Lexus LS vip boaty boi thingy

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Liam Chainey, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Liam Chainey

Liam Chainey New Member

Hey hey, first post too,

First of all, sorry to disappoint this isn't the most interesting daily driver or even more so build, but this is more of a throw together whatever I can find/afford and be willing to mess around with for the moment kinda car.

The big black boi:
    2PlhF3B.

It's a big hunk of a Lexus to say the least. For those who are interested I paid £1500, It's a 2002 LS430 with the ultra luxury stuff as that's all we had on offer here in the UK, so shit loads of stuff to go wrong but also so many things that are working perfectly fine, and surprisingly 216,000 miles later all that's really wrong interior wise is a parking sensor and the steering wheel up and down tilt.

I'd like to achieve some sort of nice vip style daily eventually, but the craving for an mx5 or first gen gs is always gonna be there sooooo yeah ahah,
    But for now I've got a cool dash table so far, some cushions with headrest pads and new led rear lights.

What I'd like to achieve / get / fix (also this will hopefully motivate me a bit coming back to this..):
    - Exhaust. Put simply, one of the cats is fucked, so in that fixing process maybe a new back box setup or something.
    - Wheels. Something off of those big Jap vans would be cool. A few ideas are AME Shallen LX's or AX's, R35 GT-R wheels are also a contender, but yikes! 20s in the UK might not be a good idea ahah
    - Interior lighting (generally making the interior a nice place to be). There's a great post in clublexus where someone has replaced all of the dull, greenish and orange style lights with far cooler coloured white leds, including the ones on the center of the dash where the screen sits.
    - Suspension. Atm it has the standard air bags, nothing special has a firmer sport mode but that's it. So maybe something new in that department, haven't thought that far ahead yet. There are ways for cheap lows though
    - Do I dare try get this sideways ahah

The first mod I guess:
    This is easily one of the most stupid but indeed useful things about this thing
    Shoutout Japan for cool dashboard tables
    ZZZAEUv.

I'll add more accordingly. And soz for all the shit talk about my lex - Liam

2. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Welcome! Perfect Exterior colour of a VIP build :)

I'm sure Mees said somewhere, you can buy a plug in for the OEM air controller to drop it like it's hot. Might be worth looking into.
    Some BIG Wide Wheels on this would look sick!

3. Liam Chainey

Liam Chainey New Member

Thank you!

Oh my yes! the air suspension controller, I've been eyeing them up on yahoo auctions and a few other places already haha

Update, late as always...
    Thanks to good ol upgarage I've fitted my new lights, they're far more modern looking and don't make it look like an LS400 from certain angles any more. They could do with a slight tint though, but for now not too shabby!

These are the old lights here, they have spray tint on one side and film on the other and are extremely filthy lol:
    20190212_001937.
    These are the new ones here, not much else to say really:
    Snapchat-2038958613.

4. lowanslow

lowanslow Member

awesome man. I miss my Ls400 hard lol, want another soon

lex4.

5. Liam Chainey

Liam Chainey New Member

oh wow that looks amazing compared to mine, and thank you too
    apologies for the late reply too, almost forgot this thread existed
    i finally lowered the car, well that's a lie really its been low for about a month and a half now...but basically i bought a plug and play air suspension controller that is available for these and a few other makes and models (GS M45 etc, depends on the harness that you buy) called the ASC 680, this one is the R-Spec, I believe there is also a wireless option but it doesn't give the same amount of lows. I bought this from Up Garage as I honestly had no idea where else to go to lol
    the controller gives around 90mm lower ride height at the rear while on the lowest setting and around 70mm on the front (if i remember right), this is a pretty cheap alternative to coilovers while keeping the comfort too and you can adjust as you drive, although its quite slow going back up to a normal height just due to the standard air compressor being tiny lmao

the wheels on this are pretty shameful at the moment, so yeah thats gotta happen soon
    View attachment 296970

6. Liam Chainey

Liam Chainey New Member

So this is the ASC680 controller:
    20190523_202211.
    And this is the car on one of the lower settings:
    IMG_20190430_161134_996.
    (Sorry if this photo is on the last post, only showing up on some devices)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liam Chainey

Liam Chainey New Member

I've also since been to my local powerflow and had a custom back box delete and a cat replacement, I may eventually take out the middle silencer as it makes some noise at the moment but wouldn't mind a little bit more lol

Also depending on whether a lip kit gets installed I may have to change the tips but for now these will do
    z7PAwuK.