Round 4 Silverstone

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Chris, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris cölouryüm

Twinning banned at silverstone, cant wait for D1GP with just solo runs...

2. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

what a load of tosh,i don't think they will have us back there

stiggy and the irish dude with the sr86 also got banned by the silverstone tarmac police

regardless it was a good day

3. Chris

Chris cölouryüm

aye matt lemar, and stiggy did stunning runs and were banned.
    but agreed it was a great day, highlight was matt lemar vs non

#3 Chris, Aug 6, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  4. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

WTF? Why were they banned? Banned on the day (Twin Drift)

Why did Stig & co get banned? Confused!

5. Chris

Chris cölouryüm

basicly stig did a doughnut after his run so they disqualfied him for being unsafe

then non hit a bit of polerstyreen (the arrow for the pit) that tourcars smash all the time. During a twin run. nothing happened but the marshels were being ass hats and said twinning at speeds were unsafe. right better stop cars getting close at 50mph at silverstone now then.

after this the finals were all single runs, Matt lemar did a 83 and did the same as stiggers so was disq.

#5 Chris, Aug 6, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  6. junior (donnylegend)

silverstone rectum police more like! what a bunch of dicks! still a good day mind, but still, whats gonna happen on oct 05 when japD1 goes there... "errr sorry but you will have to change the rules of the sport you are professionals in, because we are benders and dont understand what you are doing! either that or go home" on to which, mucho respect for stiggy and matt for giving silverstone the finger! fair play! rant over :D

7. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

That sounds :euge:

8. Chris

Chris cölouryüm

put it this way im sure the final wont be at silverstone

9. Ed.

Ed. The End

Well Snetterton or Brands or even Mondello would be happy to accomodate D1GP.

It has become very clear now that Silverstone are not doing themselves any favours,the british grand prix being a prime example

If something like this happened in Ireland,there would not be boos - the army would have be called in to stop the rioting

10. driftingpheonix

driftingpheonix Active Member

are we all out of silverstone now then???....

11. LDA

LDA Member

wow!! big news. didnt make it today as the car wasnt fixed in time.

so if silverstone have banned twin (just like they did last year) what going to happen at round 5?
    the twin is the best part to watch!!! so what if someone goes in a gravel trap or even touches another car. thats what the harnesses and helmets are for!

was this also why the club corner wasnt used? the silverstone fun police been out wiping the smile off everyones face and stopping then using a good corner or twnning.

L.

12. Barky

Barky Team Triad

Can't believe it, what a shame. Silverstone people are :euge: , If they ban twin drifting or even more cars at the same time when D1GP come, it will be a bit :euge: Can see D1GP guys getting banned for hanging out of the car whilst drifting/doh-nutting.

Thats shit what happened for Mr stiggy man!

13. Cyruz

Cyruz Sell Out

Hi all, (first post). This was my first time at a drifting event, well actually seeing drifting in the flesh. I've been bitten by the drifting bug now and I want more :D. I was really looking forward to seeing the twin drifting and then they canceled it (and half way through!) I was annoyed. Anyway rock on Stig and Matt Lemar!

Rant Over

14. Paddy

Paddy Speedhunter

I'd have no worries about October 2nd as regards the D1GP boys, as I say this with the most amount of respect that the D1GP lads are Professional's in what they do, I dont think there is one solid professional driver in Europe yet as in a drifter who gets payed to drift and nothing else ?

Still tho, I agree its a load of cock ...

15. DeBastaard

DeBastaard Keyboard-Drifter.

Wtf !
    No more twinning at silverstone? jeez what a bunch of crap!

Still hope that they can do twins on 2nd october...

Still Silverstone shouldnt be such a bitch... bah... if they whine about this stuff, they shouldnt have started a circuit ffs.

16. marc

marc New Member

Said bit of poly...

[​IMG]

And a crap photo of arsing about with it afterwards :D ...

[​IMG]

So is the next round at silverstone cancelled ?!!

17. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Hope so, if there's no twin drift. That's the best viewing of the day IMHO, and the guy overtaking on Luffield was brilliant :worthy:

The cockjockey marshalls calling a halt to the twinning was the perfect end to an all round shite day for me :nod:

Congratulations to Ian, Julie and James :thumbs: Dunno who won the Pros as I fucked off home when the sphincter police stuck their oar in.

[/whinge over]:D

18. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

This is why I dont bother going, drifting is not fully understood by pricks like that and althought the organisers do a great job they get hampered and fucked up by Health and Safety obsessed pricks bothered about nothing but covering thier own asses legally. Until drifting is made this a recognised form of motorsport its always gonna be like this IMHO. Bring on D1 corp.

Fuck silverstone, its a shite track for drifting anyways. we should be looking at places like Lydd and Teeside, not as big and glitzy I know, but they are more like the tracks that D1 japan guys use. Its a shame we dont have anywhere like Irwindale.

19. stoofer

stoofer Member

wtf?

im so glad I didnt spend over £150 to go and be angry about it, but still, wtf?

20. DriftLexus

DriftLexus BDC Scrutineer

so can an official complaint not be logged?, all these people spend money to partake in a sport then have fuckwits not directly involved in the sport decide how that sport is run