Ford sierra hatch from original to horny

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by amuldrew865, Nov 26, 2018.

1. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

F3392EC2-9D6F-41CF-9A26-C407639BC74E. Well this is my first time posting on this but i just bought a winter project for the new year

Shes a ford Sierra 1.8cvh hatch. I know a snails faster but at the money i couldnt say no.

Im looking to do the usual donegal spec mods, lower, rims, diff, exhaust, power and maybe change to a twin cam

So far she has only been gettin tidyed up but is now sittin on nicer rims but badly needs lowered.

Any recommendations for what way to lower it at a cost effective route, nothin overly dodgy tho

And how to add wuick power tovthe 1.8 while its still in her. I want to keep the engine considerin how little miles it has

2. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

Update
    Sierra got 2 new sills
    Boot spoiler
    50mm springs all round
    Straight through exhaust to resonator
    and mono steering wheel

Still looking for engine swap ideas stuck between pinto, DOHC and a 2.9 BOB
    and either welding or putting a lsd in, heard the lsds r weak so dunno if it worth the hassle
    off getting it and getting hybrid shafts
    Also thinking of getting mk1 focus coilovers to get more lows on revos but we ill see

IMG_3363.JPG

3. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

4. davegtcoupe

davegtcoupe Member

Looks good. As far as coilovers you'd be better saving and buying a full set of Gaz or avo's the focus ones need a small bit of work to get to fit even though people say they are a straight swap. Plus you don't have to balls about cutting the rears.

5. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

Cant seem to find a proper set of Gaz for a non cossie to suit the rear as the strut and spring are separate but cossies have them together, i know some people run van struts for lows but i dont know how low they go

6. davegtcoupe

davegtcoupe Member

Cossie is a separate spring and shock the coilover just bolts in where the shock goes. I have them in my hatch drift car

7. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

Cheers lad for clearin that up ill have to go make the investment now

8. amuldrew865

amuldrew865 New Member

Further updates on the car i suppose
    Car is now sitting on gaz gold coilovers
    Diff has been welded
    Still on orginal cvh so she only a cone jockey but she ill happoly go round it and not heat.
    Would love to pinto swap or zetec swap just waitin to commit till it Snapchat-812332474. Snapchat-812332474. IMG_20210405_123302_949.