S14 (auto) Alarm System

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by chrissmart, May 14, 2019.

1. chrissmart

chrissmart New Member

Evening All,

I am new to the forum but I am in desperate need of some help!

So to give you a back log of the issue I am having it all started with a failing alternator.

As the alternator had failed and I didn’t have the money at the time it was parked up for around a 4-6 weeks and within that time as I intend on making this a competitive car I set about removing the interior and removing the sound proofing (it was an absolute nightmare) and also took it upon myself to remove the centre console and get rid of the radio that was installed by a previous owner. As I wanted more space inside to help remove the sound proofing i also removed the dash as well to make working on the inside easier to remove it all.

Any who back to the problem at hand, I have finally got a second-hand alternator and have installed that into the car once installed with the stock rad and pipes etc all back in I connected the battery backup for the first time for the car to go absolutely mental at me as if someone was breaking into the car. I thought this must be something to do with the lack of dashboard and centre console in the car so I have installed everything back in the car for the same thing to happen again. I disconnected the siren from the car to try and work out the problem but have managed to get nowhere with it however I can start the car up and psychically drive it still.....

The little LED on the dash board is flashing as if the car is locked even when the car is unlocked.
    And also, when the car is locked and the all the doors are closed all the hazards are still going as if someone broke into the car.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate
    for better go to proffecional

3. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

sounds like the NATS system playing up, you might have to reset it. or even bypass it if possible

4. chrissmart

chrissmart New Member

Any idea how I reset it or bypass it?

5. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I dont know how but with it being an older security system id image it cant be that hard to bypass.
    years ago i was talking to a bloke that removed his nats by cutting off a capacitor inside the ecu. No clue if he was chatting shit or what capacitor it is. But don't hold me to it (or even try it!!!)... as i never tried it!

I'd recommend to get a professional to sort it, nats was used on every nissan in the late 90's early 2000's

6. chrissmart

chrissmart New Member

I have had a few direct messages on things to try such as checking the battery is earthed properly etc and nothing has worked. Might have to be a nissan direct jobbie... R.I.P bank account haha

7. chrissmart

chrissmart New Member

So I have managed to resolve the problem by finding the nats box (in the centre console) and disconnected it and now the alarm has gone off. Just cant use the fob anymore which I can live with. Annoyingly the car alarm light (red led on the dash) still keeps going off so I might just disconnect it. But yeah I disconnected it and it's all good now ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️