power fc chaser/soarer

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by japcarsbrett27, Mar 14, 2019.

1. japcarsbrett27

japcarsbrett27 New Member

Can anyone tell me if the apexi power fc for the toyota chaser jzx100 1JZGTE VVTI will work with the toyota soarer jzz30 1JZGTE VVTI for the manual trans.

I have searched everywhere and can't get a straight answer, I can't understand why it wouldn't as both cars share identical engines?

Any info would be appreciated Thanks

2. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

my engine is from a jzz30 1jz vvti i currently use with its factory Auto ECU, but i thought i had ecu trouble so bought a manual ECU from a jzx100 and it ran normal (idled and used for a day).
    I switched it back to the auto ecu though as that's what came with the engine and didn't want to confuse things.

3. japcarsbrett27

Thanks for writing some info, this is my thought's I can't see why the ecus wouldn't be the same, as the Haltech elite 2000 can be used in both cars as they only make one harness, for them, plus things like the greddy emanage ultimate even have the same harness product codes for both, so it must work on either, I would just love to know for sure before I buy a power fc for the jzx100 and fit it in my soarer, one thing I know is the fuel pump on the soarer is controlled by the fuel pump ecu but that can be changed to run constant 12v with a relay so that will then be the same as the chaser I would of thought.

Any chance you still have that auto ecu and I could borrow it and test it on mine ;)

4. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I'm using my auto ecu as a daily mate, any reason you're going for a power fc? I'm currently looking at better standalone ECU's. I also have a Greedy e manage blue plug and play which I've never used as i don't like the idea of fooling the factory ecu...I changed my mind as soon as i paid for it lol

5. japcarsbrett27

so a chaser/jzx100 power fc should work in the jzz30 soarer in that case then as long as it's the vvti 1jz?

The reason I'm going for the power fc is (i'd get the D-Jetro version though) it's older everyone can map them if needed and they are a reasonable priced ecu that is a full standalone ecu, plus I fitted one in my skyline it did everything I needed it to do and I learnt how to tune it slightly as well, in all honesty I just like the power fc and really want another, but it just doesn't mention the soarer on the apexi site

6. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

Here u go mate

7. japcarsbrett27

You Sir are a legend thank you for doing this I really appreciate it, and now this will not only help me but hundreds of others I reckon, thanks man!

So I guess the only thing I would need to do it bypass the soarer JZZ30 fuel pump ecu, as apparently that can cause issues running a power fc from a JZX100 as the JZX100 doesn't have a furl pump ecu like the soarer does.