RB25 Experts a bit of advice please on clutches

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by a16xdk, Jun 23, 2015.

1. a16xdk

a16xdk Member

So I am going to be upping the horsepower on my RB25DET to somewhere in the region of 400bhp and maybe more later down the line but for now I need to replace the clutch and I was going to buy a stage 4 competition clutch that I have seen on ebay R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET Stage 4 Uprated Paddle Competition Clutch Kit | eBay however I am not a great fan of paddle clutches if I can avoid it. I then read that people are using R32 GTR clutches as a direct fit as long as you use the earlier push type clutch and so I came across this R32 Skyline GT-R Non V Spec RB26DETT Stage 3 Uprated Competition Clutch Kit | eBay. I just need to know everyone's advice as to which clutch will be best. I would prefer the latter one for a more standard feel and also I hope it may be less stressful on the gearbox as this is for a drift car that will get a lot of clutch kicking.

Which one should I go for? Cheers

2. Matt_slater

Matt_slater Member

I ran an R32 GTR clutch with an Exedy disc in mine which held 400Bhp with a lot of stick. Even held about 500Bhp but didn't drive hard with the GTR clutch in.

3. a16xdk

a16xdk Member

Thanks Matt, and just to confirm it fit straight in with no mods?