So what are the chances......

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Colonel K, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

Ok, basically story goes like this.

Theres a big blocked off area of tarmac near one of the companies I visit every day. An old factory car park that isnt being used (the old CompAir site in High Wycombe...... at least I think thats what it was called :wack:) I keep seeing it and thinking "Hmmm, would be good for a small drift day, although it is near houses (blocked by trees though) and got lots of potholes"

Anyways, today they have open it up and are repairing the potholes. Turns out the Council have got hold of it. Dont know their intended use, whether it be to starting developing it or just use it as a car park, but hey.

Here it is......

Google Maps

Personally I reckon the chances of hiring it are nil. Its obviously gonna be about a max of a month before they start moving in proper, and also its the council that own it, and we all know they are trying to make fun illegal. :smash:

Just thought Id post it up if anyone felt brave, I would but Im currently working double shifts at work, repairing my car for TDW and moving a website over so dont really have any time. :wack:

Pointless post probably, unless anyone has tips for locating sites like these! :thumbs: (But with more potential!)

2. iamben

iamben Active Member

Lorry Parks...most industrial estates have them, the big estates have tarmaced parks aswell. usually empty mid week or sundays.

lots of space but the noise does carry over the open air so will attract attention. good for half hours driftzoring before anyone bothers showing up. plus the lorry drivers can be cool about it as long as you dont wake them up!

3. Baba

Baba Ex SuperSlide member

Too close to residents.

4. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Damn right. It'd be about 3 milliseconds before the five-o moved in and 'bradded' your arse.

5. BRADs14

BRADs14 Active Member

PMSL!! them fed's are getting smart and more like SWAT everyday:wack:

6. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

pmsl :smash:

7. iamben

iamben Active Member

we all dream of silent drift cars..but the popo gives us dis dem loudz exzausts and since den we aint got a momonts peace yo!

8. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

:wack::wack::wack::wack:

9. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Its public, so you have no chance... :)

10. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

I live on an Ex RAF site, we live on one side, (ex-officers houses), and my sister lives on teh other side, (ex-squaddies), between both sites, (but still within the RAF camp), there is a parade ground, which is pretty big and really good quality and condition concrete, keep looking at it but I know there would be no chance of them letting me on it!

Here it is:
    RAF Locking - Google Maps

Alex B

Edit: And I've just realised how big the old car park is opposite my sisters house(up and left a bit)

#10 Alex B, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  11. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

1 way in and 1 way out. if bigger boys came you would have to go through the hedge at the bottom to run away home.

12. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

You could be looking at those two housing estates for hours just counting the amount of trampolines you can spot...:wack:

13. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

And swimming pools, with massively annoying kids in them! :smash:

Alex B

14. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

I'd have a go if my S14 had an engine.