a little more but it looks a bit better now imo. Also Came across a photo someone took from the last outer paddock day

IMG_7797.JPG

Cheers for readin yooo

• Like Like x 3
  13. KillboSlaggins

Nuvva update

Got anther ticket to the last outer paddock day at Rockingham despite promising I was done for the year! Was the Sunday so didn't bother with a hotel as traffic would be light. 4am start sucked, and the drive up also sucked thanks to it pissing down. Driving in the dark in rainy conditions was proper wank but got there with no dramas.

The weather was shit all day, didn't stop raining and I hadn't skidded in the wet before so I had no idea what to expect. Surprise surprise I struggled big time. I think I managed to link the track once! Didn't enjoy myself as much as normal as my driving was just complete turd. Still had fun off track though thanks to some awesome people which is what it's all about, having a laugh with friends.

IMG_7855.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7854.

The day before Rockingham I was invited out by a mate to a photo shoot with some stancey bois, not really into that scene at all and I know fuck all about show cars to be fair. Mine is nowhere near worthy of a shoot but the guys wanted to take some shots so many thanks to them, they came out really nice

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7893.JPG

IMG_7891.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG

Sorry this isn't really a build update, just fancied putting these on here before the car changes again

Cheers yo

• Like Like x 3
  14. 5ooty

5ooty New Member

Very cool car, love the pignose bumper too. Great updates on each post

15. KillboSlaggins

thanks dood :wave:

16. will16

will16 New Member

Love this, sits spot on, 15's, fat tyres, piggy front Must be one of the cleanest s13's I've seen underneath too! I hope my fc looks half as good as this man

17. KillboSlaggins

Thanks! Front sills need patching so it does have some rust still haha :thumbs:

18. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

19. KillboSlaggins

thanks man, nothing like your build though!

20. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Sick styles. Screaming for Chuki skirts to proportionise ha ha. look forward to see what happens