no knowledge e36 build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by tiredhero, Jan 17, 2016.

1. mas904

mas904 New Member

before you get super into this thing and drift it alot your going to want to do rear subframe reinforcements theres alot of places that sell them but i just cut pieces of steel out drilled holes and used a 3m panel bond so you dont have to weld next to your gas tank ive seen many subframes rip out from failing to do this also the rear strut towers like to crack i just bought the specific plates for that but props on the build im new to this site but if you have e36 questions feel free to ask

2. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

hey another e36 dude send me your build thread if you have one... ill look into that kinda sucks if i have to take it all off again... if it rips out is the shell no use or can i put those reinforcments on after it happens... also how thick would the metal have to be

3. mas904

mas904 New Member

i dont have a build thread sadly kinda been off the books and if it rips out its a mess to fix but ive done it before on a buddies e36 and like 1/4 inch nothing insane just enough to relieve the stress from the frame

4. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

suppose i should really do it by the sounds of it then... im going to get rid of the spare wheel well any ways so suppose it will be easier to get off then

5. mas904

mas904 New Member

it wont trouble you till a few months out but rather be safe than sorry just thought id give ya the heads up

6. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

thanks dude i appreciate it

7. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

i have decided to strip the tourer and buy more stuff for the coupe, just got a hydro today... just ordered some more stuff but ill take pics of it before i mention what it all is :)

8. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

I have no idea what the thing is on the right any ideas?

Attached Files:

9. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

It's a stop for if you mount it flat :)

10. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

I get you... so i need to sort it when its in really

11. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Depends how you mount it if that makes sense :)

If it's vertical, it won't be needed.
    If it's Horizontal, like the original, you will need it :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

cheers dude ill leave it off then

big changes coming :/

13. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

parts parts pa pa pa parts parts pa pa pa parts!!!!

20170404_142101.

14. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

so i kinda was a bit stupid and already having a full drive decided to buy another car a e46,bit of a mistake well a full mistake. it was shit... the only thing good about it was its paint... took it back after spending £240 on it the same day, ended up going to some one in town and heard its clutch had gone the same day the poor bugger 20170323_075042[1]. 20170314_165810.
    had m3 interior but every thing was not really fitted nice and it was just horrible to drive not like the e36... guy said it had a full straight through exhaust yea it was a cat back made of about 5 different parts the wheels where fake... lesson learned never buy a car in the dark again :/ but i am going to start fitting my new parts to the coupe when i have some time off...and then once these parts are fitted ill be going to drift days as well as taking the tourer off the road and running the mazda as a daily again (massive piss about with that car)

me and the misses have decided to keep the tourer just incase i bin the coupe(plenty of confidence) but i think im going to strip the tourer still and get a professional to weld a cage in then start building that while i use the coupe for practice but do a propper build on the tourer not a budget kind of thing
    20170404_145550[1].
    they cost more than the car :/

ill update this more later after i fix my welder and stop sorting the mazda 6

thanks for reading

15. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

well since im on a night shift and just spilt coffee all over my self i thought i should give every one an update.. so i started stripping the tourer(selling the parts,any one need anything) i ended up buying my dream car not a big deal to every one but its my dream car none the less... so the tourer will be stripped completely and ill still daily the Mazda 6 till my coupe is fully operational... yes i know, its taking for ever, constant nights and then fixing house things seems to take priority as well as the wife and kids, excuses aside... where i normally take my cars for mot have changed hands and it seems they dont like the kind of cars i bring in, as well as my dream car turning up i have also bought everything i want for it(apart from a front lip and sideskirts and rear toe delete :) so looks like ill have a practise car and a proper drift car with enough power that i need..the coupe now has abetter stance and is alot more solid...just need September to come so i can get it mot'd and start driving the bloody thing, any ways this is my dream car... as i got her (you all probably think im nuts) 20170531_195221.

16. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

well i bought another 2 shells off of polo and now building one decent ish fc3s, ill start a new thread sooner or later...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Owen Wakefield

Owen Wakefield New Member

looks good so far mate, didn't know we had anyone local, i'm just in grimsby so down the road lmao. just buying an e46 drift project too so will hopefully see you about somepoint :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

pretty sure i had you on my old facebook dude .. ya name rings a bell...you got a silver e46 ?