E46 323i - Suspension setup - Advice needed

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by TazSR, Mar 30, 2020.

1. TazSR

TazSR New Member

Hi All,

So I have purchased a 2000 E46 323I for my learner drift car. Ideally i wanted a 325 but the 323 was too cheap to refuse!

So I have began with doing general maintenance - new brakes, service, throttle cable, stripped out etc etc blah blah blah. My first plan is to get my hands on a 3.38 diff and get it welded up and in to the car.

Next is suspension - I have been researching in to the best coilovers and what dampening and spring rates i should be running and planned to get HSD coilovers.....but now i am thinking, as this is a budget build and a learner car, should i just go for ebay coilovers (lowered 40mm front 30mm back, most likely prosport) and ebay camber adjusting top mounts (All priced to around £200).

My question is, what should i be looking out for when buying cheap coilovers and would the ebay suspension be a smarter choice as this is my first drift project???

Also as this is a budget build i wont be fitting a roll cage, but is there any sort of off the shelf brace that can be fitted to the existing rear seatbelt mounting points for the harness'?

Once I have the above all sorted i will go on a few drift days and plan to install further modification once my skills improve. Deos this sould like a good route, any tips/advice is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance

Taz

2. TazSR

TazSR New Member

In addition to the above - This will not be a daily, it will be drivien to the track, thrashed, and driven back hopefully haha.
    I also plan to get a shed load of part worns.

Also, seeing as we are quarantined, through boredom i decided to purchase a rear strut brace....is this even neccessary. I purchased without any research so not sure weather it is required???

3. TazSR

TazSR New Member

4. TazSR

TazSR New Member