Potential End of Rockingham? Another venue?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Arseniy12, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Morning,
    Saw the post from L2D this morning about Rockingham being bought out and loosing the outer paddock, which sucks. But as they said the track has officially been shut for a long time now so it was a bonus to be able to skid there.

A little while ago I saw a post on FB about another potential venue being developed for drifting in the Northampton area. Does anyone know any more about this? Or any info on who is working on it and how it is going?

Thanks

2. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Gutted I missed out on the Meihan days, but a new venue for Northampton sounds interesting....

3. adam_g

adam_g New Member

The new venue in Northampton is called D Pad. It looks like it should be open early March.

Its got a page on Facebook :thumbs:.

• Like Like x 2
  4. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Ideal, will give them a follow.

5. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Awesome, thanks for the info.
    Looks like an oval? Hope they are able to do some good layouts using the center.

6. lesleys14

lesleys14 Member

Hi as I live in Northampton interested in this only I don’t use Facebook are they using br afield or is it a completely new track
    Did google it but couldn’t find it any more info guys ?
    Thanks lesley (female )

7. adam_g

adam_g New Member

I don't know too much about it yet I just saw it on a drift outlaw post on Instagram, but yea it does look like they will be doing different track layouts in the centre.

Its in a place called Horton. I don't know if this helps Lesley?

8. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Yeah, From what I have managed to find its at Northampton oval. Looks like they are removing a lot of the banks and filling in the center pot holes in order to run layouts on the center of the oval.

Looks like there is good potential there, hopefully it all comes good and we can have consistent events running.