New to rwd

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Mugga_tea, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Morning and happy Christmas.

I thought I should join now I've been reading the forums for a while and took the plunge buying an sbody.

It's my first sbody, first rwd car and the first car I've had with an lsd. Some of you may have seen in on FB marketplace for a while and may think I paid too much ect, I dunno, I was happy with the price.

But of a saga with the bank getting payment cleared due to added security checks and that I was 300 miles from home made it look suspicious, but finally, at 5.30pm on Saturday it was mine and I could go home!
    I hadn't really got much rwd experience before so jumping in this was a bit tense and seeing as it has a kaaz lsd set to aggressive and a 4.3:1 ratio it was a bit keen to lock up, no worries though with a sensible head, don't mash the throttle and it won't go wrong (it does lock up in tight slow turns) so a bit of a prowl round to find the shell station I saw earlier in the day and I started to feel a bit more at home and started to realise that it's not just going to kill me for fun.
    Fast forward a bit as I left Exeter and his the motorway it started raining, then pouring and then it was just a lake with slits in it and visibility was awful. Thank the gods for that aggressive diff that's just behind me...... Numerous small aquaplane moments that aren't a worry, I wasn't going fast and there was no traffic about so not too much of a worry, just slow down a bit more until a motorway flyover to merge onto another (I forgot which one as my bum did a tight nip up) the flyover was waterlogged, running like a river and one wheel slipped as I was going round the bend to join the main carriageway. Remember that diff? CLUNK! Diff wants it and locks hard. First drift! Albeit only a little one and no drama, just turned into it and carried on but my backside got scared so I stopped at the next services and reconvened with a mate who was driving my current car back up with me.
    Anyway, almost 300 miles passed and I got home and only used 3/4 of a tank of vpower, I didn't think that was bad going. So now it's washed, polished and tucked away in bed until spring.

IMG_20191222_154227.

IMG_20191222_154155.

IMG_20191222_154638.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

welcome mate in dw

3. doninphi

doninphi Member

Looks lovely that. Keep it so!

4. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Thanks guys, I have some bits on the way for a few upgrades before it comes out again.

5. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Looks good man, dont worry about the KAAZ, they are noisy, just means its working ;)

6. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Oh, it is working. I'm going to have the aggression turned down and the heating changed in the next few days. Although this is a drifting forum, I'm trying to turn it into more of a fast road car for now as I'm warey of binning it the first time it slides. I want some rwd experience under my belt first

7. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Adjusting them is easy, just a matter of changing the plate orientation around. Easy enough if your handy with the spanners.
    Also make sure you only use the Kaaz LSD oil

8. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Noted about the oil, thanks mate.

9. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Well. I've been out in it for a couple of days whilst the weather has been ok. The pile of parts is ever growing. Just got the rear wiper motor out without breaking the screen.

So far I've collected;
    Yokohama ad08rs tyres (to be fitted later this month)
    Evo 6/7/8 calipers and some mounts from 'murica.
    New discs and yellow stuff pads.
    Bm57 BMC.
    3.9 vlsd for road use (kaaz for on track if ever)
    Nismo 555cc injectors.
    Boost controller on order.
    Front strut brace on order.
    Exedy paddle clutch on order.

I've just pulled the ecu to go off to be chipped at H-dev on Monday. Unsure if 1a or 2 as it has a tubular manifold and 3 inch turbo back, big intercooler and his intake already.

And here is it getting ready to go back to bed and my daily driver swapping over.

IMG_20200111_012352.

IMG_20200106_091256.

IMG_20200106_144038.

10. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Can a mod move this to project cars section. Please and thank you.

11. antz

antz Active Member

Its a weird irony of removing the rear wiper to make it look cleaner but then fitting a big sticker around the hole highlighting that you've removed the wiper.

12. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

I see your point and am also unsure yet the sticker was a freebee due to taking a while to get the bungs. It may stay, it may not. It's a lot nicer than the rusty nub that used to hold a wiper arm.

13. StuartyAlec

StuartyAlec New Member

Would look much cleaner and nicer without the sticker my dude :o
    Good luck with the build, cant wait to see how it progresses. Clean looking motor :cool:

14. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

If you think the sticker is bad. You should see what the previous owner did to the rocker cover...

15. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

C'mon dont tease us , we wanna see that rocker cover ! :wack:

16. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Ok, well here's a bit of progress. Seeing as the thread hasn't been moved.

There's still a lot to do.

received_2802416253318659.

IMG_20200117_000816.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

It's been a while! I haven't crashed it!

In fact, it's now got a 1a chip.
    Brembo brakes and yellow stuff pads
    Exceedy sport three puk clutch
    R8 coil packs and harness
    Ad08rs tyres
    Tegiwa engine torque damper

And not enough go. In fact it feels slow already I'm working towards a new snail so I can break my gearbox.

IMG_20200713_223753.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

nice :thumbs: ,
    are those 350z brembos ?
    id go for turbo, ECU and boost controller , go gt35 and run 1bar boost .. :)

19. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

They are Evo brembo's. Squeal like a pig at slow speed haha. It's gonna go away again soon for some more tinkering and rebuild a few bits. Not that it's broken but I want more good things.